Many housewives prefer to cook poultry as a meat dish. Most often we cook chicken, because the meat of this bird is very tender, low-calorie, healthy and tasty. There is a huge amount of chicken recipes. Meals with chicken are perfect for an ordinary dinner and for a momentous celebration. In order not to bother preparing a side dish for meat, you can bake a chicken with vegetables.
In this article you will learn how chicken with vegetables in the oven can be a delicious meat dish with a side dish.
Chicken baked with vegetables in the oven: cooking secrets
Before you start baking chicken with vegetables, familiarize yourself with the valuable tips of experienced chefs, and they will help you make a truly culinary masterpiece of poultry meat:
- You can choose any parts of the bird, but they need to be cut into portions.
- If you want to bake a chicken with potatoes, it is best to use the hips for this. It is this part of the bird that is very oily and, when baking, produces enough juice, which very well contributes to even roasting potatoes.
- For a festive table, choose a whole carcass and bake it without cutting it into portions. In this case, the vegetables must be laid out under the chicken so that they are well roasted.
- If you prefer to cook chicken breast, then it is best to combine it with juicy vegetables, for example, tomatoes, eggplants or zucchini.
- The chicken carcass can be stuffed with vegetables, but they need to be prepared beforehand, since they will remain raw inside the poultry, regardless of the baking time of the dish.
- If you and your household love onions, then it can be laid out in a separate thick layer. Juice, which will give onions, soak vegetables and give them a unique taste. Pre-onion can be marinated.
- To make the chicken with vegetables turned out juicy, you can add any sauce that you want to taste.
- Poultry meat is considered neutral, so when baking it with vegetables, you can add various seasonings and herbs.
- More juicy and tender poultry meat with vegetables will turn out when baking in a sleeve, and in a foil, on the contrary, the chicken can be dryish.
- To prevent the vegetables from baking from losing their original shape, they can be lightly fried in a pan.
Chicken with potatoes in cream sauce
Most often, housewives cook chicken with potatoes with sour cream sauce. Sour cream goes well with poultry meat, and it turns out very juicy, soft and tender. This recipe is ideal for baking whole chicken, and for cooking meat, pre-cut into portions.
- chicken (whole carcass or individual parts) - 1 kg;
- sour cream - 5-6 tbsp. l .;
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- salt, pepper mix and seasoning;
- Chicken meat should be thoroughly washed and dried. If you took a whole carcass, then you need to gut it and also wash it. Meat should be cut into portions.
- Put the sliced chicken meat in a separate dish and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream with spices and herbs (you can take basil or rosemary).
- Smear the chicken thoroughly with this cream sauce. The whole carcass is processed in the same sauce.
- Potatoes need to be peeled and cut. Too small it is better not to cut it. Small roots can be cut into four parts or cut into rings.
- Onions need to be peeled and cut into half rings. Pre half an hour onions can be marinated.
- The baking tray should be smeared with sunflower oil and put all layers: potatoes, onions, chicken meat. If you are baking the whole carcass, then the vegetables can be laid out around the chicken or under it.
- You need to bake in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 ° for at least 1 hour. Often, it takes an hour and a half to complete cooking.
The classic recipe for delicious meat with a side dish
Chicken, baked in the oven in foil with a vegetable garnish, will be a full meal or a festive dish. As a vegetable side dish is best to use potatoes and tomatoes. Chicken can be baked under a cheese crust or with the addition of mayonnaise. It all depends on your taste preferences.
- chicken meat - 0.5 kg;
- hard or processed cheese;
- salt, pepper, seasonings;
- At the initial stage, you need to prepare all the ingredients.
- The chicken is thoroughly washed and cut into portions. If you stick the femoral part, then you can bake it whole.
- Potatoes and onions need to be peeled and cut.
- Carrots should be peeled and cut into thin rings.
- Tomatoes can be pre-washed with boiling water, remove the skin and also cut into rings.
- Next, proceed to the cooking process. Take a piece of foil and brush lightly with sunflower oil.
- On the foil everything is laid out in layers: potatoes, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, chicken and carrots.
- At its discretion, each layer can be lightly smeared with mayonnaise or sauce.
- Carefully wrap the edges of the foil so that there are no holes. It should turn out envelope.
- You need to bake in the oven at a temperature of 180-200 °.
- After about half an hour, remove the chicken from the oven and gently unfold the foil.
- On top of the chicken sprinkled with grated cheese and chopped garlic.
- Without closing the edges of the foil, send the chicken to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- The finished dish can be decorated with greenery.
Bake juicy chicken with mixed vegetables in the package
Cook chicken with vegetables can be in the oven using a baking sleeve. Meat and vegetables are stewed in their own juice, so the dish is very tender, juicy and tasty.
To prepare such a dish is quite simple. You can use the ingredients as for baking chicken in foil. Previously, all the components can be mixed in a separate bowl and season with sauce.
Take a baking sleeve and place the prepared food in it. Pinch the edges with special clips and send to the oven for about 1 hour. To make the chicken brown, 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking, the sleeve from above can be cut.
Original ways of baking chicken in the oven
Potatoes are considered a traditional chicken side dish. If you want to surprise your guests or pamper the household, then bake the chicken with other vegetables and even fruit. Among them are:
- various cereals (but first they need to boil);
- Marjoram Basilica (or saffron);
- various sauces, etc.
From a variety of different recipes for baking chicken in the oven with a vegetable garnish, you can choose the right one for you. To make the dish tasty, juicy and well roasted, be sure to consider the advice of experienced chefs in the cooking process. Do not be afraid to experiment. Chicken is a neutral meat, so with it you can combine a variety of spices and herbs. Enjoy your meal!