Eastern cuisine is increasingly winning love in Europe, and not only in fast food restaurants you can meet its dishes, but also in restaurants. However, most of the recipes created by the peoples of the Caucasus, suitable for cooking on the street, as a result, they are often guided by the menu for lunch or dinner in the open air. Among these dishes there is also a meat cradle kebab, "related" with kebabs.
What is its feature, and how to cook it yourself?
In Arabic, the phrase so strange for Russian hearing means "grilled meat in the form of a pipe", which is not far from the truth. Visually, the dish really looks like either a tube, or just a short baguette. The main component of lula kebab is minced meat, usually turned into minced meat, but simple thorough grinding in a blender is allowed. At the same time, its structure differs from that assumed for meatballs, ravioli, and other products based on minced meat. The middle is always more dense, consists of larger elements than the rest of the tube, since it must be strung on a skewer. But not only this is the trick of this dish - professionals say that kebab meat is kneaded for a very, very long time, before the appearance of protein, which will be a strong binding element. Therefore, be prepared for the fact that you have to really try and spend a lot of time.
- In the original recipe for lyulya kebab there is lamb, as well as onions: these ingredients are enough to prepare dense meat tubes with a high level of skill of the cook. However, later modifications based on beef, pork or mixed minced meat appeared. And to reduce the energy value they take a bird: a turkey, a chicken. The calorie content of a chicken kebab without an egg is only 163 kcal per 100 g, but this varies depending on the ingredients, so it can go down to 69 kcal and rise to 253 kcal.
- An important point in the preparation of this dish is, of course, its basis: professionals advise not to buy ready-made minced meat, since it will spoil the form instantly due to its subsidence. Spend a little time and cut the chicken fillet with a knife, and after using a cleaver, chop about 2/3 of its volume into minced meat.
- Juicia lyulya kebab from chicken - a question that worries every hostess. In itself, this meat is rather dry, and when baked without additional fat, it turns into crunchy balls rather than soft tubes. To preserve the tenderness of the consistency, add butter to the mince - only 10-15 g is enough for 0.5 kg of fillet, which does not harm your body, but will have a positive effect on the taste of the dish.
According to the classic recipe, lyulya cooks on the grill, like kebabs, through the use of hot coals: there should be no flame. At home, it can be made in the oven, if desired, also strung shaped sausages on wooden skewers.
The classic recipe for chicken kebab on the grill
The traditional ingredients of this dish are minced beef and black pepper, as well as salt. This is a rare recipe of the peoples of the Caucasus, in which very few spices. You can stick to this set of ingredients, or you can expand it by adding cumin, red pepper and dry (or chopped) garlic for spice. If there are problems with the formation of minced meat, it introduces a little bread crumbs and flour. The volume of each component specified below allows you to cook Lyula kebab for 3-4 people. Calorie - 177 kcal per 100 g
- Chicken fillet - 700 g
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 15 g
- Bread (crumb) - 35 g
- 3-4 pieces of garlic (cloves)
- Pepper black and red, salt to taste
- If you use wooden skewers, put them in a bowl with cold water for 60-90 minutes to prepare for further work. Such a course will prevent the sticking of meat to the tree, as well as burning their open ends. Metal in such actions do not need.
- Rinse the chicken fillet, cut into 1 * 1 cm pieces, select 2/3 of them, chop this part with meat cleaver. Combine with melted butter (do not drown it!), Salt and pepper. Pour the cumin and chopped garlic cloves, shredded onions, torn fine bread crumb.
- Begin to mix all the ingredients with your hands, actively crushing them, so that the mass acquires as even structure as possible and becomes plastic. You can leave it for 15-20 minutes. So that the spices have time to soak the meat.
- After this, moisten the palms in cold salted water, once again crush the meat ball and divide it into equal shares, immediately rolling into balls the size of a large mandarin. Slightly flatten them and put them on the skewer through the center, twisting it, then give the final sausage shape.
When frying lula kebab on the grill, do not forget to constantly turn it to evenly work through all its zones. The dish can be served to the table when a reddish-brown crust forms on its surface.
Cooking kebab in the oven
In the cold season it is easier to cook lula kebab not on an open fire, but at home, for which the oven is ideal. Here, as already mentioned, it is also possible to string decorated sausages on a skewer, but just baking on a baking sheet or lattice is not worse, which is preferable. From the number of components specified below, 3-4 servings will be obtained, the caloric value per 100 g will be 124 kcal.
- Skinless chicken fillet - 800 g
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Salt and ground pepper - to taste
- Hard cheese - 70 g
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Chop the onion with a knife, cut the fillet into cubes and grind with an additional cleaver (completely). Add salt, pepper and oregano, mix, leave in a container. Cover with a plate and add a press, leave for 20-30 minutes. for pickling.
- Beat the egg, mix with the grated cheese, add this mixture to the stuffing. Knead by hand and, wetting them in cold water, make large balls, subsequently rolled into thick sausages.
- In the oven heated to 180 degrees, put a baking sheet with water, arrange the grid on top and put sausages on it. In 10 minutes. raise the temperature to 200 degrees (if forced convection is not included), turn the kebab over and leave for another 15 minutes. The baking time depends on the size of the products and the quality of the meat.
Serving a dish, respectively, kebabs - laying in a separate large plate of a hill, often left on skewers. Traditionally, it is served with pita bread and green onions, but you can make a fresh side dish of any vegetables.