Airy and incredibly gentle chocolate mousse are the traditions and classics of the French cuisine of kings, the personification of the chic and luxury of Versailles. Times, tastes, morals change, but the classic recipe of a favorite dessert remains invariable.
Air ballfine mousse: recipe
- Dark chocolate - 200 gr.
- Cream 20 percent fat - 200 gr.
- Chicken egg - 5 pcs.
- Granulated sugar - 100 gr.
- Vanilla sugar - 1 tsp.
- Take a small saucepan and place there the cream, vanilla sugar and dark chocolate, pre-broken into pieces. Make a water bath: pour half the water into a large saucepan, and place the 2nd saucepan with the ingredients of the future mousse on top.
- Put the water bath on a medium heat and stir constantly. It is necessary that all components are completely dissolved and mixed into a homogeneous mass.
- As soon as this happens, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool so that it remains warm.
- Chicken eggs well break, separate yolks from proteins. In a deep bowl, beat the yolks and sugar with a blender. Mix cooled chocolate cream mass with yolks and mix everything.
- Take the remaining proteins add a whisper of salt (this will help make a lush and thick foam) and beat with a mixer until stable peaks form. Gradually, carefully and slowly add proteins to the mix.
- Stir everything to a smooth consistency. Spread the chocolate mousse in the ice-cream bowls, refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Chocolate mousse with orange notes
- Dark chocolate - 150 gr.
- Butter - 30 gr.
- Chicken egg - 4 pcs.
- Sugar - 50 gr.
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Beat the eggs by dividing the yolks with the whites. Then beat the yolks with most of the sugar until white. The main secret of a successful mousse is weightless and light bubbles.
- Make a water bath, put broken chocolate and butter in a saucepan. Stir constantly until you get a shiny and smooth mass. Remove the prepared mixture from the heat and very quickly mix the yolks with sugar into it. Beat everything well, rub the orange zest into a mousse. Make sure that only the orange layer is removed, and then squeeze the orange juice. Be sure to lightly salt the mousse.
- Now you need to beat the whites with a mixer, at the end you can add a little sugar to fix the volume. Then sprinkle the whites in chocolate with a spatula.
- Spread the future mousse on the ice-cream bowls or small cups, put a mint leaf on top. After 2-3 hours, the dessert will harden.
How to make a double chocolate mousse?
- Bitter chocolate - 250 gr.
- White chocolate - 250 gr.
- Milk cream, fat content 30 percent - 750 ml.
- Cognac - 1 glass
- Pistachios - 1 handful
- Take a deep bowl, put there pieces of black chocolate, pour half the cream. Melt the mixture in a water bath to dissolve the chocolate and form a glossy mass. Then add the half-glasses of cognac, mix thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- Repeat the operation with white chocolates.
- Cool both chocolate mixtures for 2-3 hours in the fridge so that the mixture thickens well.
- Remove from the refrigerator and whisk each part separately with a mixer, just like regular cream, for no more than 5 minutes, gradually increasing the speed. You should have a dense mass that rests on a spoon.
Chocolate Coffee Mousse Recipe
- Bitter or semi-sweet chocolate - 170 gr.
- Unsalted, butter - 170 gr.
- Black coffee - 60 ml.
- Yolk - 4 pcs.
- Protein - 4 pcs.
- Dark rum - 30 ml.
- Granulated sugar - 200 gr.
- Water - 1 tbsp. l
- Vanilla extract - 0.5 tsp.
- Put chocolate, butter and coffee in chopped glass into a deep glass bowl, mix everything thoroughly. Place the container with the ingredients in the water bath.
- Stir the chocolate and coffee mass until everything is homogeneous, remove from heat and set aside for a short while.
- In other glassware, put the yolks, 170 grams of sugar, rum and 1 tbsp. l water. Place the container in a water bath and beat vigorously for about 4 minutes until the mixture thickens and brightens.
- Then remove from heat and place in a large, prepared bowl of ice-cold water (ice water) and continue to whisk until the consistency of the batter. Add chocolate and coffee mass and combine everything again, stirring.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whites with a pinch of salt until a dense, white foam forms. Beat until necessary to hold the volume, add 1 tbsp. l Sahara. Continue whipping until glossy foam, pour in vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in first 1/3 of the protein in the chocolate-yolk mass, why the rest. Make sure that the mousse does not lose volume, for this mix gently and slowly.
- Pour the dessert into cups or glasses, refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set.
Chocolate mousse is a simple dessert, but during its preparation there are a number of secrets:
Chocolate mousse has an incredibly rich taste. Serve a simple, crunchy cookie to it to emphasize this.
In this dessert, you can use any kind of chocolate to your taste, but remember, if you prefer white chocolate, you should take it 10 percent more than black to achieve the desired thickness of the mixture.
Real gourmets give the mousse a flavor by adding liqueurs, brandy or just strong coffee.
Chocolate mousse must be prepared long before serving, for 5-6 hours, so that everything is solidly frozen.
Chocolate mousse is a good choice for any hostess. It combines the simplicity of cooking with a special delicacy of taste. You can prepare a dessert with any kind of chocolate, adding to taste brandy, liqueur, coffee, vanilla, etc.