Chicken hearts are an extremely useful by-product: rich in vitamins of group B, as well as niacin acid and retinol, containing phosphorus, copper, and zinc, rich in protein and amino acids. They are great for diet, because 100 g of the product "weighs" only 160 kcal.
They are recommended to patients after surgery and severe infections, as recovery from physical exertion.
And the most useful dish based on them, of course, soup.
Traditional chicken hearts soup: recipe with photos
A dish prepared according to this algorithm is obtained very satisfying due to the combination of potatoes and cereals, and the greens and passaged vegetables impart a refined taste and an unusual aroma.
- Chicken Hearts - 600 g
- Millet - 100 g
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Large carrots - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Parsley - bunch
- Onion greens - a bunch
- Bay leaf, salt, pepper - to taste
- Butter - 10 g
- Rinse the chicken hearts in 2 waters, let the excess moisture drain, then clean them from the films and cut them in half. Pour into a large saucepan, cover with cold water (about 3.5-4 liters), then bring to a boil and add salt. Remove the foam from the surface, add the black peppercorns and bay leaf. Having set the power of the burner to an average level, boil the hearts under the lid for 40 minutes.
- At this time, prepare the rest of the ingredients: soak the millet in a small bowl, fill it with cold water. Peel and chop the onion in half rings and carrot into strips. Heat the butter in a deep frying pan (there should be no smoke from the surface), pass over the onions for 1.5 minutes, then add the carrots. Fry for 3-4 minutes. over medium heat.
- Rinse and peel the potatoes, cut into large cubes. Rinse the soaked millet in a colander, leave over a large cup to glass the water.
- Pour fried onions and carrots into the pan, then potatoes and millet. Cover and cook for another 30-35 minutes.
- 10 min. before the end of cooking the soup, rinse and dry the greens with paper towels, chop with a knife and put into the pan. After turning off the burner, leave it for another 5-7 minutes to infuse the dish.
Ready soup is recommended to serve with sour cream dried slices of rye bread, or with small crackers.
Delicious and quick soup with offal in a slow cooker
It is a slow cooker that can pretty save time for a hostess, therefore, in today's crazy rhythm of life, it becomes a frequent and welcome assistant in the kitchen. Hot dishes in it are the tastiest of all: cereals, soups, stews. Chicken soup with hearts is no exception: just download all the ingredients, set the desired mode, and after the timer signal, enjoy a fragrant dish.
- Chicken Hearts - 500 g
- Sweet peppers - 2 pcs.
- Bulb onion - 1 pc.
- Noodles - 50 g
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Large tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Condiments to taste
- Greens - a bunch
- Butter - 5 g
- Soak the hearts in cold water for 30 minutes. Peel and chop the onion, warm the butter in the pan and pass the onion in it for 1 minute. After that, add the broken noodles there (it is recommended to use rice) or a very fine thin noodles, fry for another 2-3 minutes. Due to the fact that it was dry and was subjected to fast frying, it will not stick together during cooking, and will also acquire onion flavor.
- Chop the peppers, chop the garlic clove, chop the tomatoes into cubes. Pour boiled warm water in the volume of 3 l into the multicooker bowl, add salt, throw vegetables there, as well as peeled films and cut hearts. Set the mode "Soup" and wait 10-15 minutes.
- After that, add fried onions and noodles, as well as spices, continue cooking in the same mode with the lid closed for 25-30 minutes.
Before serving the soup to the table, chop the greens and sprinkle it with a hot dish.
How to cook pickle with chicken hearts?
Rassolnik, as can be understood from the name of the dish, is a hot soup in meat or fish broth, in which salted cucumbers are necessarily present. Strictly speaking, the remaining components are completely unregulated, so you can, like nothing more to put in the pan, so make the dish very rich in ingredients.
- Chicken Hearts - 400 g
- Medium-sized pickled cucumbers - 4 pcs.
- Pearl barley - 50 g
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Spices, greens - to taste
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp.
- Soak the chicken hearts in cold water before throwing them into the pan: the approximate soaking time is 20-30 minutes. Add salt to boiled water, cover the pot with a lid and boil hearts for 40 minutes.
- Wash the pearl barley in 3 waters, leave in a colander to dry. Peel carrots and potatoes, cut into small pieces. Cucumbers divided into long quarters.
- Throw the vegetables into the pan after the specified time, add pearl barley with them. Add spices after 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to minimum, leaving the soup to stew for another 10-15 minutes. Professionals advise for this short period of time to rearrange the pan in a hot (120 degrees) oven.
It is recommended to serve the dish with fresh chopped greens and sour cream, however, these additions can not be laid in a common plate, but offered in separate bowls.
If you do not count every calorie, you can fry chicken hearts in butter before cooking and even stew with tomato paste or herbs: this will give them an interesting taste and aroma. Enjoy your meal!