Shish kebab has already become a traditional holiday table dish. And this is not surprising, because what could be more delicious than fried juicy meat with a golden crust? There are many recipes for kebabs: it is made from pork, lamb, chicken and turkey. Quite original and delicious taste is barbecue made from chicken hearts, the recipes of which we are going to consider today.
How to cook chicken hearts kebab: cooking tips
Whatever your choice of cooking method, chicken hearts are always tender and soft. To spoil this dish is almost impossible. The main secret of delicious chicken heart skewers is the correct preliminary processing.
Also when cooking this dish you need to pay attention to such subtleties:
- both chilled and frozen chicken hearts are suitable for kebabs - this does not affect the taste of the dish;
- if you take frozen hearts, you need to defrost them in the refrigerator on the lower shelf, but in no case in a microwave oven;
- Hearts before cooking should be cleaned from the film and blood clots, and then thoroughly washed and dried;
- if you adhere to dietary food, then cook the skewers in the oven - so it will be less high-calorie;
- Chicken hearts must be marinated for at least 1.5-2 hours.
Cooking chicken skewers on the grill
- chicken hearts - 1 kg;
- lemon (can be replaced with pomegranate) - 1 pc .;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- mineral water (carbonated) - 1 tbsp .;
- light beer - 1 tbsp. (optional);
- a mixture of peppers;
- Hearts need to first prepare: clean, wash and dry. They should be cleaned thoroughly, otherwise you can spoil the taste of the kebab.
- Onions should be finely chopped and mixed with chicken hearts.
- Now you should squeeze the juice from lemon or pomegranate and pour it to the hearts with onions. Add beer, mineral water and mustard, salt and pepper. Mix everything well and leave to marinate for at least two hours.
- After the allotted time, we take the skewers, string the chicken hearts and lay them on the brazier.
- When hearts are covered with a golden crust, they can be removed.
- Skewers need to sprinkle with greens and serve to the table.
Have a picnic at home
If the weather is not conducive to cooking kebabs on the fire, you can roast it in the oven. Believe me, chicken hearts will turn out no less tasty than fried on the grill.
- 1 kg of chicken hearts;
- 2-4 Art. l soy sauce;
- 1 tbsp. l honey;
- 2 tbsp. l vinegar;
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- First of all we make marinade. To do this, mix vinegar, honey and soy sauce.
- Received marinade pour pre-cleaned hearts and send them to the fridge for 2 hours.
- The oven should be heated to 180 degrees and put a small container with water at the bottom so that our kebab does not burn.
- Hearts need to be strung on skewers and put in the oven on a wire rack. Make sure the grill is installed somewhere in the middle of the oven.
- Shish kebab on average about 20 minutes. As soon as the hearts are covered with a golden crust, the oven needs to be turned off and the kebab removed.
Skewers in a pan
Quick and easy, you can fry chicken heart skewers in a pan. When cooking in this way, choose medium-sized skewers to fit into the pan.
- chicken hearts - 1 kg;
- soy sauce - 50 ml;
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l .;
- oil (it is better to take olive oil);
- salt, pepper mixture.
- Prepare a pre-hearts already known to us.
- Now you need to make a marinade: mix soy sauce with olive oil and season with spices.
- Chicken hearts pour marinade and put in the fridge for 1.5-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and lay hearts on skewers. It is necessary to fry on both sides until readiness under the lid closed. As a rule, each side is fried 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with greens.
Japanese recipe for chicken hearts shashlik
If you are a connoisseur of Japanese cuisine, the recipe for making chicken hearts shish kebab with Teriyaki sauce will be most welcome.
- chicken hearts - 350 g;
- soy sauce - 100 ml;
- white wine (dessert) - 200 ml;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 1 tbsp. l .;
- refined oil.
- Prepare Teriyaki marinade: mix flour, sugar, wine, soy sauce in a saucepan and set on fire. We need to wait until the sauce boils, and then boil it for about 10 minutes. The main thing, stir the sauce all the time so that it does not burn.
- Fried and washed hearts are fried in a frying pan until a golden crust forms, and then removed from the heat.
- Sprinkle hearts with flour and mix well.
- String chicken hearts on small skewers and carefully lay out in a boiling sauce.
- In the sauce, hearts need to simmer for 10 minutes on low heat and stir all the time. The dish will be ready when the sauce will cover the hearts with a crust.
Chicken hearts kebabs have a lot of recipes. It can be fried both in aerogrill and in a shashlik dish. The choice of marinade depends on your taste preferences. It is believed that chicken hearts are best combined with soy sauce, but no less tasty barbecue, marinated in sour cream and mayonnaise. Experiment and don't be afraid to add something new to the recipes. Enjoy your meal!