Chicken and potatoes - what could be easier? Chicken meat is cheap and healthy, and potatoes are satisfying. The perfect culinary duo! At the same time cooking does not require great skill and long standing near the stove. If desired, even a man will cook chicken drumsticks with potatoes in the oven. And you can put on the festive table!
Chicken drumsticks baked with potatoes in the oven, thighs or whole chicken legs are a versatile dish. On the one hand, it is ordinary and not burdensome, but on the other hand, it is appropriate on a festive table. Yes, in the frame of other snacks, but always in the center!
The secret of this dish is simple. Chicken when cooking gives juice, which absorbs potatoes. And that, in turn, gives the chicken meat its wonderful flavor and makes the dish nourishing. The effect is multiplied by the sauce, marinade, as well as various additional ingredients.
In the festive version of the dish can be complemented by more exquisite details. But even the most ordinary chicken drumsticks with potatoes in the oven is a “belly feast" for the whole family.
Chicken thighs with potatoes in the oven in mustard-tomato sauce
- 4 chicken thighs;
- 4 medium sized potatoes;
- 2 tbsp. l ketchup;
- 2 tbsp. l mustard;
- 1 tsp. sugar, better than brown;
- 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
- 40 g butter;
- salt, pepper, paprika, dry garlic - to taste.
- Cut the butter into pieces and spread them in a frying pan. One of them to grease cold pan.
- Rinse the chicken thighs well under running cold water.
- Lay them on the pieces of oil skin down.
- Sprinkle chicken meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other seasonings to your taste.
- Sprinkle with apple cider vinegar and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Spread mustard evenly. Smearing it on the surface of the meat is optional. Convenient to do it right from the bottle.
- Likewise distribute ketchup.
- Wash well with sponge potatoes. Cut into large circles and lay on top of chicken. You can once again coat with ketchup.
- Heat the oven to 350º. Wrap the pan with the contents in foil and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully remove the foil. Caution! Do not burn your own steam!
- Using broad meat tongs, remove the thighs.
- Mix the potatoes and top them with the chicken skin. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Frying pan again in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Temperature set 180C.
- Bake to a beautiful ruddy. Serve hot.
Chicken drumsticks in the oven with mayonnaise and garlic in the sleeve
- 8 chicken drumsticks;
- 1 kg of medium-sized potatoes;
- 80 g of mayonnaise;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper, other seasonings.
- 0.5 kg of frozen green peas with broccoli;
- 2 tbsp. l cream of small fat content (optional).
- Peeled potatoes (whole) and chicken drumsticks are well washed with running water and put in a deep bowl.
- We salt, we pepper, we add seasonings.
- Mayonnaise mix in a separate bowl with garlic.
- Add mayonnaise to meat and potatoes, mix well and leave for 20-30 minutes. You can put in the cold.
- We cut off a culinary sleeve 50-60 cm long. On one side, fasten the clamp well. We shift meat and potatoes to the sleeve. Close the clip from the other end, trying to squeeze out as much air as possible from the sleeve.
- Grease a baking tray with butter and put a sleeve on it. We shift with caution.
- We bake at 250С. In the process of baking, you can turn it over once or twice for better impregnation with the released juices. But this should be done very carefully. If the bag is very sulky, it can be pierced from the side.
- Broccoli and green peas, we add salt and fry in a pan. If there is cream, add them at the end and warm up well.
- After 30 minutes, we completely cut the sleeve over the top, open the chicken and potatoes and keep for another 15 minutes in the oven to browning. Heating is not necessary to reduce.
- Served with a green side dish.
Chicken with potatoes in the oven "Holiday"
- 6 small chicken legs;
- 1 kg of small flat potatoes;
- 1 tbsp. prunes;
- 4 tbsp. l thick soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. l honey;
- 2 large onions;
- 1 tbsp. l balsamic vinegar;
- salt to taste;
- Rinse the chicken legs and dry well with a paper or cloth towel. You can use a hair dryer.
- Peel potatoes and dry them to the maximum.
- Rinse prunes well with hot water. If there are bones, they need to be removed.
- Mix soya sauce with melted honey in a bowl, add balsamic vinegar.
- Lay the potatoes and chicken legs in a deep bowl. Pour over the honey-soy mixture. Mix well and leave for 1 hour.
- Add onions, cut into half rings not across, but along the onion. The bottom of the vegetable from the root side can not be cut deep. Then you should have a small onion "faith."
- Add prunes whole.
- For roasting in the oven, use a small deep form - the marinated juice that has been released does not spread throughout the pan. And then the chicken legs with potatoes in the oven will be half baked and half stewed in a sweet and sour sauce.
Lubricate this form with oil and put all the ingredients from the bowl into it.
- We bake at 220C. Periodically mix very carefully. We make sure that when turning the potatoes do not fall apart. Otherwise the dish will lose its festive look.
- Serve immediately, sprinkle with herbs already when serving. You can add glazed carrots as an additional side dish.
What else can you think of?
You can think of many options for roasting chicken legs with potatoes. You can make different sauces using mustard, tomato paste, adjika, mayonnaise, soy or pomegranate sauce. If the sauce is not used at all, a sliced lemon gives a good result.
Eggplants, bell peppers or mushrooms will add a new flavor to the dish.
Small drumsticks or thighs can be baked with potatoes in portion pots.
The duet of chicken with potatoes is a magic wand of the savvy hostess. When there is no strength, or even laziness, to stand at the stove, when financial circumstances limit, when guests reported their arrival in an hour ... Always keep a package of "chicken parts" in reserve. And no circumstances and guests will take you by surprise!