Chakhokhbili is an original Georgian dish. Initially, pheasant meat was used to make it, but today you can take a turkey or a chicken. It is enough to strictly adhere to the recipe and on the table there will be a delicious chicken chochohbili, which is perfect not only for a simple family dinner, but also becomes a worthy decoration of the festive table.
Chakhokhbili in the slow cooker: a recipe with a photo serving
If there is no free time for cooking chakhokhbili, then you can use the following recipe for the multicooker, which does not require special culinary skills from the mistress. In addition, the main advantage of using the technique is that all products are not only evenly extinguished, but the dish does not burn.
- Tomatoes in their own juice - 400 g
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Vegetable oil
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Greens, pepper, salt - to taste.
- On the crock-pot the baking mode is set and a small amount of vegetable oil is poured into the bowl.
- A large onion is taken, cleaned and cut into half rings. Onion is laid out in butter.
- As soon as the onion is fried a little, it is necessary to shift it to a separate plate and leave it for a while.
- The chicken is thoroughly washed and cut into small, very small portions. The meat is seasoned with salt, pepper and placed in a multicooker bowl. Now it is not necessary to add oil.
- The bird is fried for about 15 minutes from all sides and a slightly cooled onion is added.
- Tomatoes are cut into small cubes and transferred to the multicooker bowl. If you can, then fresh tomatoes are best.
- All components are thoroughly mixed and left to cook for 20 minutes with the "baking" mode.
- After the specified time the chakhokhbili will be fully prepared. The dish is shifted to a beautiful plate and sprinkled with pre-chopped fresh herbs.
Chakhokhbili in wine sauce: original recipe
If desired, you can cook this dish in a slow cooker according to another interesting recipe.
- Olive oil - 30 ml
- Hops-suneli, pepper, salt - to taste
- Semi-dry red wine - 50 g
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Fresh parsley - 20-30 g
- Basil - 20-30 g
- Cilantro - a small bunch
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Bulb onion - 3-4 pcs.
- Large tomatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- Chicken - 1-1.5 kg.
- For this recipe, you can use not only a whole chicken carcass, but also take only the legs.
- Onions are peeled and cut with not too thick ringlets. If a very large onion is used, then it must be cut into half rings.
- A small amount of olive oil is poured into the bowl of the multicooker, the "baking" mode is activated and the prepared onion is laid out. Preparing 5 min.
- Lightly fried onions are placed on a plate, and prepared chicken meat is placed in the multicooker bowl, which is slightly salted in advance and seasoned with a small amount of ground black pepper.
- Chicken fried on all sides for 15 minutes.
- Fried onions and pre-chopped carrots are added to the bird (rubbed on a coarse grater).
- Tomatoes are washed, peeled, cut into very small cubes and added to the chicken in a multicooker bowl.
- Garlic is cleaned and passed through a press, laid out to the rest of the products.
- All ingredients are mixed and a small amount of spices is added.
- The wine is poured, the “quenching” mode is turned on, and the dish is cooked for 30 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the end of cooking, pre-chopped parsley, cilantro and basil are added to the multicooker bowl.
The basis of cooking chakhokhbili from chicken is the stewing of meat in the juice, which gives the vegetables, without the need to add additional water. But there are exceptions to the rule - for example, if old homemade chicken is used for cooking, as its meat can be very tough. Such a chicken stews much longer, so there is a need to add plain water. Also in this case, it will be possible to add more juicy tomatoes instead of water.
Chicken with Chicken and Potatoes: Cooking
If you take into account the original recipe chakhokhbili, then there is no such ingredient as potatoes. But over time, the formulation has undergone slight changes. Through the use of this additional ingredient, you can get just a delicious meal with a ready-made garnish.
- Cilantro - 1 tbsp.
- Parsley - 1 tbsp
- Savory - art. L.
- Tomatoes - 800-1000 g
- Potatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- Butter - 20-25 g
- Onion - 5-6 pcs.
