Many hostesses like to pamper their household and surprise guests with delicious pastries. The original design is another reason to love sweets. Often at home for the decoration of confectionery products use glaze. There are many different recipes for making delicious glazes. Today we will discuss how to make cocoa icing for the cake according to the recipes of world famous confectioners and chefs.
Chocolate icing for cocoa cake
Chocolate glaze can be used to decorate cakes, cupcakes, muffins, eclairs and other pastries. Perhaps every hostess chose a recipe that was already loved by all members of the household. Maybe you will find something new for yourself and definitely want to try the chocolate icing on this recipe. Let's begin our journey through the confectionery country with the easiest way to make cocoa powder coating.
- Potato starch - 1 tbsp. l without a hill;
- filtered or boiled water - 4 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- cocoa powder 3 tbsp. l
- Before you start making chocolate glaze, please note: all proportions must be observed so that the frosting does not float, and table spoons should be filled without a slash. If you want to give the glaze a richer flavor, then add a little more cocoa powder.
- Sift cocoa powder, table starch and powdered sugar, and then put all the ingredients in a separate container.
- Take filtered or boiled water and be sure to cool it very much. It is enough to put the container in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. You can beat with a mixer.
- Lightly thickened glaze can lubricate the surface of the confection.
Cooking icing with milk
When adding milk, the glaze gets a delicate creamy taste. There are many different recipes for milk chocolate coating. Let's look at the classic way.
- cocoa powder - 3 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 150 g;
- milk of any fat content - 4 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 40 g;
- vanilla sugar - 0.5 tsp.
- Put cocoa powder and caster sugar in a separate container. Stir dry ingredients and add milk.
- After thorough mixing, put the container on moderate heat and boil the mixture for a little while until a foam forms on its surface.
- Then remove the container from the stove and allow the mixture to cool slightly. For this is enough 8-10 minutes.
- Add lightly softened butter to the mixture and mix well. It is best to whip the frosting, then its texture will be light and fluffy.
- Chocolate glaze with milk added is ready for use.
Sour cream fudge
If you need to quickly prepare a dessert, then try to make chocolate icing with the addition of sour cream. It is prepared very quickly. Chocolate rich flavor and thick texture will allow such a glaze to decorate not only the cake, but other desserts, for example, ice cream, jelly or baked caramel fruits.
- cocoa powder - 5 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 2 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sour cream with a large percentage of fat - 5 tbsp. l
- Put sour cream in a separate container and add icing sugar to it, and then beat well with a whisk, blender or mixer to make a fluffy mass.
- Melt butter in a water bath or in a skillet.
- Add cocoa powder and melted butter to sour cream, mix everything well.
- After thorough mixing, the glaze is ready for use.
Mirror Glaze Recipe
If you want to surprise your guests and loved ones with an unusual dessert, then try to make a mirror glaze as a decoration for the cake. In it you can see your reflection.
- liquid honey - 150 ml;
- dark chocolate - 150 g;
- powdered gelatin - 1 tbsp. l .;
- condensed milk - 150 g;
- water - 75 ml;
- granulated sugar - 150 g.
- Dilute the gelatin in 30 ml of filtered water and let it swell.
- Pour the remaining filtered or boiled water into a separate container, add liquid honey and granulated sugar. Mix all ingredients well. Put on moderate heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- After that, add condensed milk to the resulting mixture and stir well.
- Crush bitter chocolate: cut into small pieces or rub on a grater.
- Add chopped chocolate and swollen gelatin to the glaze bowl.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and allow the glaze to cool.
- Confectionery such a glaze needs to be watered, and not smeared with a brush so that the surface is smooth and mirrored.
Tips from experienced chefs
If you are going to bake a cake for the first time and decorate it with chocolate icing on top, then read the tips of the best pastry chefs:
- choose a convenient way for you to prepare the glaze: hot or cold, and be sure to respect all proportions;
- if the glaze is too thick, it can be diluted with a liquid (milk, water, sour cream);
- too thin chocolate glaze is easy to make thicker by adding flour or food starch;
- glaze on confectionery should be cooled down;
- in order to understand that the icing is ready for use, dip a finger in the container: if you hold your hand calmly, it means that it has cooled to the desired temperature;
- glaze, which is prepared without brewing, should be used immediately, because as a result of storage it thickens and crystallizes;
- to cover the confection with glaze should be consistent: apply thin layers alternately;
- if you use a mirror glaze, then you need to water the surface of the product with it, but in no case do not smear it with a spoon or brush;
- if the baking surface is uneven, then before applying the glaze, grease it with a thin layer of jam.
Do not be afraid to experiment. Try adding zest to your favorite recipes. Very good chocolate coating is combined with rum, vanilla essence, brandy and coconut chips. Pamper your family and cook delicious pastries with chocolate icing.