Every housewife wants the taste of her cooked dishes to be admired. However, it is also very important aesthetic impression of the serving and design of the table. And then the original cocktail salad comes to the rescue. With ham and cheese, for example, this dish has a lot of options that even an aspiring cook can repeat.
The main difference between a cocktail salad and a traditional snack is serving. This dish is served in salad bowls on a high leg, turrets, on crackers or croutons, and all the ingredients are laid out in layers. But rules exist to violate them, so the latter condition does not require too strict compliance, and products can be mixed. From this salad cocktail does not get worse and retains its advantages:
- the dish is served not in a common dish, but to each separately;
- small salad bowls on the table look very impressive;
- to prepare such a snack does not take much time;
- As a rule, cocktail salads do not involve the use of a long list of products.
The only important condition that should never be violated is the very fine cutting of the salad ingredients.
Ham and cheese - the key to success of the salad
There is little point in talking about the advantages of the combination of ham and cheese in salads, because these are the products that “automatically” make them appetizing and nutritious. Moreover, slightly fresh cheese and aromatic ham are excellent companions for almost all vegetables and even for some fruits, not to mention a harmonious combination with any dressing (butter, mayonnaise, various sauces).
The ham and cheese company can be supplemented:
- sweet peppers, etc.
How to choose the "main characters"?
If you want to prepare a ham and cheese cocktail salad, then, first of all, you need to make sure that the products are fresh. In addition, note that the meat product should not be too fat, and even more so with layers of fat. As for cheese, the main thing is that it is hard, but the variety doesn’t matter. Moreover, some decorators of buffet tables (which made salads, cocktails so popular in domestic cooking) manage to add cheese to this dish.
A simple recipe for a cocktail salad with ham and cheese
The original recipe for a cocktail salad with ham and cheese involves dressing with mayonnaise. But for those who do not like this sauce, you can use olive oil - the taste will also be very interesting.
- 350 grams of lean ham;
- 120 g grated hard cheese;
- 1 pickled cucumber;
- dill (to your taste);
- 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp. sweet mustard.
- Chop ham very finely.
- Cheese and cucumber grate.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Mix the products in a bowl.
- Make a dressing, mixing mustard with mayonnaise.
- We fill the salad cocktail and spread it in wide glasses.
This salad can also be served on crackers or toasts. The recipe can be slightly modified by adding a fresh cucumber instead of a salted one - the snack will be more juicy.
Spring salad with tomatoes
Salad cocktails are good because sometimes tableware is not needed for their serving: the products that make up the snacks play the role of tara - for example, if you make an aperitif with tomatoes.
- 14 small tomatoes (it is better to take the cream so that the vegetable does not spread too much juice);
- 140 g low-fat ham;
- 2 tbsp. l salad mayonnaise;
- 100 grams of cream cheese;
- salt, pepper (to your taste);
- We start with refueling. Cream cheese, mayonnaise whisk whisk.
- Finely chop the greens and add to the cheese mass, salt, pepper it.
- It remains to cut the ham into small cubes and mix with the sauce.
- Wash the tomatoes with water, dry with a paper towel and cut the top off.
- Spoon scrub the pulp and lay a salad. The dish is ready. Before serving, you can decorate the vegetable ice-cream bowls with parsley leaves.
Gourmet Cucumber Appetizer
A classic cocktail salad should be laid out in layers. At the same time it is important that the products in the salad bowl were multi-colored.
- 120 g low-fat ham;
- 120 g grated hard cheese;
- 1 red sweet pepper;
- 1 cucumber;
- 2 eggs;
- 3 tbsp. l light mayonnaise (the more fluid the sauce, the better).
- Chop ham, cucumber, pepper and hard-boiled eggs very finely.
- Layers fill the glass, start with ham, then cucumber, then eggs, cheese. We finish with a layer of sweet pepper.
- Carefully pour lettuce mayonnaise. Leave for 10 minutes to soak. The dish is ready.
Salad cocktail with mushroom notes
Pickled champignons add special piquancy to this version.
- 140 g low-fat ham;
- 3 eggs;
- 90 g of small pickled champignons;
- 3 tbsp. l salad mayonnaise;
- 80 g grated cheese;
- 70 g canned green peas;
- 1 tsp. celery seed.
- Boil eggs, cool them and chop finely.
- Merge the marinade with mushrooms, cut them into quarters.
- Shred small ham squares.
- Strain the peas, mix all the products.
- Pound celery in a mortar, pour it into mayonnaise.
- Fill the salad with sauce, cool in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Serve in glasses.
Kiwi Gourmet Snack
This option is good because you can fill it not only with mayonnaise, but also with sour cream or olive oil.
- 200 g of ham;
- 200 g smoked breast (chicken);
- 80 grams of canned corn;
- 90 grams of grated cheese;
- 3 eggs;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 3 Kiwis;
- 150 ml low-fat sour cream;
- Cut the breast, cucumber and kiwi into thin strips.
- Ham cut along the fibers.
- Boil eggs, cool and finely cut.
- Put the ingredients in a salad bowl, add some salt, mix and pour sour cream.
- Each portion is decorated with corn kernels.
Another plus of this salad is that the products can be layered, tucking each with a small amount of sauce.
If you want to surprise your relatives with an unusual aperitif, do not deny yourself the pleasure of making a cocktail salad with ham and cheese. You can add the basic ingredients to your taste, but the original table setting will attract attention in any case. It is also important that you absolutely do not have to spend half a day in the kitchen to master the technology of cooking this culinary delight.