In the confectionery world, it is believed that Slavic cuisine has almost the richest selection of pastries. The classic of this genre is considered a multi-layered cake "Napoleon". The combination of puff pastry and custard gourmet cream is familiar to all from early childhood. Today we will discuss how to prepare the classic cream for "Napoleon".
Reveal the secrets of the confectionery world
Many of us, judging by the name of the cake, mistakenly think that France is its homeland. But this is not at all the case, because apart from the name, the cake has nothing in common with this country. For the first time cake "Napoleon" baked in Tsarist Russia. Such name baking received due to its appearance. Initially, the cake was baked from cakes, laid out in the form of a cocked hat, which the great French emperor and commander Napoleon loved so much.
For many generations, "Napoleon" is considered a classic and loved by many of us. Usually this cake is made of thin puff layers, which are soaked in a tender, fragrant and moderately fat custard. There is even a state standard for the preparation of such a cream.
The time has come for the modern generation to learn how to make a classic custard for Napoleon. But before we want to share a few pastry secrets:
- According to GOST, milk with any percentage of fat content, high-grade flour, butter, crystalline sugar, eggs are added to the cream described.
- Eggs are better to take chilled. So you can carefully beat them with sugar crystals.
- Milk with flour and a small amount of granulated sugar is brewed to a boil. As soon as the formula starts to boil, it is immediately set aside.
- Pour the hot milk in the beaten egg mixture should be carefully, constantly whipping cream. Otherwise, you risk spoiling the food, as egg white will boil.
- Store cooked cream in the refrigerator can be no more than 40 hours.
- You can add a pinch of vanilla, nutmeg, a little liquor or brandy to give the custard a taste.
- Chocolate cream is obtained by adding grated chocolate or cocoa powder to the milk mass.
- For making custard, you can use condensed milk. In this case, strictly follow all prescription proportions.
- Lubricating puff cakes, do not skimp on the amount of cream. The cakes for Napoleon are dry by nature, so they absorb the cream as much as possible.
- In the classic version, the cake is decorated with crumbs. If you want to make an inscription or decorate the cake borders, then custard will not work, because of the consistency of it liquid and vague.
- In the process of brewing the cream should thicken. You do not need to boil it for too long, otherwise as a result you will smell and taste of burning milk.
- A wooden shovel with a long handle is ideal for mixing the cream.
- If there are still lumps in the cream, then with the introduction of softened butter, whisk it with a whisk, blender or mixer.
Lovers of home baking is dedicated
Holiday is coming or perhaps you just want to impress everyone with your pastry skills? Then bake a cake "Napoleon". And to give your favorite pastry an unusual taste, let's prepare a classic cream for "Napoleon". The highlight will be the addition of condensed milk.
- milk - ½ st .;
- ½ tbsp. crystalline sugar;
- 1 tbsp. condensed milk;
- 4 things. eggs (yolks only);
- ½ tbsp. sifted flour.
- In a deep bowl, beat chilled egg yolks with granulated sugar.
- Gradually spread the sifted flour into this mixture.
- Again, mix everything until a mass of homogeneous consistency is formed.
- Put the egg-sugar mixture in thick-walled dishes and set it on fire.
- At the same stage, add milk.
- As soon as the mixture began to boil, quickly set it aside from the stove and add condensed milk.
- Thoroughly whisk cream.
- Cool the cream and grease them with the prepared cakes.
What could be better than the classics?
Regardless of the season or fashion trends, the classics always remains in high esteem and is very popular. Of course, we are now talking about the cream for "Napoleon". The classic recipe will be for you a real visual aid and will help to make a true custard in accordance with the established state standard. For a change in taste, you can add a few drops of your favorite liquor to the cream. If you have to cook cream for the first time for smearing puff cakes, then carefully study all the features of cooking and be sure to observe the prescription proportions.
- on ½ tbsp. brown and white granulated sugar;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 250 g of creamy softened butter;
- ½ tbsp. milk;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 0.5 tsp. vanilla.
- Put chicken eggs into a saucepan and add two types of granulated sugar.
- Use a spatula or spoon and mix the sugar-egg mass thoroughly.
- Then a little beat up the mass with a hand whisk.
- When the bubbles appear on the surface of the mixture, a thin stream of milk is poured in, the temperature of which should be at room temperature.
- We continue to whisk the mass with a whisk. If it is very difficult for you to mix by hand, use a mixer or blender.
- Gradually add sifted flour. Stir the cream, we do not stop for a second.
- Now we send a homogeneous mass to the plate. Cook over cream over moderate heat.
- Please note that you need to constantly knead with a spatula or a whisk.
- After 15 minutes, set the cream aside and cool it a little. For reference, determine the temperature of the air in the room and cool the cream naturally.
- Then add pieces of creamy softened butter and vanilla to taste.
- Now using a mixer or blender, thoroughly whip the cream. It should be uniform, without lumps.
- The cream is ready and you can use it to soak the cakes. Experienced pastry chefs recommend cooking cream simultaneously with baking cakes.
In many ways, the taste of baking depends on the quality of the prepared cream. Custard goes well with almost any type of confectionery. But the cake "Napoleon" with this cream is a separate fascinating story. For a change of taste, "Napoleon" can be impregnated with cream, cottage cheese, sour cream. By the way, it turns out very tasty custard, mixed with fruit or berry puree. Enjoy your meal!