Beet caviar is an indispensable product during fasting. In winter, it will become a valuable source of vitamins. It can be used as side dishes or as a dressing for borscht.
The composition of beet caviar:
- Beets - 1 kg
- Carrots - 2 pieces
- Onions - 4 pcs
- Tomatoes - 1 kg or tomato paste - 250 g
- Bulgarian (sweet) pepper - 250 g
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml
- Vinegar 6% - 2 tbsp.
- Wash beets and carrots, peel and grate on a coarse grater. Peel onion and sweet pepper, cut into cubes. Peel and chop the garlic. If there is no time, then you can immediately skip everything through a meat grinder and simmer then about 1 hour.
- Fry the beets with vegetable oil for 20 minutes, add vinegar. Fry the rest of the vegetables separately for 7-10 minutes, except for tomatoes.
- We skip through the grinder all the ingredients. Fold the eggs in a saucepan with a thick bottom, add the garlic, tomatoes or tomato paste. Stew for about half an hour, salt the beet caviar and add spices, vegetable oil. It turns out very tasty if you stew caviar in a cauldron.
- We put the finished beets in hot form in cans. Pre-wash them with baking soda, hold over steam for 2-3 minutes. If desired, you can sterilize the jars of beets, so that it does not disappear during storage. After an hour-long sterilization, immediately roll up the jars, turn them upside down and wrap them with warm clothes until they cool down completely.
See also:How to cook lecho?
Perhaps now, you will not appreciate the taste of beet caviar, but in winter, when the body lacks vitamins, it will seem to you the most wonderful dish, because beets are a very useful product. therefore think about your health now - roll a couple of jars of caviar for the winter of beets. Cook with pleasure, enjoy your appetite!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru -Styusha