Not everyone is familiar with the technology of production of elite brandy. This noble drink with a unique finish is obtained by distilling wines from the best grape varieties. You can make delicious cognac at home from vodka. Recipes of such an elite drink are given in our article.
Cooking brandy at home from vodka: the main aspects
Cognac is a true French drink. In this country, its production is regulated by a number of regulations. At home, many of us tried to make cognac. For some, this process ended in a fiasco, while others succeeded in making a drink that was close in taste to real cognac with aging.
Today, there are many different recipes for homemade brandy. You can choose the one you like. Regardless of the recipe, in the production of homemade alcoholic beverages, do not forget to consider some aspects:
- vodka, moonshine or diluted medical alcohol can be taken as the alcohol base;
- you can insist on an alcoholic drink on burnt oak bark or currant buds;
- the amount of vanilla for taste is determined by eye;
- if you cook brandy by heating, then it should never be boiled, and when cooking, the pair should not leave the container, otherwise the strength of the drink decreases;
- the simplest homemade brandy is coffee, it is made within 3-4 days based on ground coffee and moonshine;
- cinnamon sticks or powder, cloves, nut membranes, tea, coffee can be added to give a refined taste to cognac;
- optimal amount of alcohol base - 3 l;
- in their own cognac, you can add animal flowers, wild rose fruits, black pepper-peas, brown sugar;
- Apple cognac, the so-called Calvados, is original in taste: fresh apple and alcohol are used to make it, and the time of infusion takes 40 days;
- homemade brandy must be filtered through 2 layers of gauze fabric;
- the longer the cognac is drawn, the stronger, more aromatic and tastier it turns out.
Gourmet Homemade Drink Recipes
Many representatives of the strong half of humanity are trying to invent a formula of the perfect homemade brandy. By trial and error, some managed to create a truly elite drink. But as a rule, this method of manufacture takes time.
Cognac production at home from vodka, approximate to taste to a French drink, can last at least a year, taking into account the fact that only the first six months you need to insist on oak chips. Let's look at more simple recipes for homemade brandy with the addition of various components.
Recipe number 1
If you want to surprise your guests, then try making chocolate brandy. This drink has a true royal taste and aroma.
- Dark chocolate - 0.2 kg;
- 1.5 liters of moonshine or vodka;
- 375 ml of water;
- vanilla sugar;
- 6 tbsp. sugar sand.
- We break the chocolate bar into small pieces and put it in a separate container.
- Heat the chocolate in a water bath until it is completely melted.
- Add melted chocolate, vodka and vanilla sugar.
- Pour this mixture into a glass container. Close the lid and put in a cool place (you can in the refrigerator) for one week.
- During the time of infusion brandy should be constantly shaken.
- After the allotted time of the sugar and water make syrup.
- Infused brandy thoroughly filtered through gauze fabric, combine with syrup.
- In this form, brandy must insist for another 14 days, and then it can be used.
Recipe number 2
For insisting homemade brandy, you can use prunes. It will give the alcoholic drink not only a noble and divine aroma, but also a pleasant aftertaste with tartness.
- dried prunes - 20 g;
- 0.5 liters of vodka or moonshine;
- 1 tsp. sugar sand;
- 1 bag of black tea;
- vanilla, cinnamon and clove flowers - to taste.
- Fruits prunes thoroughly washed and left in a colander to glass excess liquid.
- In a glass container, we pour moonshine, diluted alcohol or vodka, and then pour the fruits of prunes into a liquid.
- Next, add sugar and other seasonings in accordance with taste preferences.
- Vanilla add a little, about the tip of a knife.
- We mix everything and then drop a tea bag into the alcohol base. We leave the thread outside the can so that the bag can be conveniently removed.
- In a closed container insist brandy for 3-5 days.
- Then take out the tea bag, and filter the brandy using gauze cut.
Recipe number 3
Unusual taste is obtained homemade brandy based on rose hips. For insisting it is best to use fresh and ripe fruit.
- 20-25 pieces wild rose fruits;
- 3-4 black peas;
- ground leaf black tea - 1 tsp;
- 1.5 liters of vodka, moonshine or medical diluted alcohol;
- 2 tsp. sugar sand;
- oak bark - 50 g
- Rose hips thoroughly washed and laid out on the bottom of the glass container.
- Rose berries fill with prepared alcohol base.
- Add all the spices to the liquid and mix the infusion thoroughly.
- Defend brandy for 7 days in a cool place.
- Then thoroughly shake the container and rearrange it in a warm place for another 14 days.
- After insisting homemade brandy should be drained.
You can choose a different recipe for homemade brandy. It all depends entirely on your taste preferences. In many recipes, spices should be added to taste without adhering to clear proportions. But remember that everything is good in moderation, and especially for the use of alcoholic beverages.