Cod has an excellent taste in boiled, stuffed, stewed, fried, steamed, on a lattice. They also make burgers out of it, fill pies with it, salt, dry, smoke. A special delicacy is cod liver. Let us dwell on this method of cooking, like baking.
Baked Cod: Recipe
- oil and salt.
- To cook such a dish is also not a big deal. Clean scales and entrails and wash the fish. Grate it with salt and spices, put on a greased baking sheet and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until cooked.
- There are, however, recipes that are both more complicated and more interesting.
Baked cod fillet
It takes time and a little more to prepare this dish. But the taste is - delicious!
- 1 kg cod fillet
- 80 ml cream
- 100 g sour cream
- 50 g of mayonnaise
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- half a lemon
- salt and pepper (to taste).
- Carefully sharpen the knife. This should be done, because the fillet will wrinkle under the blunt knife, and even, beautiful pieces will not work. Divide the cod: remove the ridge and all other bones. Cut off the skin from the fillet. From all sides, rub with salt and pepper.
- Put the fish on a baking sheet. Sprinkle it with the juice of half a lemon and pour the cream.
- Tomatoes, onions, cut into thin half-gobs.
- The first layer to put on the fillet is tomatoes. It is desirable to salt and pepper them. The second layer - onion half rings.
- Mix mayonnaise with sour cream. And this consistency cover onions and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, put cod there for 25 minutes.
- The fish should be tender and juicy. This dish can be served with a salad of green radish, dry white wine.
Cod baked with potatoes
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 0.5 kg of potatoes.
- Rinse the cod, remove the skin from it, cut off the fins, separate the meat from the bones. Then cut the meat into small squares, cover with sour cream, mayonnaise. Salt, pepper, put in a cold place for 1 hour.
- Turn on the oven for 10 minutes before you get the fish. It is necessary that the oven is well warmed up.
- Prepare the vegetables. Peel the onions and cut them as small as possible. Rinse carrots, parsnips, peel, rub on a large grater.
- Put all the ingredients in the pan and mix thoroughly with the fish, smooth the surface. Several pieces of butter can be spread all over the surface. Then the dish will be fatter and juicier.
- Peeled potatoes cut into thin rings, cover them with the entire surface of cod. Potato plates after baking will be similar to chips. Their thin edges will wrap up, slightly browned.
- Put the pan to bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Put the finished cod on the dish and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Cod baked with cheese
- 800 g (or 4 fillets) of fish
- 250 g small tomatoes
- 200 g mozzarella or any other cheese
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste
- greens, pepper, salt.
- Sprinkle cod meat with lemon juice, rub with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomatoes into 2 equal pieces. Diced sweet peppers and zucchini. Celery cut into circles. Rub the cheese.
- Heat 3 tbsp. l butter, add chopped garlic, Bulgarian pepper, zucchini, chopped herbs, celery. Fry all this for 10 minutes. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, pepper, salt.
- Lubricate the form of the remaining oil, put the vegetables and fish. Bake at 175 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 7 minutes until cooked add cheese pieces. Put it in the oven again until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the cod, baked with cheese, with a slice of lemon and fresh vegetables.
Cod baked in foil with vegetables
Painted for 2 portions.
- 400-500 g fillet
- 100 g broccoli
- 100 g cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- a little mint
- 1 tbsp. l soy sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- thyme and mustard seeds
- dried rosemary, pepper, salt.
- Broccoli, cauliflower, wash, divide into florets, mix. Cut the carrots into small cubes, add to the cabbage.
- Fill the vegetables with water, put to boil. When the water boils, salt and boil for another 5 minutes. Then strain the vegetable broth.
- Pot with boiled vegetables dip in cold water. Add ice to the water. These seemingly strange actions are needed so that vegetables do not lose their brightness after cooking.
- Cook the marinade for cod. Cut finely mint. Remove the skin from the tomato, cut it into cubes. Add thyme, soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil. All whisk blender. Add mustard peas, dried rosemary. Marinade-sauce for fish is ready.
- Now pour the carina marinade. Keep the fish in it for about 10 minutes.
- Onion cut into half rings. Mix it with honey and caramelize for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spread foil at the bottom of the form. Put carrots, broccoli, cauliflower on it. Put the pickled cod on the vegetables, pour the remaining marinade. Cover the fish with caramelized onions. Sprinkle with pepper, grated cheese and pour vegetable broth, but very little for rich vegetables.
- Wrap the cod in foil and bake in a preheated 200 degree oven for about half an hour.
- Before serving the fish, sprinkle with finely chopped greens.
Cod baked in sour cream
- 2 tbsp. l sunflower oil
- 600 g sour cream
- 1.5 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. l lemon juice
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- cod (1.5 kg).
- Clean the fish, rub it with pepper inside and out, pour in oil. Put in a deep pan and put in the oven for 10 minutes to make it brown.
- Then transfer it to a closer dish. Pour sour cream, half closed her fish. Cover with a lid, put in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Put the prepared fish on the dish, cover with lemon juice.
- Salt the remaining sour cream, add grated nutmeg, lemon zest. Serve the sauce separately to the dish or pour fish over it.
- It is said that those who often use fish have a bright head and good mood. And, of course, not by chance. Cod contains vitamins B, vitamin A, D, which have a beneficial effect on the nervous system, skin, nails, hair, and respiratory organs, which contribute to the rapid healing of wounds. Her meat returns strength, strengthens bones, teeth, immunity.
Such a useful way of cooking fish, like baking, is very diverse. And the proposed recipes of the whole variety do not exhaust at all. You can create your own recipe yourself. Do not be afraid and make bold innovations: add your favorite vegetables, seasonings and sauces to the cod. So, experiment, eat cod and do not get sick!