In life, from time to time, you want a holiday or at least something that goes beyond the usual routine. And the kitchen is no exception. Especially if you like a variety of culinary experiments with products that at first glance seem incompatible. And those who are afraid of bold experiments, you can start with other unusual delights already tested, for example, to make a salad with chicken and prunes.
It is well known that a salad is a dynamic dish, that is, in the process of cooking, its components can be added or changed. Therefore, the flavor bouquet of some snacks is based on non-standard combinations. For example, sweet prunes with chicken. By the way, this combination is one of the most popular in salads. Soft, slightly pulpy dried fruit goes well with juicy chicken. The walnut will add refinement, and the fresh cucumber which is often added to salad from chicken with prunes, gives ease of taste and unique aroma.
Salad of prunes, chicken and walnuts
The most common variant of chicken salad with prunes - the so-called classic.
- 1 chicken breast;
- 150 g of prunes;
- 100 g of walnuts;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 1 small onion;
- ½ tbsp. low-fat sour cream;
- ½ tbsp. light mayonnaise;
- salt, pepper (ground black).
- Boil fillet in salted water with onion, cool.
- Prune wash and pour cold water for 15 minutes.
- We clean the cucumbers, cut them into cubes.
- Chop the fillet in small pieces.
- Cut the prunes into thin strips.
- Finely chop nuts.
- Put the ingredients in a bowl for salad.
- We pour out finely chopped garlic (you can use a garlic).
- Add at your discretion salt, pepper, sour cream with mayonnaise.
Chicken and dried plum salad has many appearances. But probably the most famous performance is called "Tenderness". This snack is offered in many European restaurants. The name may differ, which cannot be said about the set of products and the main principle of preparation: all products are stacked in layers.
- 1 breast;
- 5 boiled eggs;
- 250 g dried plums;
- 3 small fresh cucumbers;
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 100 g of walnuts;
- fine salt;
- greens (parsley or cilantro).
- Cool boiled chicken, cut into thin strips.
- We wash the dried fruit in hot water - it will soften, and we will not have to soak it. We cut long stripes.
- Mix sour cream sauce with mayonnaise.
- We clean cucumbers, thinly chop them.
- We chop the yolks and whites separately with a fork.
- Chop finely nuts.
- Lay the layers, not forgetting to smear each creamy mayonnaise sauce. The procedure is as follows: meat, dried fruit, cucumbers, egg whites, nuts.
- Lastly, put the egg yolks and sprinkle with greens, without adding sauce.
In the salad with dried plums and chicken you can add almost any ingredient. For example, mushrooms. This option for its special tenderness and softness of taste received the name "Ladies Man".
- 350 g smoked chicken breast;
- 3 boiled eggs;
- 2 fresh cucumbers;
- 150 g of prunes;
- 350 g fresh mushrooms (champignons, white);
- 2 medium bulbs;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream with a small percentage of fat;
- 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise;
- 5 tbsp. l olive or sunflower oil;
- salt pepper;
- parsley, basil.
- We cut onion half rings.
- Pour oil on a heated pan, put onion and fry it until transparent.
- Wash mushrooms, let them dry, cut into 4 parts.
- Fall asleep in the pan, salt, pepper, fry for 7-10 minutes.
- Drain the oil, cool the mushrooms.
- Wash the prunes, soak them in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Chicken cut into cubes.
- Eggs (yolk and white together) mash with a fork.
- Three grated cucumbers.
- We collect salad, watering each layer with sauce. First dried fruit, then chicken, fried mushrooms, eggs, cucumbers.
- Put greens on top.
Variants of puffed chicken salad with prunes
In order to achieve the unusual taste of puffed chicken salad with prunes, you can use pickled cucumbers instead of fresh ones. Only in this case it is better not to salt the meat in the broth. And do not combine salted cucumbers with smoked meat, otherwise these two products will focus the whole taste on yourself. Some cooks offer a dish option where tomatoes are used instead of cucumbers (this variation is called the "Pied Chicken"). Walnuts are sometimes replaced by almond. But take them half as much as almonds have a very bright taste and aroma.
A little more about our salad
The nutritional value
Chicken salad with dried plums is equally great for a romantic dinner, and for a family meal. And its ingredients have invaluable beneficial qualities:
- chicken is a source of protein, which is important for the muscle and nervous tissue of the body, as well as a source of amino acids for all organs of the body;
- Prunes - a unique combination of vitamins, helps with iron deficiency and lack of potassium in the body;
- Walnuts improve the condition of blood vessels and contribute to the normalization of metabolism.
Of course, salad dressing of mayonnaise and sour cream is quite high in calories. But sometimes you can afford not to think about calories and just get gastronomic pleasure.
How to choose the right products?
The main principle of choosing products for salad is, of course, their freshness. However, there are a few more nuances:
- it is better to take chicken fillet, for example, breast - then the salad will become even more tender;
- if you like the rich flavor of prunes, take smoked dried fruit;
- so that the sauce is not heavy and sugary, use a combination of 50/50 - half of sour cream and half of mayonnaise, and choose foods with a small percentage of fat;
- cucumbers in the salad must be cleaned, otherwise the dish will acquire unnecessary rigidity.
To cook a salad with chicken and prunes known in many countries is a snap. Moreover, this is the case when you have the right to make an error in the combination of products or the formation of layers of lettuce. Moreover, perhaps your mistake will eventually become a new recipe for a popular dish!