Pie "Chrysanthemum" outwardly seems to be a real work of art: a lush flower with a large number of petals, so carefully molded and laid out, causes a desire not to violate its integrity and beauty. The cake can be a worthy decoration of the holiday table or hit home with the traditional evening tea, but for this it will require full commitment and a lot of free time.
Traditional meat pie "Chrysanthemum": a recipe with photos
The whole complexity of creating the "Chrysanthemum" is not so much the kneading of the dough - here the classic bland yeast is used, as in the manual assembly of each "petal" and defining it in its place. In the rest, perhaps, work with this pie cannot be called particularly laborious, but you will need 0.5-1 hours of free time, and in addition to it 3-4 hours will be spent on the dough, and about 1 hour more - on baking the finished product.
- Wheat flour - 0.5 kg
- Live yeast - 17 g
- Chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- Milk - 250 ml
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Butter - 25 g
- Minced meat - 400 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Soft cheese - 80 g
- Warm water - 75 ml
- Initially, it is necessary to prepare a brew - knead the live yeast with a fork, combine with 100 ml of warm milk and sugar, stir gently so that the components are maximally dissolved, leave under a lid in a warm place. Ideal for this is suitable heated to 50 degrees and off the oven.
- In a large bowl, 1 egg is broken, combined with salt, and whipped. Gradually, the remaining milk and wheat flour is mixed in there. It is better to stir the dough with a wooden spatula, to do it quickly and not for long, so that it does not beat.
- After 10-15 minutes in the same bowl blends opara. Working with live yeast in the case of "light" dough, as here, it is possible without this waiting time, but it will contribute to a greater pomp and tenderness of the cake. Kneading the dough with yeast should also be quickly but gently. Then it is covered, wrapped in a towel and put back in the oven.
- While the dough fits, you need to do mince. If you have it in finished form, simply mix with chopped onion, egg white (leave the yolk) and warm water, as well as spices, if you need them.
- When the dough rises, and it happens in 1-1.5 hours, not earlier, it is crushed and the whole volume is divided into several parts: each of them is laid out on a wooden surface, rolled in flour and rolled. From the dough will need to cut small circles with a thickness of up to 5 mm. Their size depends on the desired number of petals: the smaller the circles, the more parts the flower will have.
- A small amount of minced meat is laid on each circle (layer - 5-7 mm), grated cheese is scattered on top. The circle is folded in half so that the stuffing is “enclosed” in the center, and the dough is on top. Then it is again folded, but in a short transverse line, combining sharp corners. They need to press each other to fix.
- The baking mold is recommended to take a split, the diameter for a given volume of dough, it is desirable to keep within 30 cm. It is lined with parchment, which must be processed with butter. Formed "petals" are laid out in a circle, heading from the periphery to the center. If you start the “step” from the center, the integrity of the pie will be broken: each wide side of the front lobe should lie on its connected corners, slightly pressing and sticking to them.
- While the oven is heated to 170 degrees, the surface of the cake is smeared with whipped egg yolk. Bake the cake for 40 minutes. at an average level, then the temperature rises to 180 degrees, and the product reaches readiness for another 10-15 minutes.
Pie "Chrysanthemum" with minced meat and unleavened dough apples
No less attractive and the pie "Chrysanthemum", made from yeast-free dough. And in order to give a zest to the filling, besides minced meat there you should add sour apples or prunes. The main thing is that such a cake is prepared much faster than the traditional version, which means it will be suitable in case of sudden guests.
- Kefir - 250 ml
- Wheat flour - 0.6 kg
- Chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 70 g
- Baking Powder - 10 g
- Salt - Pinch
- Minced meat - 300 g
- Green apples - 2 pcs.
- Bulb onion - 1 pc.
- Chicken eggs (1 egg and 1 yolk) are whipped with softened butter and kefir using a mixer, wheat flour is gradually introduced to them, along with baking powder. As soon as the dough becomes homogeneous, it is crushed in a smooth room and left in a warm and dark place.
- Apples are cut into small cubes, the onion is chopped, salted minced meat is added to the ingredients and stretched by hand.
- Settled for 5-10 min. the dough is divided into 40-45 lumps, each of which must be rolled into an uneven circle 5 mm thick. Mixed with minced apple is stretched over its surface, the dough is folded twice, the edges are slightly pinned. "Petals" are laid out in a circle, forming a flower.
- Bake a pie "Chrysanthemum" from yeast-free pastry should be at a temperature of 175 degrees and included convection. The timer is set for 40 minutes, after which the temperature is increased to 190 degrees and wait another 10 minutes.
Sweet cake "Chrysanthemum": a recipe with recommendations
For the most obvious sweet teeth and lovers of baking, the Chrysanthemum cake with jam and fresh berries is suitable, which after cooking can be sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon or decorated with grated chocolate.
- Dry yeast - 10 g
- Wheat flour - 450 g
- Buttermilk or kefir - 200 ml
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Brown sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Jam - 220 g
- Fresh berries - 140 g
- Dry yeast should definitely be allowed to separate and rise, so they are carefully poured into warmed kefir (50-100 ml), sugar is also added there, the container is covered with a lid.
- In another bowl (metal or glass), flour is poured in a heap, and a funnel is made into it, into which the egg is broken. A pinch of salt and kefir residue follow him. The dough is kneaded quickly, whipping movements. In 20 minutes. approached yeast is poured into it and brown sugar is poured. The mass is thoroughly mixed again, the bowl is covered with foil and put in a warm closed oven for 2 hours.
- When the specified time comes out, the dough needs to be pressed with hands and re-placed in the oven, but for 1 hour. After the expiration date, the entire volume of dough is divided into several parts, each rolled into a thin (4 mm) cake, cut into circles with an arbitrary diameter. It is recommended to work with the parts alternately, leaving the non-working in the oven, so as not to dry out.
- Each circle on top is smeared with a thin layer of jam, a little fresh or thawed berries are added to the middle. The circles are folded in half twice to make quarters with plucked, sharp ends at the bottom. In a baked baking sheet with vegetable oil, they are distributed from the outer to the inner circle.
It is recommended to bake a sweet pie "Chrysanthemum" in the same way as a meat pie: in an oven heated to 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes, after which it is desirable to leave it for another 10 minutes. in the oven off, and only then remove and shift under the towel. During the whole process of baking, the oven cannot be opened, so that the dough does not fall.