Chuck Chuck - Eastern sweetness, which is most often referred to the national dishes of Bashkortostan and Tatarstan. There is no specific ingredient in this sweet recipe. At its core, this is the same brushwood (the well-known cookie), which was filled with honey caramel. But despite the similar composition, the results are completely different.
Chuck Chuck has its peculiar taste, resembling roasting, nevertheless, having something special among its taste qualities. You can cook chuck chuck at home according to several recipes.
Chuck Chuck recipe at home
The composition of the test:
- Flour - 500 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Milk - 125 ml (0.5 st)
- Butter - 30 g
- Honey - 300 g
- Sugar - 200 g
- Eggs must be mixed with salt and sugar. Take the required amount of flour for the test and sift it. In the center of the hill formed of flour you need to make a hole and put there milk, eggs with sugar and salt, as well as butter, which you must first melt.
- Now you can start mixing the dough. To do this, take a fork and start kneading by pouring flour from the edges into the center, where all the liquid ingredients are located. The dough should be soft and not sticky, for mixing it you need to use all the prepared flour. If you see that the dough is too dry and cannot absorb all the flour, you can add a little more milk to it.
- Put the finished dough on the work surface and remember it for about 5 minutes. If the dough sticks to your hands while kneading, use flour, but use it as little as possible. If the dough is supersaturated with flour, it may become too hard.
- Place the kneaded dough in a bowl and cover. Leave it to stand for about 1 hour. Then, the dough must be rolled out so that the resulting layer has a width of about 0.5 cm. The dough rolled out in this way must be cut into strips 1-1.5 cm wide. Each of these strips needs to be turned into a flagellum, which will be about 0.5 cm thick. How long you will get a flagellum does not matter.
- Take a deep frying pan and heat about 300-400 ml of vegetable oil in it (if you have a fryer, you can do everything in it). The rolled flagella should be cut into small pieces, which can be either 0.5 cm or 4-5 cm long. How long the flagella will have for your chuck chuck is up to you (both options are quite acceptable). The taste of sweetness, the size of the flagella does not affect. The dough is very convenient to cut with scissors.
- After cutting the dough to fry until golden, light brown. The frying process is very fast. You need only 1-2 minutes to do this. To get rid of excess fat, fried dough should be placed on paper towels.
- Now go to cooking caramel. Honey must be melted in a water bath or on low heat. Do not remove the melted honey from the heat immediately; you first need to pour sugar into it and, with constant stirring, achieve complete dissolution of the sugar. It is worth remembering that sugar is a very capricious product that quickly burns. Therefore, you need to melt the honey and dissolve the sugar in it at a really slow fire. After the start of boiling, a mixture of honey and sugar should be cooked for about 5 minutes. When the mixture will boil it can not be stirred too intensely. This can lead to a violation of the crystallization of sugar (it may occur too early). It is enough to mix this mixture only slightly. Watch the drip from the spoon. When they get some thickness, it will be a signal that the caramel is almost ready. The caramel will be quite ready when, after a droplet falling from a spoon, a thin tail begins to stretch.
- The readiness of the caramel can also be determined by the bubbles that appear on the surface during cooking. At first, they will burst quickly (as if boiling water), but in the process of caramelization they will become tight, which will also be a sign of caramel readiness.
- Previously fried dough should be laid out in a wide dish and filled with hot caramel. Then the caramel and dough should be mixed so that the caramel evenly covers the dough. The plate on which you will lay out chuck chuck, moisten with water. Do the same with your own hands so that the sweetness does not stick while you spread it. So put a lot of dough and caramel on a plate. Then, with your hands, give chuck to chuck shape and leave it until it freezes. Delicious oriental sweetness is ready.
Chuck chuck at home with almonds and prunes
- Flour - 450-500 g
- Eggs - 6 pcs
- Water - 25 ml
- Honey - 150 ml
- Ghee - 400 g
- Powdered sugar
- Take the eggs and whip them into the foam. Then add flour to them and form a dough. It should not be too cool.
- The resulting dough should be rolled onto flagella about 0.5 cm thick. Formed flagella should be divided into pieces of approximately 1 x 0.5 cm in size. During frying, these pieces, as a rule, increase in size by about 2-3 times.
- The resulting pieces of dough need to fry in boiling melted butter. This should be done over low heat. Fry the dough until it gets a light golden hue.
- Boil syrup from water, sugar and honey and cool it. Ready-to-eat syrup should be viscous.
- The sweetness should be placed on a serving plate on a serving plate, pouring the resulting syrup. In order for Chuck Chuck to acquire new flavors, it is necessary to gradually add almonds and prunes.
- When the formation of the hill is fully completed, leave the chuck chuck so that it is soaked and cooled. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar before serving the table.
Chuck Chuck is a great addition to tea, coffee or milk. There are a lot of chuck chuck varieties. It all depends on what recipe you will use. In any case, chak chak is a very tasty and fragrant sweetness, which has its specific properties that distinguish it from other sweet dishes.