What can be more poetic than a juicy fragrant piece of meat and a glass of good wine? But the modern rhythm of life makes its own adjustments, so there is almost no time left for cooking. Then to the aid of lovers of meat dishes come chicken legs, fried in a pan. They easily reach the desired condition in just 30-40 minutes.
Cooking meat is a kind of cooking religion. Each stage of this process requires precise and verified actions, specific skills. Therefore, not everyone can cook mutton, pork or other meat. But chicken thighs, fried in a pan, is simple, fast, satisfying and tasty, no special skills and experience will be needed. In addition, the thigh with shin:
- well cooked;
- does not require long marinating (if you are too slow, leave the meat in the marinade for at least 15 minutes, and if time is up, then for an hour);
- goes well with any spices and seasonings;
- remains juicy and retains a moderate amount of fat in the finished form.
The main secret of any meat dishes - in the choice of the carcass. By the way, that is why it is best to take a chicken leg for frying. Due to the dense structure of the meat, the dish will be tasted better from broilers, and not farmer birds. One more important nuance - thighs with a shin should be taken chilled, not frozen. Otherwise, in the process of defrosting the meat will lose its juice. And finally: chicken should be marinated before being sent to the pan. There are several options for the marinade, while the sequence of manipulations directly with the meat will be the same: it is rubbed with the mixture and sent to a cool place to soak. For marinating future fried chicken legs, you can use the mixture:
- salt and pepper;
- turmeric and salt;
- Spice "For Chicken";
- mayonnaise and minced garlic;
- mustard and honey;
- ketchup and sour cream, etc.
How to fry chicken legs?
Recipes with a photo of chicken legs fried in a pan, offer two campaigns to prepare the dish - with a fried crust or with a soft skin.
Method number 1
- Put the pan on the stove.
- On both sides, pickled legs are coated with olive (or sunflower) oil.
- We spread on the pan, over high heat, fry until the appearance of "sunburn" on the skin, turn over and give reddening to the second side.
- Reduce the heat to minimum, add vegetable oil.
- Fry until ready. If, when a fork is punctured, juice without blood admixture is released, then the chicken is ready.
Method number 2
- Pour olive oil on a cold frying pan.
- When it is well warmed up, we spread the legs.
- Fry the chicken for 5 minutes on medium heat, then turn it over.
- After 15 minutes, move the legs again.
- After another quarter of an hour, we make the minimum fire and fry another 5-7 minutes.
In this recipe of cooking there is one subtlety: if you add chopped onion rings 10 minutes before being prepared for the legs, the chicken will gain an interesting piquancy.
Juicy chicken alternative
It is considered that it is best to cook the whole duck, stuffing it with fruits, cereals, etc. However, the chicken legs of this poultry can also be fried, and the taste will be no worse than that of chicken. Duck meat comes out:
- soft, practically melting in the mouth;
- moderately bold;
- very fragrant;
As for cooking chicken legs, duck thighs and shins need to be pickled. To do this, you can use any sauce to chicken. However, duck lovers recommend not to philosophize and make a simple marinade, mixing salt, ground black pepper (can be replaced with a mixture of peppers) and thyme. The last component will make the finish more refined.
Recipe for duck legs fried in a pan
Duck meat is less dense in its structure, unlike chicken. Therefore, such a bird is fried much faster.
- Heat the pan.
- Pour olive oil.
- We lay out pre-pickled chicken legs.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
If you want something more refined than just roasted legs, add sliced apple and peeled orange. Stew meat and fruit for about 10 minutes on low heat and enjoy the great taste.
As is known, duck meat goes well with the most delicious sauces. So for the legs you can cook something "such".
- 200 g of raspberries;
- 2 tbsp. l duck fat;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- fresh orange 1;
- 2 tbsp. l red dessert wine;
- 2 tbsp. l wine vinegar.
- Mix raspberries, fat, fresh, wine and vinegar using an immersion blender.
- Fry the finely chopped garlic in a pan and pour the sauce to it.
- Give boil and cover with a lid, torment 3 minutes.
- Pour the duck legs in the cooled raspberry-orange sauce.
Ham, fried in a pan, can be an everyday meat dish, and festive. The preliminary preparation of the meat needs a minimum, and the time of roasting will not make it long to languish in anticipation of the fragrant second. If desired, you can make a sauce that magically transforms the taste of duck and chicken and makes it even better.