Virtually every housewife has her own signature recipe for making a cake that is loved by all the household members. But we know that even a very tasty dessert eventually becomes boring. If you want to cook a new unusual delicacy, then take your cake recipe as a basis, and instead of the usual glaze, cover it with chocolate. Believe me, your dessert masterpiece will please everyone.
Today we will look at how chocolate icing is prepared for a chocolate cake.
How to melt chocolate: tips from experienced confectioners
So, we bring to your attention recipes chocolate coating. Let's start with the main thing: how to melt chocolate. This process is quite simple, the main thing is to follow some rules:
- be sure to break the chocolate bar into small pieces: the large ones can simply burn;
- the bottom of the bowl, where the chocolate is located, grease with a small piece of butter, which prevents sticking;
- you need to melt chocolate in a water bath: a steamer or just a saucepan with water can become an assistant;
- do not melt chocolate in boiling water, keep the average temperature;
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave, but this method requires great skill and often leads to failure, so it is better to give preference to the water bath.
Chocolate icing for cake: recipe
- dark chocolate - 100 g;
- condensed milk - 1 can (400 g);
- salt - pinch;
- vanilla sugar.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces.
- At the bottom of the bowl put a small piece of butter and cooked chocolate.
- Melt chocolate using the water bath method.
- Add condensed milk and a pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom on low heat, stirring continuously, cook the icing to the thickness.
- Remove from heat, add vanillin, pour glaze into another dish to complete the cooking process.
- Glaze let cool completely before applying to the culinary product.
The success of the chocolate icing for the cake will depend on the quality of the chocolate. Therefore, it is not worth saving here - we stop our choice on a quality product.
You can make chocolate fudge by replacing chocolate with cocoa.
- milk - 60 ml;
- butter - 50 g;
- cocoa - 2 tbsp. l .;
- icing sugar - 200 g
- Take a small container to reduce the risk of food sticking. Add powdered sugar to the milk. Stir.
- Heat the milk until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Remove the bowl with our mixture and leave to cool.
- Cocoa whip with butter.
- In cocoa and butter, gently pour in the cooled milk-sugar syrup and grind to a shiny homogeneous mass.
- Cover the cake with chocolate fudge until it freezes.
Classic chocolate glaze recipe
- chocolate - 100 g;
- water - 3 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 1 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 100 g
- Break open a chocolate bar into cubes.
- Pour hot water and melt the mixture in a water bath.
- In melted chocolate, first we introduce the softened butter, and then icing sugar.
- Rub the resulting mass until smooth.
Here is another very interesting recipe for chocolate icing with the addition of eggs.
Glossy Chocolate Fudge
- chocolate (preferably black) - 150 g;
- butter - 60 g;
- powdered sugar - 200 g;
- 1 egg.
- Melted chocolate and butter in a water bath.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Pour the icing sugar, and then beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Get a thick mass of coffee color that has a glossy shade.
- Fondant gently put on the cake while it is hot.
There is also a recipe for making a glaze that does not require brewing or melting. In the composition there is neither butter nor sour cream. This glaze hardens slowly and is applied at any convenient time of preparation.
Icing with starch
- potato starch - 1 tbsp. l .;
- cocoa - 3 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- water - 3 tbsp. l
- We pour powdered sugar, starch and cocoa into the bowl. We sift all the ingredients through a sieve, give it lightness.
- Add very cold water and mix everything thoroughly.
- That's it, chocolate icing is ready!
How to cover the cake with chocolate icing?
We often ask ourselves the question: “But how can you cover the cake with chocolate icing?”. After all, beautifully applied glaze will turn the most uncomplicated dessert into an original culinary product, add a touch of solemnity to our dish.
The main thing is to know and observe small subtleties in this simple process. Every housewife can learn this:
- ready chocolate icing to cool a little before applying;
- cooked chocolate icing is applied to the surface of the cake with a knife so that the coating is smooth;
- the knife must first be dipped in hot water;
- we begin to cover the cake with icing, smoothing it from the center to the edges - thus, its layer will be the same in thickness;
- with the remaining icing we will smear the edges of the cake or leave it naturally, artistically to drain.
Chocolate icing is not only beautiful and tasty. Thanks to her, baking longer retains freshness. Using our recipes and tips, you will be able to prepare such a simple and at the same time original decoration for dessert without the hassle and expense. Create your culinary masterpieces, make them unique and inimitable!