- Hops-suneli - 1 tsp
- Imereti saffron - 1 tsp.
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp.
- Tarragon - ½ tbsp. l
- Fresh mint - ½ tbsp. l
- Chopped garlic - 1 tbsp. l
- Ground red pepper - 1.5 tsp.
- Basil - 1 tbsp. l
- Chicken - 1 kg.
- The chicken is thoroughly washed with running water, cut into not very large portions.
- A frying pan with a thick bottom is put on the stove and warms up well, after which pieces of chicken are laid out and stewed under a closed lid on minimal heat for about 5 minutes
- Onions are cleaned, washed, cut with thin half-rings.
- Tomatoes are washed (they make a small cross-shaped incision) and pour boiling water over it. After a couple of minutes, the peel is carefully removed, and the tomatoes are cut into small cubes.
- All the excess juice is drained from the pan, in which the meat is stewed, and the chicken is fried for about 10 minutes, but now the lid is removed. The juice is periodically added in small portions so that the meat does not burn.
- Practically at the very end of roasting meat, prepared onions are laid out in a frying pan and butter is added in small portions. Onions are pasted for about 5 minutes.
- At this time it is necessary to prepare the potatoes - cleaned, washed, cut into quarters. Potatoes until fully cooked are boiled in a separate saucepan.
- Tomatoes and boiled potatoes are added to the chicken frying pan. Everything together is stewed and periodically added in small portions of water in which potatoes were boiled (of course, if there is such a need).
- Greens and garlic are finely chopped, and then mixed together, and dry spices are added. The mixture of seasonings laid out in chakhohbili.
- All components are thoroughly mixed, and the dish is stewed over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- The finished dish is covered with a lid and left for some time, so that it can be steeped properly, after which it can be served.
- In this recipe, you can cook in a slow cooker, if there is a need to save time.
How to cook chakhokhbili chicken Georgian?
To cook chakhokhbili according to the traditional Georgian recipe, you must use the following recipe.
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 50 g
- Hops-suneli - 1 tbsp. l
- Cilantro - a small bunch
- Basil - a small bunch
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Hot red pepper - 1 pod
- Large tomatoes - 4-5 pieces.
- Onions - 2-3 pcs.
- Chicken meat - 1 kg.
- The meat is washed and cut into small portions, then it is transferred to a pre-heated pan without adding oil. The meat is lightly fried from 2 sides.
- Tomatoes are washed, peel is removed, and cut into small pieces. Tomatoes are added to the frying pan with meat, and all are stewed together for about 10 minutes (you do not need to cover the pan with a lid).
- Onions are cleaned, washed and cut into thin half-rings, after which they are fried in a separate pan with the addition of butter and fried until they have a light golden tint.
- Fried onion is added to the pan with tomatoes and meat, everything is well mixed and covered with a lid.
- The fire is screwed to a minimum and the dish is cooked for 30 minutes, while occasionally it must be mixed so as not to burn.
- Red pepper and fresh basil are finely chopped and added to the pan, everything is well mixed.
- Finely chopped cilantro and injected into chakhokhbili, after which seasonings are added.
- All components are thoroughly mixed, and the dish is stewed for about 5 minutes, after which it can be served at the table.
- To make your chakhokhbili tasty, you need to follow a few simple tips:
- It is not necessary to add butter to the chicken, since even in its absence the dish turns out to be very tasty, tender and juicy;
- It is advisable to use as many spices as possible, as well as fresh herbs, because Georgian cuisine simply cannot do without these ingredients;
- Almost any side dish is perfect for chakhokhbili, but it is best to cook steamed rice.
In the modern world, technical development allows the housewives, including the kitchen, to be made much easier for housewives. Especially popular among cooks is the multicooker. This is not surprising, because it allows you to cook delicious dishes in a shorter period. It would seem difficult to combine traditional recipes and such technological innovations. But this is not the case, the multicooker allows you to successfully cook a variety of national dishes.