In its homeland in Italy, this salad is as popular as in Russia, the famous "Olivier". Caprese’s popularity can be easily explained.. This dish is distinguished by its ease and at the same time its satiety. That is, having eaten such a salad, you can easily "stop the worm" without overloading your body. Besides, products contained in the salad will help you replenish the supply of vitamins in the body. It is very easy to prepare, and it includes a small set of ingredients.
The name of the dish is due to the island of Capri, on the southern shore of the Gulf of Naples. The name of the salad was used precisely this island, because it is on its territory grown tomatoes Bull's Heart, which are just perfect for making salad. Of course, it is not necessary to try to look for these particular tomatoes and the Italian Mozzarella itself. It is enough if the ingredients are of good quality, that is, homemade tomatoes and fresh cheese will do.
Serve caprese before the main meal. In Italy, this salad is traditionally considered a snack.
Caprese Salad Recipe
- Fresh tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese"
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (dark)
- Ground black pepper
- Take the mozzarella cheese and cut it into slices. Then thoroughly wash, dry the tomatoes. They need to cut circles.
- Cook the sauce. Balsamic vinegar and olive oil must be mixed together. The mixture should be prepared in a ratio of 1: 4.
- Tomato slices and slices of cheese should be layered on top of each other and seasoned with ground black pepper and salt.
- Decorate each pair of slices of tomato and cheese with a leaf of basil. The resulting salad pour previously cooked sauce. You can apply to the table.
Caprese Salad Recipe with Arugula
- Arugula - 200 g
- Cherry tomatoes - 300 g
- Mini mozzarella cheese - 125 g
The composition of the filling:
- Garlic - 2 teeth
- Greens - 50 g
- Olive oil - 50 ml
- Lemon juice - 50 ml
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Ground black pepper - 1 pinch
- The leaves of arugula must be thoroughly washed, dried, and then cut into medium pieces.
- Take cherry tomatoes. Wash them thoroughly, then cut each tomato in half, separating it from the twigs. If instead of cherry tomatoes you decided to take ordinary tomatoes, then they should be cut into small pieces.
- Then prepare the salad dressing. To do this, mix all the ingredients listed in the recipe in a blender until a homogeneous mass is obtained. By the way, the resulting dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Arugula leaves, slices of tomatoes and cheese must be mixed. If you have a large "Mozzarella", then before you use it in a salad, cut the cheese into small pieces. Before serving, the salad must be laid out on plates and poured over the cooked dressing.
Caprese Salad Recipe with Pesto Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese - 125 g
- Tomatoes - 200 g
- Arugula - 30 g
- Pine nuts - 20 g
- Basil - 30 g
- Olive oil - 105 g
- Balsamic vinegar - 20 g
- Salt - 1 g
- First cook the Italian pesto sauce. Take 10 g of pine nuts and chop them with a blender with basil. Also add here 10 g of balsamic vinegar and 50 g of olive oil. All salt.
- Make cross-shaped cuts on the tops of the tomatoes. Dip the vegetables in this form for 10 seconds in boiling water, and then shift into cold. Thus, it will be much easier for you to peel the tomatoes. After cleaning the tomatoes, slice them.
- Now make a dressing for the future salad. To do this, take a small bowl and mix in it 55 g of olive oil and 10 g of balsamic vinegar, as well as 10 g of pine nuts.
- Cut the cheese into small pieces.
- Take a serving plate and make a circle on it from the pesto sauce. Place the piece of cheese on the turned circle one after another, then a circle of tomato and then in the same sequence. It is necessary to spread them in a circle.
- In the center of the circle formed, place a few leaves of arugula. Arugula on top pour dressing. You can serve at the table.
Caprese salad with onions
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs
- Mozzarella cheese mini - 10 pcs
- Onion - 0.5 heads
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp.
- Ground black pepper
- Tomatoes must be cut into thin slices. Cheese "Mozzarella" mini cut into halves or into fourths.
- Onion halves cut into quarter rings.
- Put the prepared ingredients into a salad bowl. In the salad, add chopped basil. Basil is better to use fresh, but if there is only dry, you can use it. Add salt to taste and season with olive oil. Salad must be thoroughly mixed and can be served.
See also:How to cook a sunflower salad?
Caprese salad is not only very tasty, but also a healthy Italian snack that keeps the spirit of this country. It is known that Italians love light and healthy food. This salad is the best confirmation of this. Caprese acquired the status of a national dish also because the colors of its ingredients repeat the tricolor collor of the Italian flag. In every sense, this national dish from sunny Italy will be a wonderful decoration of your table.