Cakes for cake baked, laid out and soaked in cream. The final touch is left - to give the confectionary a glossy shine, beauty, charm. This last component is often the icing. We will try to penetrate the secrets of the culinary specialists and find out how the chocolate icing for the cake turns out, which is well congealed.
Chocolate icing for cocoa cake, good freezing
- water - 180 ml;
- icing sugar - 230 g;
- cream 30% - 150 g;
- cocoa powder - 80 g;
- gelatin - 12 g
- Soak gelatin in cold water. It takes 25-30 minutes to completely swell the instant form of gelatin.
- In a deep metal bowl, sift sugar and cocoa through a sieve.
- Add fat cream. All carefully fray with a wooden spoon.
- We dissolve the resulting mixture with cooled boiled water.
- Put the container with the prepared ingredients on fire.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When the chocolate icing has reached the desired consistency, remove the bowl from the heat.
- Let's return to the already swollen gelatin. In a water bath, dissolve gelatin to full transparency and uniformity. A prerequisite: you can not bring the gelatin to a boil, it will lose its gelatinous properties!
- Return the cooked chocolate mass to the stove, again bring everything to the boil.
- Enter the cooled gelatin into the chocolate-cream mixture and mix everything thoroughly.
- A shiny, mirror-like and well-frozen chocolate glaze is ready.
- Cover the cake with chocolate icing when it reaches a temperature of 30 degrees.
Chocolate icing sugar powder
- water - 250 ml;
- powdered sugar - 300 g;
- glucose syrup - 300 g;
- condensed milk - 200 g;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- chocolate - 300 g
- Dissolve gelatin in 100 ml of water and leave to swell.
- Pour 150 ml of water into a small saucepan, add powdered sugar and glucose syrup.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove.
- Add condensed milk, dissolved gelatin and mix everything thoroughly.
- Dark chocolate chop into small pieces.
- Melt chocolate slices in a water bath.
- We will add the prepared mixture in portions to the melted chocolate, gently beating the mass with a blender.
- Otsuchennuyu chocolate icing tighten food film and put in the fridge all night.
- The next day, you need to heat the mass over low heat to a temperature of 32-33 degrees and cover it with a cake.
This is the perfect recipe for icing sugar powder. Confectionery, covered with such a culinary masterpiece, will be both beautiful and tasty.
Chocolate Mastic: Recipe
Now consider the recipe for chocolate mastic with honey, so that even at home it was possible to create original culinary masterpieces for the holiday.
- chocolate - 150 g;
- honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1 tbsp. l .;
- powdered sugar - 150 g.
- Melt chocolate in a water bath.
- Remove it from the heat and immediately add a tablespoon of water and honey.
- Mix the product mixture thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- In a deep bowl, sift icing sugar and lay out the chocolate mixture.
- Carefully knead the resulting mass.
- We shift the mixture to the work surface and manually knead, forming a clump of dough. You can grease your hands and the table with oil to knead well, stretch the mastic.
- The resulting lump we send to rest, placing it in a plastic bag without air. Keep mastic better in a cool dark place, but not in the refrigerator. It is advisable to give more time to lay out our preparation for jewelry.
- Before use, to get ductile material, mastic must be vigorously stretched with your hands, kneading like dough, stretching.
Cooked paste for this recipe is perfectly rolled, elastic, does not stick to hands. Having decorated the cake with such mastic, you can make sure that it looks perfect, it remains quite soft and very tasty.
When making chocolate glaze and mastic, you need to take into account certain rules. If you comply with them, then a positive result is guaranteed:
- For the preparation of mastic according to the recipe, which consists of white chocolate, suitable and liquid honey, and thick. For dark chocolate, we take liquid honey.
- Before melting the chocolate in a water bath, it must be broken into very small pieces. Ideal for making chocolate coating dark chocolate chips.
- Fill the cake with warm icing so that it can be evenly distributed over the surface.
- The icing, in which the ingredients are cocoa and butter, is glossy, shiny, and is suitable for decorating Prague cakes.
- Sugar powder and cocoa powder before cooking must be sifted through a sieve.
- The chocolate icing on the consistency should resemble thick sour cream. This icing will ideally cover the confection, will quickly harden, will not flow.
- It is better to take dark chocolate for making glaze, porous is not suitable.
- If you add some cocoa to chocolate, then the color of the glaze will become richer.
The beauty and benefits of glaze have long been known. Thanks to her, confectionery products preserve their freshness longer, they get flavor originality. But besides this, she still provides the culinary specialist with a field for the realization of her imagination and artistic talent. Good luck to you glaze and unique cakes!