Rarely festive table dispenses with chicken meat. What kind of dishes do not come up with hospitable hostesses to surprise their household. We bring to your attention an original and unusual recipe: chicken on the pot in the oven.
How to cook chicken on the pot in the oven: cooking tips
Despite the fact that the chicken on the bank is considered a festive dish, the recipes for its preparation are simple and straightforward. Nevertheless, there are certain features that must be considered in order not to spoil the taste of the dish:
- The chicken carcass should be placed only on resistant and strong containers, for example, on beer or coffee cans, a glass bottle;
- the container must be at room temperature and filled with 1/3 volume liquid;
- on a baking sheet or the bottom of the form, you need to pour a little water or sprinkle it generously with salt - these simple actions will save you from an unpleasant smell of burning and smoke;
- if the chicken is marinated in advance, the meat will be more tender and juicy.
Cooking delicious marinade for chicken
Marinated chicken cooks much faster, it turns out to be more ruddy and fragrant. Cooking marinade is not difficult if you follow the suggested recipes.
Lemon and Garlic Recipe
- 225 ml of olive oil;
- 1 juicy lemon;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper;
- ½ tsp paprika.
- In a small bowl, beat the paprika, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper for about 30 seconds.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour the marinade.
- Store in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Marinade "Creamy Maple"
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 2 small bulbs;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 150 ml of dry white wine;
- 125 ml of maple syrup;
- 60 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tsp. dry mustard;
- ½ tsp salts;
- ½ tsp pepper;
- 75 ml spicy mustard;
- 3 tbsp. l butter.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add onions, garlic and, stirring often, cook for about 2 minutes, until the vegetables are golden in color and have a spicy flavor.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 min.
- Now you need to add maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Bring also to a boil and boil until syrupy (about 3 minutes).
- Add hot mustard and butter, stir. Cool, spread the chicken carcass and marinate for 2-3 hours.
This marinade is perfect as a sauce for the finished chicken.
Apple Marinade Recipe
- 175 ml of fresh apple juice;
- 30 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 4 bulbs;
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs or ½ tsp. dried;
- 1 tsp. allspice;
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard;
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the chicken in a bowl with high sides and pour the marinade.
- Cover tightly with cling film and marinate the bird in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours.
Chicken, baked with potatoes: a recipe with photos
- 2.2 kg chicken carcass;
- ½ tbsp. mayonnaise or sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. l salts;
- ½ tsp paprika;
- 1 tsp. coriander;
- pinch of cumin;
- ¼ tsp black pepper;
- 7 pieces garlic cloves;
- 1/3 onion;
- 1 PC. bay leaf;
- ½ lemon.
- Chicken need to wash and remove excess giblets. Chop garlic, mix with spices and mayonnaise.
- Evenly grease the chicken from above, inside and under the skin with mayonnaise mixture and leave to marinate overnight.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the onion and lemon into half rings and fill the bottle or jar with them, and then add the bay leaf.
- Grease the baking dish with olive oil. Place a jar or bottle in the center and fill it with hot water.
- Potatoes need to be washed, cut into halves. Add spices and mayonnaise.
- The chicken must be strung on a container. Put the prepared potatoes around.
- Roast chicken on the pot in the oven should be for 1 hour. Then carefully remove it from the jar and put it on the dish.
Chicken on a can of beer
- 1 chicken weighing about 2.2 kg;
- 1 high can of beer;
- 2 tbsp. l brown sugar;
- 1 ½ tsp salts;
- 1 ½ tsp pepper;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- ½ tsp onion powder;
- 2 tbsp. l melted butter;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 2 pcs. lime
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Place a jar of beer filled ¼ in the center of the baking sheet or baking dish. Sprinkle the bottom generously with salt so that the fat from the chicken does not burn when baking.
- The chicken should be rinsed under running water. Remove all excess giblets and entrails. To remove unnecessary part of moisture, the carcass must be blotted with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
- Add softened butter and stir until the consistency is smooth.
- Gently need to lift the skin off the chicken breast and rub the spice mixture over the breast and thighs, if possible to get to them.
- Cut the lime into thin rings and paste them under the skin of the chicken.
- The chicken should be strung on a jar of beer, and then rub it on top with olive oil and a mixture of spices. Insert a piece of lime into the hole of the chicken head.
- Send the chicken to the oven and cook for 1-1.5 hours.
- Carefully remove the finished chicken from the jar and let it "rest" for 20 minutes.
- Cut the chicken with kitchen scissors into portions and place on a large platter. Serve with lime rings.
Try to cook the dish according to one of the suggested chicken recipes on the pot in the oven. Crisp ruddy crust, fragrant smells and tender meat will not leave anyone indifferent. Enjoy your meal!