Chicken in a roasting bag in the oven is considered a very popular recipe among hostesses. That's because in this way you can quickly and easily cook a juicy and delicious chicken, even without special skills in the culinary arts. Let's look at the best recipes for this dish.
How to cook chicken in a package for roasting: cooking tips
There are many options and tips on how to cook chicken in a baking package. It can be combined with various fruits or vegetables, as well as with cereals, baking it all together with meat.
Experienced cooks know many secrets of this dish, and they gladly share them with us:
- To check the readiness of the meat, simply pierce the carcass with a regular toothpick or a pointed match near the thigh. After that, a little liquid will flow out: if it is transparent, then the meat is ready.
- Before baking the chicken, it should be marinated for at least half an hour in spices, and preferably for the whole night. This will make the meat more succulent. If the marinade has a thick consistency, then the carcass is marinated just in the sleeve itself.
- During baking, keep in mind that there will be no crust on the meat. For it to appear, it should be 20 minutes before the dish is fully prepared to slightly incise the sleeve. Then the chicken will gain an appetizing crust, retaining its tenderness and juiciness.
- Before you put the chicken in the oven, you need to make a couple of small punctures in the package for roasting. It happens that manufacturers provide these holes, placing them along the seam, so you just need to carefully read the instructions on the package. Sleeves with a similar perforation should be stitched up.
- Do not exceed the maximum temperature threshold of your oven, although baking bags can withstand very high temperatures.
The bags are great for baking stuffed chicken, because the meat is always very tender and juicy, and the filling is perfectly baked. For the filling, you can use oranges, apples, mushrooms, boiled cereals, potatoes or a mixture of different vegetables. When planning a big meal, prepare the chicken with the necessary products in advance, and then put everything in the sleeve, leaving it in the fridge before the guests arrive.
The recipe for cooking chicken in a roasting bag in the oven
- 1 chicken;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 1 tsp. curry;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 100 g butter.
- First you need to prepare all the ingredients.
- Cut the lemon into half rings.
- Crush the garlic.
- Prepare the sauce: to do this, melt the butter, add the garlic, curry, salt and mix everything well.
- Now you need to stuff the chicken with lemon slices, tie its legs with a string. Then rub it with sauce and put it in a baking bag.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and place the chicken in it for about an hour and a half.
- Cut the bag for 15 minutes until ready.
- After the allotted time our dish is ready!
Chicken in a baking bag cooked in a slow cooker
Apples perfectly complement the chicken and make the dish more festive. It is known that the most weak point of a chicken baked in a multicooker is considered too dry breast. Sometimes the hips are still being prepared, and the brisket has already dried up. To solve this problem, you can use a special package.
When chicken is cooked in a multicooker baking bag, the liquid remains inside, which adds tenderness and juiciness to the meat. The juice that remains in the sleeve is often used to make the sauce.
- 4 apples;
- 2 onions;
- spices, pepper, salt.
- Cut the onion in half rings, garlic - plates.
- Cut apples into pieces, remove all seeds.
- The chicken should be washed and dried, rubbed with spices, pepper and salt inside and out.
- Now you have to stuff the chicken with apples and onions. Sew the incision or secure with toothpicks.
- Make a couple of cuts in the skin and insert the garlic inside.
- Place the chicken in the baking bag, securing the ends well.
- Place the bag of chicken in the multicooker bowl and close the lid. Cooking an hour in the mode "Baking".
- Serve the dish with fresh vegetables and apples.
Chicken with potatoes in a baking bag
The chicken baked in this recipe is very juicy and tasty. You can add potatoes with other vegetables or use it only. By preparing chicken in this way, you will simultaneously receive both the main course and a side dish.
For cooking chicken with potatoes in a baking package, you need the same ingredients as in the first recipe, the only thing you need to add potatoes.
- Vegetables must be well washed and peeled, and then cut them large enough.
- Very often, the sauce for this dish is made on a smetan basis. It is mixed with all the vegetables and spread the resulting mass under the chicken and on it.
- Next, put the chicken and potatoes in a bag and bake in the oven.
- This dish is cooked a little longer, about an hour and a half, at a temperature threshold of 200 degrees. However, the size of the chicken itself affects the cooking time: if it is large, then it will have to be cooked a little longer.
Benefits of roasting chicken in the sleeve:
- the chicken that is cooked in a roasting bag is obtained dietary and has just great taste;
- dishes baked in the sleeve do not stick, as is often the case on a baking sheet;
- baking bag is absolutely harmless, because its manufacture uses specialized food material;
- all packages are sealed, so the products are prepared in their own juice;
- chicken in the package is baked better and faster than in foil, and it turns out very fragrant and tender;
- An important advantage is the lack of need to wash the baking sheet or form after cooking, because the dishes and the oven will remain clean.
Of course, there are many different ways to cook chicken in a baking bag. You can independently bring something new to the recipes and feel free to fantasize. The main thing is to understand the general principle of roasting meat in the sleeve.