Many housewives in recent times are increasingly inclined to preserve vegetables with citric acid, and not with vinegar. The reasons for this can be very different - from taste preferences to individual intolerance to vinegar. How can you preserve cucumbers with citric acid so that the vegetables are very tasty?
Canned cucumbers with citric acid: the first recipe
The composition of the 3-liter jar:
- Cucumbers (how many will fit) length from 7 to 15 cm
- Carrots - ½ pcs
- Bulgarian pepper - ½ pcs
- Bitter peppers - 1 small pieces
- Allspice - 5 peas
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Dill in umbrellas - 2 pieces
- Cherry and currant leaves - to taste
- Citric acid - 1 tsp.
- Water - 1.5 L
- Salt - 4 tsp.
- Sugar - 8 tsp.
- Cucumbers are thoroughly washed, cut off at both edges and put into cold water to soak for about 2-3 hours. At this time, we will sterilize the jars in which we will be putting the cucumbers, and set the water to boil. In a sterilized jar we spread dill, currant leaves and cherries to the bottom, cut the carrot into slices, Bulgarian and hot peppers (after removing the seeds), allspice and garlic.
- Then, over the spices, lay out cucumbers, pour boiling water, cover with lids and leave for 20 minutes.
- We pour the citric acid directly into the jar, then pour the cucumbers with boiling brine, roll it up, turn it over and wrap it very warmly so that they cool for at least 24 hours. In this way, we will protect the banks from cloudiness and blasting.
Canned cucumbers with citric acid: recipe two
- Cucumbers - 5 kg
- Dill with seeds - 100 g
- Onion - 300 g
- Horseradish root - 10 g
- Garlic - 3 cloves
The composition of the marinade:
- Water - 5 l
- Salt - 450 g
- Sugar - 60 g
- Citric acid - 60 g
- Pepper - to taste
- Mustard seeds to taste
- Bay leaf - 3 pieces
- Cucumbers carefully wash. My dill and chop. We lay out a third of the prepared spices at the bottom of the jar, then put the cucumbers tightly to the middle of the jar, then the spices again, the cucumbers again, and the uppermost layer - the spices.
- We make marinade from the above products, leave it off for 3-5 minutes. Pour cucumbers in a jar with boiling marinade and pasteurize at 95 degrees.
- Liter and 2-liter jars are pasteurized for 20 minutes, 3-liter jars - for 35 minutes.
The composition of the marinade:
- Water - 3 L
- Salt - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Citric acid - 3 tsp.
- Soak cucumbers in cold water for 3-4 hours. We periodically change the water in the container with cucumbers so that it does not stagnate. After the specified time we cut the asses of cucumbers, and put them all in a deep basin. We put the water to boil, and when it is ready, pour cucumbers into the basin with boiling water and leave to stand for half an hour.
- In the pre-sterilized jars lay all the spices. Make the marinade - bring the water to a boil and leave it to boil for about 5 minutes. Then add sugar and salt to it, and boil for about 5 minutes. Next, add citric acid and immediately turn off the water.
- We take out still warm cucumbers from the pelvis and place them in cans. This should be done at the time when the marinade is being prepared. Ready pickle immediately pour cucumbers, roll and wrap until completely cool.
Canned cucumbers with citric acid have a richer flavor. They are healthier, tastier and less likely to explode. Therefore, try to make the preservation in this way, and you will see with what pleasure your home-made eating cucumbers from the jar!
Enjoy your meal!