In the summer, you can cook a variety of dishes with seasonal fruits and berries. For example, a cherry will make a delicious dessert: pudding, pie, jelly or dumplings. Perhaps, cherry dumplings are one of the classic desserts. Having tasted such a dish, your household will not remain indifferent. In this article, we present several recipes for cooking dumplings with cherries. A step-by-step description and photos will help you effortlessly prepare such a dessert.
How to cook dumplings with cherry: recipe "Classic" with photos
Once in your garden ripe cherries, do not miss this moment and be sure to cook delicious dumplings according to the classic recipe.
- 2 tbsp. flour;
- table salt - ½ tsp;
- water (boiled, slightly warm) - 250 ml;
- 200 g of sugar;
- sunflower oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- cherry - 500-600 g.
- First of all, you need to wash the cherries and remove bones from them.
- Pour the cherry juice into a separate bowl.
- Sift flour into deep dishes, pour in sunflower oil and add salt. Gradually pour in the preheated water and knead the steep, but elastic dough.
- After thorough kneading, cover the dough with plastic wrap or place in a bag. Leave it to swell for about 1 hour.
- At this time, you can prepare the filling. In a separate bowl, mix the cherries with sugar and flour. All thoroughly mixed.
- After 1 hour, lay out a piece of dough on the table and roll out a layer approximately 2-3 mm thick.
- Small circles are cut out of dough. For this you can use a glass or mug.
- Next, form the dumplings from the circles, with the filling in the middle.
- Place the pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Then pour the dumplings. They need to boil until fully cooked.
- Cooked dumplings can be served with cherry juice or sour cream.
Lush dumplings with cherries on kefir
Many housewives prefer to cook dumplings with cherries on kefir. This dough is lush and very light.
- kefir - 1 tbsp .;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- soda - 1 tsp;
- salt - ½ tsp;
- flour - about 4 tbsp. (but may need more so that the dough does not stick to the working surface);
- cherry - 0.5 kg.
- In a separate bowl, mix the salt, soda and sugar. Soda vinegar is not necessary to quench, because the dough in this case will lose its pomp.
- Pour the mixture into kefir and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg with a whisk, fork or blender.
- Add the beaten egg to the kefir mixture.
- Gradually add flour to the deep bowl and start kneading the dough. Flour may need more than indicated in the recipe. Be sure to flour need to sprinkle the working surface of the table so that the dough does not stick.
- Knead the dough, cover with food film and let it brew a little.
- Next, prepare the cherry filling. For this berries need to wash and remove bones from them.
- Sprinkle cherries with sugar. The resulting juice can be drained into a separate bowl or left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Next, we pinch a piece of dough and roll it out in the form of sausages. Some housewives prefer to roll out the dough in a thin layer. With the help of a knife or glass form blanks for dumplings.
- Put 2-3 cherries into the formed circle of dough and pinch the edges so that the dumpling is obtained.
- On the stove put the pan with water, which must be brought to a boil.
- Pour the dumplings into boiling water and cook until ready. Ready dumplings have to surface.
- To prevent the cooked dumplings from sticking together, you can pour them with sugar, pour over syrup or season with sour cream.
- In a separate bowl pour kefir.
- Add sugar, sodium chloride and soda to kefir and mix everything thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg well and add the mixture to the kefir.
- Gradually pour out the flour and knead the dough. It should not be too steep, otherwise the dumplings do not get lush.
- Cooked dough is left for 10-15 minutes, and in the meantime, prepare the cherry filling.
- Cherries thoroughly wash out and remove bones from them. Then pour berries with sugar.
- From the dough we form long sausages and cut them into equal pieces. With the help of a palm or a rolling pin, we make a blank for the dumpling.
- In the center of the piece of dough lay out the stuffing and pinch the edges. It is important that the dough is well bonded around the edges, in this case, when cooking, the juice will not flow.
- Prepare the dishes. Pour some water into the pan and drop a special sieve for cooking vareniki there. If you do not have such a sieve, then a gauze section can be tied to the surface of the pan and secured with an elastic band.
- After the water boils, we lay out the dumplings on a sieve (or gauze) at a short distance from each other. It is not recommended to spread the dumplings too close to each other, as in the process of cooking the dough will fit and they can stick together.
- Cover the pan with a high lid and cook until tender. Cooking time takes about 7-10 minutes.
- We transfer the cooked dumplings to a separate dish, sprinkle with sugar or pour with butter (melted).
- Steam dumplings with cherry ready.
Recipe for Lenten Vareniki with Cherry Filling
Such dumplings do not necessarily cook only in the post: if you adhere to a dietary diet, then this recipe will be for you simply indispensable. You can use both fresh and frozen cherries for cooking.
- 200 ml of water;
- 0.5 tsp. salt;
- 50 ml of sunflower oil;
- 2.5 Art. flour;
- 1 tsp. Sahara;
- Sunflower oil is mixed with water.
- Salt is added to this mixture. The prepared mixture must be put on the fire and brought to a boil. In the process of cooking, half the flour is poured into the pan. The main thing is to mix everything thoroughly so as not to form lumps.
- Pour the remaining half of the flour onto the table and spread the already brewed mixture on top.
- The dough should be kneaded thoroughly, it should not be too knocked out and elastic.
- Roll out a thin layer of dough and form circles for dumplings.
- Spread several cherries on each piece of dough and sprinkle with sugar. Then you need to close up the edges and form a dumpling.
- Dumplings should be placed in a saucepan and cook until tender. Dish can be sprinkled with sugar or pour honey syrup.
Tips from experienced chefs
Experienced cooks give tips on cooking delicious cherry dumplings:
- For kneading dough is best to use kefir, in which case it will turn out lush and porous.
- Soda is not recommended to extinguish, it is best to mix it with flour.
- Eggs should be whipped in a separate bowl, and then added to the prepared mixture for the dough. This will make the dough very soft.
- In no case, the dough should not be steep, otherwise the dumplings will not work and get very knocked down.
- For cooking, you can use frozen cherries or confiture. Pre-berries need to defrost and pour in sugar.
- The filling is best to cook immediately, because if you pour sugar directly during the formation of the dumpling, the juice will flow out.
- Serve the finished dish is best with cherry syrup or butter.
Cherry dumplings are considered to be a seasonal dish, but using frozen berries, you can make this dessert in winter. The key to delicious dumplings is properly prepared dough. Follow the recipe, add all the ingredients step by step, and also take into account the advice of experienced chefs, and you will prepare delicious cherry dumplings that will decorate your table.