Chicken legs or legs - after the breasts are the most "meat" parts of the bird. Therefore, they are often used for hot main dishes and soups. It is possible to bake a chicken drumstick in the oven either solo, having invented an unusual marinade for it, or with any vegetables or even fruits. In addition, if you take a bone out of it, you can stuff it or dress it in a “coat” of dough.
Stuffed chicken drumstick baked in the oven
The tenderest meat is always obtained in a baking package, since it maintains high humidity. And even if you do not pickle chicken, do not add extra fat to it (after all, lean meat), do not put zucchini, apples or pumpkin, it will not be overdried at the output anyway. At the same time, even such meat can always be reddened, if necessary.
- Chicken drumstick - 7-8 pcs.
- Ceps - 300 g
- Balsamic vinegar - 20 ml
- Table red wine - 20 ml
- Cauliflower (inflorescence) - 8-10 pcs.
- Adjika - 120 ml
- Bread crumbs - 2 tbsp.
- Turmeric - 1 tsp.
- Parsley - 1 bunch
- Salt - Pinch
- Soak chicken drumstick in water, make a longitudinal cut and remove the bone. Pour balsamic vinegar and wine, leave for 60 minutes.
- After the specified time, cauliflower inflorescences are laid in the resulting space, rub the surface of the yas with turmeric, salt and adzhika. Let the chicken drumstick lie on the grill for another 30-40 minutes, then roll it in breadcrumbs, creating a very thin layer of them.
- Wash mushrooms, cut them in half, and process adzhika residues. All the ingredients, together with a torn bunch of parsley, put in a sleeve for baking, put it on a baking sheet, send in a hot (160 degrees) oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the power of the oven should be increased to 180 degrees; set the timer to 25 minutes. After that, the meat and mushrooms are transferred from the sleeve to the baking sheet, where for the next 15-20 minutes. acquire a golden crust. Serve recommended with buns of parsley and mashed potatoes.
Juicy and tender chicken meat
In foil, the degree of browning of the chicken leg can be adjusted, while the meat will still retain juiciness and tenderness. Especially if you pick it right. In addition, as in the case of a roasting bag, chicken drumstick in foil can be prepared both in its own juice and in the fact that vegetables and fruits that are adjacent to it are emitted. And the most satisfying version of the dish is, of course, chicken drumstick in foil with potatoes in sour cream marinade with herbs.
- Chicken drumstick - 4 pcs.
- Potatoes - 6-7 pcs.
- Sour cream nonfat - 100 ml
- Ground garlic - 1 tsp.
- Cumin - 1 tsp.
- Dried basil - 1 tbsp.
- Salt is a pinch.
- Potatoes are washed, cleaned, cut into quarters, rubbed with salt and laid out on the foil. It is best to create individual servings right away - this way products will cook faster.
- Chicken drumstick is soaked in cold water, after which it is transferred to a deep bowl, poured with sour cream mixed with garlic. In it, the meat should stand for 2-3 hours, it is desirable to place it in a cold place.
- After the specified time the chicken drumstick is laid out in a foil over the potato, rubbed with caraway seeds and basil. The edges of the foil are tightly fastened, while at the top there should be enough free space between the meat and the foil so as not to interfere with the movement of air inside the foil.
- Bake chicken drumstick in the oven according to this recipe is necessary at 170 degrees with the included convection for 50 minutes. To obtain a pronounced crust, the edges of the foil can be opened at the very end of cooking, the baking tray can be moved to a higher level, and the cabinet oven can be increased to 200 degrees.
Chicken drumstick in puff pastry
If you are looking for an interesting recipe for chicken drumsticks in the oven for the holiday table, try cooking the meat with a surprise by wrapping it in puff pastry. However, this approach to the design, you can even diversify your everyday table. The most famous and interesting option is oven-baked chicken drumstick in puff pastry with bacon, pickled cucumber and smoked cheese.
- Chicken drumstick - 4 pcs.
- Puff pastry - 1 pack.
- Bacon - 130 g
- Smoked pigtail cheese - 90 g
- Salted cucumbers - 200 g
- Mayonnaise - 30 ml
- Ground Pepper Mix - to taste
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Defrost puff pastry, roll out so that the thickness is 2 mm, cut into strips 2-3 cm wide.
- Wash chicken drumstick, get rid of excess moisture with a paper towel, rub with a mixture of peppers, let it soak for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into thin slices, divide the cheese into fibers, turning it into yarns 1-2 mm thick, and chop cucumbers into strips.
- Grease chicken drumstick with mayonnaise, attach cucumber straw to it, cover with bacon and fix with cheese fibers. Then start wrapping puff pastry, laying the coils tightly, pressing the edges together.
- The chicken drumsticks spread out on a baking tray go to a hot oven. It is recommended to bake the dish at a temperature of 180 degrees for 35 minutes, after which the surface of the dough is smeared with a beaten egg, and the dish is put into the oven again, but for 15 minutes already. It is recommended to serve chicken drumstick in puff pastry with tomato paste in a separate small bowl.
Chicken "in the bag"
Not only puff pastry can become a "fur coat" for meat - in a hurry you can make an excellent unleavened dough, more dense than puff pastry, and allowing you to put almost any ingredient into the space between it and the chicken. The easiest way is to pickle the chicken drumstick and “pack” it in the dough, but it is better to make the dish unusual by adding olives and pineapples. Exotic taste of the dish will make it unforgettable.
- Chicken drumstick - 6 pcs.
- Sour cream - 200 ml
- Wheat flour - 2.5 tbsp.
- Butter - 100 g
- Chicken Egg - 3 pcs.
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp.
- Pineapples diced - 230 g
- Black olives without stones - 140 g.
- Paprika - to taste
- Salt - Pinch
- Chop cold butter with flour, combine with salt, sour cream and chicken egg (1 pc.). Knead dough, cool in film for 30 minutes, roll on a wooden surface, cut into circles with a diameter of 12-14 cm.
- Chop pineapples, cut olives in half, soak chicken leg in cold water, rub with paprika and tomato paste, leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the chicken drumstick in the center of the circle of dough so that the bone is looking up, put pineapples and olives along the circumference. Raise the edges of the test up, fix the resulting "bag" with a thick thread. Spread each of them with a beaten egg.
- When all the “bags” are ready, send them to a hot (175 degrees) oven on a baking sheet, put them on an average level, bake for 50-60 minutes. Due to the juice extracted from pineapples and the dense "coat" of dough, the meat will be tender and baked well. In addition, this unleavened dough is perfect for other meat or fish fillings. Before serving, the retaining threads are removed from the "pouches".
In cooking the chicken drumstick is no more complicated than the breast or wings - no special manipulations are carried out above it, and the methods of roasting in the oven can be varied at your discretion. In a hurry, you can always bake a chicken drumstick on a pumpkin, zucchini or apple cushion, and lovers of the exotic can add prunes, dried apricots or even pine nuts to the bird.