Some alcoholic beverages, such as rum or brandy, cannot be made at home. They require certain conditions and sophisticated technology. But there are options for alcohol, which are easily obtained from any hostess. First of all, this berry liqueur, for example, cherry.
How to make cherry liqueur: a classic recipe
To prepare the liqueur, you can choose any cherry: fresh or frozen, with and without a bone. It will give a delicate aroma and rich taste to the drink. According to the recipe below, you can make liqueur from strawberries, plums, raspberries, apricots, currants. It is universal, but from the cherry it turns out the most delicious.
- Cherry fruit - 0.5 kg
- Sugar - 0.5 kg
- Lemon - 1/3 pcs.
- Vanilla sugar - 1 bag
- Filtered water - 1 l
- High-quality vodka - 0.5 l
- Take any ripe cherries, but the best variety is Vladimirovka, then the color of the drink will be very juicy. Wash and place in a bowl, fill with filtered water.
- Put on the stove and bring to a boil over low heat.
- Add plain and vanilla sugar, lemon. Boil for 10 minutes.
- For the best flavor add cherry twigs or leaves. If you do not have a lemon, put citric acid to liqueur longer stored.
- Strain the syrup and pour it into a three-liter jar. In the future, be sure to store the liquor in a glass container, and not in a plastic one.
- Cool the syrup on the balcony or in another cool place.
- After cooling down, add vodka to it. Mix well and place in a dark place for 2 weeks.
Delicious liqueur with cherry leaves
Cherry leaves spicy flavor. Therefore, they are very often used to improve the taste and smell in various recipes and preparations. The fact that they have antiseptic properties, people noticed a very long time. It was noticed that any berries or fruits lying next to them retain their freshness longer. Therefore, cherry leaves were used in home canning to give brines a pleasant taste and aroma, as well as to increase the shelf life of pickles.
- Cherry fruits - 50 pcs.
- Cherry leaves - 200 pcs.
- Filtered water - 1 l
- Sugar - 1.5 kg
- Citric acid - 1.5 tsp.
- Vodka - 1 L
- Cook the cherry together with its leaves on low heat for 15 minutes. Press out and strain the decoction.
- Add 1.5 kg of sugar and 1.5 tsp. citric acid (or lemon juice). Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- After cooling, add to the resulting syrup 1 l of vodka. Let liquor week infused in a dark cool place.
Cooking fruit and berry liqueurs is an old Russian culinary tradition. This flavored drink can be served at the festive table, add a spoon to hot tea during a cold or use it as an ingredient for desserts. Especially tasty is liqueur made from cherry and cherry leaves.