Chanahi is an incredibly tasty and very rich dish.. Especially it will satisfy the strong floor, because there are meat, vegetables, spices, and pepper - all that men like to eat.
In itself, the preparation of dishes is not any difficulty, you just need to cut all the ingredients, fill them and put them in pots. However, a lot of time will be required for meat and vegetables to be thoroughly drained. Therefore, consider this point: chanahi does not tolerate haste.
The recipe for chanahi is found in many countries, it is prepared in the East and in Georgia. But the basis of the recipe remains virtually unchanged, and the ingredients themselves may vary.. Traditionally, lamb is taken for a chanahi, but it can be replaced with beef or even chicken, you can chop vegetables not into large but small pieces, fill with sour cream or sprinkle with grated cheese before serving. As you like, do it.
Potty Canaries: A Classic Recipe
- lamb - 500 g
- Eggplants - 500 g, but you can take more
- tomatoes - 500 g
- onion - 500 g, a pair of large onions should be enough
- potato - 500 g
- Greens - parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, black ground pepper and red hot
- Tomato juice - 1 tbsp. (or a glass of water)
- Salt and pepper the sliced lamb, add red pepper to taste, then put the chopped fat tail into a clay pot or other container suitable for the oven.
- The next layer is onion, chop it finely and place on top of the meat. Then put the sliced potatoes, sliced eggplants, tomatoes and sprinkle liberally with chopped greens. When you lay out vegetables, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and dry basil.
- When all products are stacked in a pot, add tomato juice or water. Cap the lid and place in a cold oven, let it warm up gradually with vegetables.
- Cooking chanahi should be 2 hours at 210 C. Typically, water or tomato juice in pots should be enough, but it may happen that all the liquid evaporates, so periodically check the state of the dish and, if necessary, add water.
- This is a classic recipe for cooking chanakhi, in which there are all the necessary products. For its preparation you will need to take the ingredients in approximately equal weight quantities - 500 gr. There will be enough products for 4 people, that is, for 4 pots.
- To make the dish "just yum fingers", you need to carefully select the products. They should be fresh and juicy. Especially attention should be paid to mutton, since it is she who forms the basis of a tasty chanakha. It is best to select fatty lamb, you can add a little fat of fat, so that it is more rich and fatty (if you certainly do not stick to a diet). Mutton cut into pieces of the same size. There are no clear rules on how to cut mutton in a chanakha. You can cut it into large pieces, small or even prepare a single piece. Ideally, the meat would look harmonious with all vegetables, cut into about 3 to 3 cm slices.
How to cook chanahi in pots of pepper and garlic?
- lamb - 500 g
- potato - 500 g
- eggplants - 500 g
- onions - 3 pcs.
- large bell pepper - 2 pcs., it gives a light sourness dish
- garlic - 4 cloves
- Tomato - 4 large pieces.
- Georgian sauce - 1 tbsp. l on the potty
- salt to taste
- butter - 1 tbsp. l
- cilantro bunch
- Wash the lamb and cut into large pieces so that each pot has 5-6 large pieces. Cut eggplants into cubes, salt and leave in a separate container while preparing other vegetables. Peel the potatoes, onions and bell peppers and cut them into medium sized pieces. Tomatoes also wash and cut into cubes. Peel and chop the garlic as small as possible.
- The peculiarity of the preparation of the chanakhi is in the most dense folding of the ingredients in a layer, only in this way they will permeate each other, and the original taste will turn out. Rinse the eggplants, remove the excess salt from them and squeeze, now you can lay the layers in the pot. First comes the onion, then the meat, half the garlic, eggplant, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and garlic again.
- Dilute with half a glass of hot water 1 tbsp. l sauce in Georgian, add a small pinch of salt and pour one pot on it with the composition, put 1 tbsp on top. l butter. Repeat the same “operation” with each pot.
- Close the pots tightly with a lid and send to an oven heated to 200 degrees for 1.5-2 hours. When half an hour has passed, reduce the temperature to 180. Pour greens into the pot just before serving.
- This recipe is slightly different from the classic composition, but many hostesses have already appreciated this method of cooking and took note of it. This recipe is designed for 4 servings, that is, for 4 pots.
- It is very difficult to wait for the chanahi to be prepared, since it emanates a magnificent aroma throughout the house. The ingredients in this dish are different from the classic chanahi, but this does not diminish its taste in any way. Garlic and pepper give the chanakhi a pleasant burning sensation that fans of spicy food will surely appreciate.
Potted Chanahi: Chicken Recipe
- large chicken leg - 1 pc.
- half bow
- medium sized carrots - 1 pc.
- small eggplant - 1 pc.
- potatoes - 6 pcs.
- some green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley and cilantro
- Cut chicken leg into small pieces and arrange in pots. Peel onions, potatoes, carrots, remove the tail from the eggplant. Potatoes are better to take indigestible varieties so that the chanakhs will not turn into mashed potatoes. Chop the onions as small as possible, chop the carrots into halves, eggplants and potatoes into cubes.
- Then lay the food layers: chicken, onions and carrots, potatoes, eggplant, beans (you can take it frozen). To taste, you can also add the root parsnip or hops-suneli, sprinkle them after onions and carrots. Put sliced tomato on top. Now it remains only to pepper and pour 0.5 liters of hot water, in which 1 tsp should be diluted. salt.
- On the lower grill of the convection oven, extinguish the dish at low speed for an hour at 260 degrees. Place in the oven at the same time. Sprinkle the pot with greens before serving. Wait 15 minutes for the chanahi to cool down a bit and you can enjoy its taste!
- The recipe for cooking chanahi with chicken is a lighter and dietary option. The dish can be cooked both in the oven and in the convection oven.These products are enough for 2 pots, that is, for 2 servings.
This dish must be in the cookbook of any hostess, because it is not only tasty, but also looks very beautiful. And the pots are not ashamed to even submit to the festive table. In addition, the chanakhi is a dish that can be served as a first or second delicacy, as it is thick and juicy, but at the same time it is somewhat reminiscent of rich soup. Enjoy your meal!