How sometimes you want to diversify your daily diet and try some unusual and even exquisite dish! If you thought that for the preparation of exotic dishes you need expensive and delicious foods, then this is not the case.
Chicken in sweet and sour sauce in Chinese is an excellent confirmation of this. You can cook any poultry meat with an unusual and savory sauce. Do not be afraid to experiment and do not cease to amaze your household and guests.
Chicken in sweet and sour sauce in Chinese: features of the dish and options for its preparation
The name of the dish was due to the use of unusual sauces and a combination of various seasonings. As is known, it is the Chinese who prefer to season food with various spices, additives and sauces. Today you can cook chicken in Chinese without leaving your home cooker.
You can cook such a dish in a pan, in a slow cooker, oven, and microwave. Unsurpassed tastes receive poultry meat because of the richness of spices and sauces. Most often, experienced chefs and chefs of the world's leading restaurants use three types of sauces:
- sweet and sour;
Love spicy food with peppercorn? Then add more fresh ginger root, as well as curry or ketchup chilli seasoning. You can achieve a sweet-sour taste by adding honey, granulated sugar and table vinegar to the sauce. But the usual sour sauce is obtained by mixing tomatoes with vinegar. Some housewives prefer to cook a mustard-honey sauce or spicy sour cream.
In most culinary departments, the stalls abound in a variety of chicken sauces. If you do not want to spend time preparing the sauce, you can purchase any seasoning according to your taste preferences. By the way, experienced chefs love to combine cheese sauce with garlic. Such seasoning will make the taste of baked or fried chicken unique.
Chinese dish in Russian: recipe with photos
And if earlier this dish was delicious cuisine in Chinese restaurants, then you can arrange a small party at home today. In the classic version, chicken meat in sweet and sour sauce is cooked without adding fruit. But if you want your guests and households to be satisfied and not stint on praise, then add pineapples.
- chicken breast - 0.5 kg;
- potato starch - 2 tsp;
- chicken egg (protein) - 1 pc .;
- table salt - 0.5 tsp;
- sunflower oil;
- tomato paste or ketchup - 60 g;
- pineapple juice - 60 g;
- vinegar (preferably wine) - 60 g;
- granulated sugar (brown) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- canned pineapple - 300 g;
- onions - 1-2 pcs .;
- Bell pepper.
- Rinse the flesh of the chicken thoroughly and remove the film.
- Using paper towels, blot the fillet and allow it to dry for a bit, so that the glass has excess water.
- Cut the chicken into small portions.
- Put the chicken egg white in a separate container, add the table salt and potato table starch.
- Stir all ingredients until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- Put chopped chicken meat in a container with the mixture.
- Mix the chicken meat well with the marinade and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the stem and seeds from the sweet pepper. Peel the onions. Vegetables cut into small cubes.
- Take a separate container and pour the necessary amount of vinegar and pineapple juice into it. Mix everything. Then add ketchup or tomato paste, as well as brown sugar.
- Using a fork or whisk, mix all the ingredients so that the sauce is smooth and lump free.
- In a hot frying pan with a little sunflower oil, fry the chicken pieces.
- Cook chicken on both sides. To bring it to full readiness is not necessary.
- Fry chicken breast pieces in separate dishes.
- Put the sweet pepper and chopped onion into the frying pan and sauté the vegetables until ready.
- Add cooked sauce and chopped canned pineapple to vegetables. Mix everything well and bring the sauce with vegetables to a boil.
- Add the fried pieces of chicken meat to the pan.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Continue to fry the chicken in the sauce for five minutes. Then cover the pan or saucepan with a lid and simmer the chicken in a sweet-and-sour sauce for moderate heat over 15-20 minutes.
- After the specified time, set aside the pan or stew pan from the stove and let the chicken meat brew for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken in a sweet and sour sauce with any side dish.
Chicken with honey and soy sauce
Do not be surprised at such an interesting combination of components. Chicken, cooked in a sweet and sour sauce with a hint of honey, will now become your favorite dish. The peculiarity of this dish is the mandatory addition of soy sauce.
- chicken meat;
- Bell pepper;
- soy sauce - 2 tbsp. l .;
- fresh tomatoes;
- garlic cloves;
- liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- a mixture of peppers;
- sunflower oil.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin half-rings.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the pan or stewpot and start to fry the onion.
- Wash the flesh thoroughly and chop into oblong pieces.
- Add chicken fillet to the pan and continue to fry it with onions.
- Peel the peppers and chop them with oblong stripes.
- Fresh tomatoes cut into small portions.
- Add chopped vegetables to the pan and continue to simmer the chicken meat for 5-7 minutes.
- Then add liquid honey and the right amount of soy sauce.
- Crush garlic cloves under the press.
- Put chopped garlic cloves, turmeric and a mixture of peppers into a skillet or frying pan. Salt the dish.
- Continue to simmer the chicken meat in a sweet and sour sauce with the addition of honey under a closed lid for 5-7 minutes on moderate heat.
- Then leave the container off the stove and let the meat stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Chicken in a sweet and sour honey sauce can be served with any vegetable or cereal garnish.
Cooking delicious chicken in a slow cooker
The slow cooker is a wonderful helper in your kitchen. In a short time you can cook a culinary masterpiece for true gourmets.
- chicken's meat;
- ketchup or tomato sauce - 1 tbsp. l .;
- mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- sunflower oil;
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Prepare chicken meat.
- Pour some oil into the multicooker container and fry the chicken meat for 10 minutes. Use the program mode "Frying".
- Peel an apple and chop it into small cubes.
- Put the chopped apple into the multicooker container and fry for 10 minutes with the chicken meat.
- In a separate container, mix the soy and tomato sauce, liquid honey and mustard.
- Pour the sauce into the multicooker container, add salt, and then set the program mode "Quenching" or "Frying" for 40 minutes.
- Cook the chicken before the end of the program.
- Serve the chicken in a sweet and sour sauce to the table hot with a side dish.
Choose your favorite recipe and cook with pleasure. Thanks to your loved ones will be the best reward. Enjoy your meal!