Peking cabbage is considered a low-calorie vegetable. Many of us who keep a close eye on our weight use it to make various salads. If you try and connect the imagination, then the salad with Chinese cabbage can be turned into an exquisite cooking masterpiece.
As you understand, salads from Peking cabbage can be prepared according to various recipes. You can make a dietary meal or a tasty and nutritious salad with the addition of meat fillet or sausage products. In any case, before you start preparing such a salad, I would like to share with you some culinary secrets:
- Go with all responsibility to the choice of Peking cabbage. Vegetable should be fresh, without wilted or dark leaves.
- Before chopping, cabbage leaves are thoroughly washed with water, if necessary, you can slightly steam them.
- The upper layers of cabbage are always removed and thrown away.
- If in Beijing cabbage there are thick and tough veins, they must be cut off. It is better not to do it completely, because it is these veins that contain the most juice, which gives some piquancy and juiciness to the finished dish.
- For dressing salad use any sauce to taste. A classic option is table mayonnaise.
- A salad with Chinese cabbage without mayonnaise is prepared, as a rule, with the addition of refined vegetable oil or lemon juice.
- Beijing cabbage goes well with boiled, baked or smoked meat fillet, sausage products, shrimps and fish pulp.
- For variety and spicing up the ready-made salad, you can add pomegranate grains, chopped nut kernels, olives, pieces of cheese, canned sweetcorn and green peas.
- The original salad dressing will serve freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Salad can be laid out in layers, in this case, each of them should be thoroughly soaked with mayonnaise sauce.
- Chinese cabbage to taste perfectly harmonizes with pickled or fresh cucumbers, mushrooms, Korean-style carrots, potatoes and boiled eggs.
- If you are preparing a salad of sausage products, then choose the highest grade boiled or smoked sausage.
Culinary fight: preparing the salad "Russian Caesar"
A salad with Chinese cabbage and crackers with the original name "Russian Caesar" has gained wide popularity. The classic version of the salad was modified over time, and today it is prepared in a new way with the addition of Chinese cabbage, fresh tomatoes and an unusual mayonnaise savory sauce. Let's try?
- 0.3 kg boiled chicken fillet;
- Peking cabbage leaves;
- 50 g of crackers;
- 0.2 kg of hard cheese;
- 2-3 pieces tomatoes;
- garlic cloves;
- table mayonnaise for refueling;
- 1-2 tbsp. l lemon juice.
- Let's start cooking our salad sauce, so that it is properly infused.
- In a deep bowl lay out table mayonnaise, chopped garlic, lemon juice and chopped dill. All mix.
- We divide Beijing cabbage into leaves, wash them, and then chop them into straws.
- Boil chicken fillet until tender and chop finely.
- Put the chicken fillet and shredded cabbage into a deep salad bowl, add the crackers without food flavorings.
- Wash tomatoes and chop. It is best to use Cherry tomatoes.
- Add chopped tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- In the end, all seasoned with sauce and mix.
Skeptics believe that diet is a grueling test for the body. The man is constantly hungry, and his menu is monotonous and meager. The one who really adheres to a dietary ration or is a supporter of healthy nutrition, knows that there are many recipes of dishes, for example, salad from Chinese cabbage with chicken, which contain a minimum of calories and a maximum of benefit. Want to make a light dinner? Try making a salad with Chinese cabbage and chicken breast. To chicken fillet did not work dry, it must be properly cooked.
- 0.3 kg of Chinese cabbage;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 0.3 kg boiled chicken fillet;
- 1 bunch of onion feathers;
- 6 tbsp. l table mayonnaise;
- laurel leaf;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 4 things. boiled chicken eggs;
- a mixture of peppers.
- Chicken fillet thoroughly washed, and then remove the film from it.
- Put chicken fillet, peeled onion and carrot into a thick-walled pan. Add pepper-peas and laurel leaf, pour water.
- Boil chicken pulp, cool and cut into small pieces.
- Prepare Chinese cabbage, as described in the previous recipe, and chop.
- Green onion feathers cut into small rings.
- Cucumber well washed and shred thin straw.
- We put boiled eggs in a deep salad bowl, as well as chicken fillet, onion, Chinese cabbage and cucumbers, mix everything well.
- Season salad with mayonnaise sauce and serve to the table, decorated with greens or lettuce leaves.
When the guests suddenly descended ...
In this case, always keep in the refrigerator Chinese cabbage. She will help you out and help you make a salad in a matter of minutes. Sausage, cheese and cabbage are a great combination of ingredients and a quick snack cooking solution. You will see that it is a salad with Chinese cabbage and sausage that will become your family’s favorite dish. In a hurry, you can also make a salad with Chinese cabbage and tomatoes. The ideal dressing for such a snack will be vegetable oil or sour cream cheese sauce.
- 150 g Peking cabbage;
- 0.2 kg cooked sausage;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 cucumber;
- some hard cheese;
- soy sauce;
- any fresh greens;
- mayonnaise sauce and vegetable oil - to taste;
- salt-extra and a mixture of peppers.
- Pour refined vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat it.
- Meanwhile, clean the onion and chop it finely.
- We cut sausage into small equivalent cubes.
- Send onions to the pan and pass them.
- Then add sausage to the pan and fry with onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Peking cabbage shred and spread in a salad bowl.
- Liberally season the cabbage with soy sauce.
- According to the recipe, this salad should be flaky, so do not change the order of putting the ingredients.
- On top of the cabbage lay out sliced fresh tomatoes.
- Cucumber peel and cut into strips.
- Shredded cucumber spread on top of tomatoes.
- Next is browned onions with boiled sausage.
- Make a net of mayonnaise sauce, richly seasoning the top layer of lettuce.
- Grate cheese sprinkle our salad.
Only true gourmets know that the sweet taste of pineapple cloves harmoniously with meat and vegetables. If you do not know which salad to cook, take Chinese cabbage, chicken, pineapple and go to the kitchen.
- 0.3 kg boiled chicken fillet;
- 0.2 kg of canned pineapple slices;
- 1-2 pcs fresh cucumbers;
- 0.2 kg of Chinese cabbage;
- 150 g pickled mushrooms;
- mayonnaise sauce;
- a mixture of peppers and salt extras;
- 0.2 kg of hard cheese.
- Boil chicken fillet, cool, and then cut into small cubes.
- We take a large salad bowl and spread the chopped chicken meat into it.
- Wash cucumbers, peel and chop straws.
- Shredded cucumbers are sent to the salad bowl.
- Shred cabbage and lightly add it.
- Drain liquid from pickled mushrooms, cut them and send them to a salad bowl.
- Chop the cheese into cubes.
- All components, including pineapples, pour mayonnaise sauce and, if necessary, add a mixture of peppers.
- Mix the salad and serve to the table, decorated with greens, lettuce leaves or black olives.
As you can see, from such an ordinary vegetable ingredient as Chinese cabbage, you can make a delicious salad that will suit any gourmet. Thanks to its neutral taste, Chinese cabbage goes well with other vegetables, meat and fruits. Enjoy your meal!