What do you think is the secret of preparing a festive table? True, in the right menu and harmonious combination of dishes. And here comes another holiday, but we do not know what kind of appetizer or salad to put on the table. Why not make a delicious cod liver salad? This dish will take pride of place on any table.
Sharing culinary secrets
As you know, cod liver has always been considered a delicacy product. It is famous not only for its exquisite taste, but also for its nutritional value, as well as an unusually useful component composition. If you have not used this product for making salad before today, then the secrets of culinary specialists will help you to make a real masterpiece of ordinary dishes:
- When choosing canned cod liver, pay attention to the composition and labeling. In the liver there should be no other components, except salt and a mixture of peppers. There must be a mark on compliance with GOST.
- Check the freshness of cod liver by shaking the can. Fresh product will not gurgle inside the container.
- Salads can be mixed to a uniform consistency or layered.
- In order not to clog the taste of cod liver, add a minimal set of food to the salad. Best of all this delicacy is combined with cheese, boiled eggs and potatoes.
- Cod liver can be served in tartlets. Onions and cheese are added to the filling.
- As a dressing, use mayonnaise, sour cream or cheese sauce.
- Cod liver taste is in harmony with olives, pickled cucumbers and mushrooms.
- In the classic version, a cod delicacy salad is prepared with the addition of greens, pickled onions, mayonnaise sauce and hard cheese.
Delicious salad in a matter of minutes
We want to share with you a simple recipe for salad with cod liver. Delicious ingredient will allow you to give the dish refinement and unusual taste. Some housewives and experienced chefs consider this way of cooking salad to be traditional in some way. With the help of step-by-step photos, you can easily cook this salad in 10-15 minutes.
- 1 onion;
- 2 boiled chicken eggs;
- 3 potatoes;
- to taste freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- vegetable refined oil for refilling;
- canned cod liver;
- green sweet peas;
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- We start with cooking ingredients. Boil the potatoes in the peel, cool, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Onion is pre-soaked in water and chopped.
- Open the jar with canned cod liver, drain the liquid and carefully knead the canned food.
- Boiled eggs chop into cubes or skip through the mesh.
- With green canned peas, decant the liquid.
- In a deep dish lay out all the components and mix, seasoning with vegetable oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Salt to taste, add a mixture of peppers for spice.
- Simple but refined salad served to the table, decorated with greens.
Classics culinary genre
To date, the number of existing recipes for salads with cod liver is impossible to count. But the classic version is left alone. If you want to cook a festive delicious dish, it is best to make a layered salad.
- Canned cod liver - 1 b .;
- 2-3 pieces boiled potatoes;
- 1 boiled carrots;
- 3 boiled chicken eggs;
- 3 pcs. pickled cucumbers;
- feather bow;
- 50-60 grams of hard cheese;
- mayonnaise sauce, salt and pepper mix - to taste.
- It is better to lay cod liver salad in layers in a separate portion dish. For this, we take special bowls or small vases.
- Cook potatoes, carrots and eggs until tender.
- Pre-rub the cheese, chop the greens, mash the cod liver with a fork to the consistency of porridge.
- At the bottom of the salad bowl lay out chopped boiled potatoes.
- Next, on top of the potatoes evenly spread cod liver. This layer is seasoned with a mixture of peppers.
- Onion feathers cut into small rings and sprinkle them with cod liver.
- Next, pour plenty of onion mayonnaise sauce.
- Peel pickled cucumbers and rub. Before adding to the salad lightly squeeze the cucumber mass to get rid of the marinade.
- In boiled eggs, we separate the whites from the yolks.
- Grated proteins spread on top of pickled cucumbers.
- Next, in a uniform layer lay out finely grated boiled carrots.
- Sprinkle the salad with grated cheese and season it with mayonnaise sauce. Top out with crushed egg yolk.
- We send the salad to the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours, and before serving, decorate it with chopped greens or olives.
Following the sun: preparing a delicious salad "Sunflower"
The name "Sunflower" salad received for its shape and decoration. Shredded olives play the role of sunflower seeds, and beautiful sunflower petals are nothing but potato chips. And the chips you can bake yourself or buy ready in any culinary department. To reduce the calorie content of the salad, you can replace the mayonnaise sauce with a low-fat sour cream.
- 0.4 kg of cod liver;
- 0.3 kg of potatoes;
- 0,2 l mayonnaise sauce;
- 2 onions;
- 6 boiled chicken eggs;
- 100 g of olives;
- potato chips for decoration;
- 60 g butter;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Put the butter on the pan and melt it.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the onion.
- We send crushed onions in melted butter and fry until ready.
- Boil potatoes in their skins, cool and clean.
- Best of all components to rub. Let's start with the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes on a dish, sprinkle it with salt and richly grease with mayonnaise sauce.
- We spread and evenly distribute the fried onion over the potato layer.
- Also we grease this layer with mayonnaise sauce.
- Open the canned fish and lay out the cod liver in a plate.
- Thoroughly crush it with a fork, removing excess oil.
- Spread the cod liver over the browned onion. For piquancy, this layer can be lightly sprinkled with white pepper.
- After smearing the layer with mayonnaise sauce, spread the grated egg whites on top and then the yolks.
- Drain the olives from the olives and cut them into an arbitrary shape.
- We spread on the surface of the salad, forming sunflower seeds.
- Potato chips are used for decoration. They are laid out around the circumference of the plate in the form of sunflower petals.
Cod liver can make delicious snacks and salads. They will be not only an addition to the daily table, but also the decoration of any holiday. With cod liver you can cook salads "Mimosa" and "Herring under a fur coat." If you do not want to spoil the taste of fish delicacy, add the minimum amount of products to the salad and season it with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Do not be afraid to experiment, try to develop a new recipe and share it with friends. Enjoy your meal!