With the onset of summer, recipes that include seasonal greens and vegetables become especially popular. It's time to enjoy everything that grows in the garden and stock up on vitamins. In addition, it is a great reason to remember dishes from his childhood. For example, such as sorrel soup.
Classic Green Sorrel Soup with Nettle
The most spring and fortified variant, as well as suitable in any diet, including vegetarian, is sorrel soup with nettle or green borscht. For many, this tandem will seem strange. Moreover, the latter grass is clearly associated with far from the kitchen. But in fact, the recipe is really quite interesting. In particular, he will attract the attention of girls who want to correct the figure. The soup of sorrel digested much easier than in beef broth.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Potatoes - 1 kg.
- Carrots and onions - 1 pc.
- Sorrel and nettle - on a bunch
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Butter - 4 tsp,
- Condiments to taste
- The first thing boiled eggs. After that, 2 of them are deposited at the final stage for decoration, and 2 others are cleaned and crushed.
- In a high saucepan, water begins to boil, is salted into salt, and it takes the potatoes that have been pre-cleaned and chopped into cubes.
- On a nearby hob, a frying pan is heated with a small amount of butter. In it the carrot passed through a grater is pasted.
- Diligently washed nettle is dipped in boiling water to remove bitterness. Sorrel rinse in cold water. Greens are torn or sliced, placed in a pan with carrots.
- In the same pan, the shredded onion is passaged and sent to the next soup. Cooking is done until the potato cubes begin to disintegrate when they are punctured with a fork. Then eggs are put into the dish. Everything is aged for another 10 minutes. under the lid. Soup is flavored with spices and poured into plates.
Sorrel soup with egg on beef broth
Cooked in rich broth, sorrel soup is practically a classic. In most cases beef bone is used for this, but it is often replaced with a low-fat piece of pork or hearty lamb. In addition, you can cook an express variation of such a dish, if you do it with meatballs. And that, and other method should be considered separately and in detail.
- Beef on the bone - 600 gr.
- Small potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Sorrel and green onions - 2-3 bunches
- Eggs - 2pcs.
- Meat is boiled in any not too voluminous saucepan. For this, it is sent to boiling water. On average power under a covered lid preparing 10-15 minutes. and shifted to another pot with no boiling water.
- After boiling for 45 minutes. beef is cooked. Such manipulations with the broth allow you to achieve the perfect balance between richness and lack of excess fat. In addition, taking into account the quality of meat coming to the shelves of most stores, it must undergo a primary heat treatment.
- Potatoes are peeled and cut into thin straws, poured into the pan along with 1 tsp. salt and a pair of black pepper peas. After 25 minutes there is also required to lay onion bulb, carefully washed and crushed sorrel, cut into 4 parts.
- Dish needs another 8-10 min. on full readiness. In a separate container boiled eggs, to what state - you decide. You can make a "hard boiled" by boiling for 10 minutes, and you can leave the yolk softer.
- Before serving the soup to the table, they are cut in half, onion feathers are cut and added to the plate. If desired, it is permissible to add sour cream or crackers to the dish.
To make a quick version, you will have to twist the pork and beef, taken in a 1: 1 ratio, into a minced vein. The total volume should be about 500 grams. It depends on how rich the broth is needed and how much meat you want to get. The stuffing is salted and kneaded, the shredded onion is laid into it. Then from elastic coma into which the meat is turned, small meatballs are created.
In a large saucepan boils 2-2.5 liters. Water. Meatballs are thrown into it, and then boiled for 10-15 minutes. on average power. At this time, 2-3 medium-sized potatoes are peeled, cut into cubes and laid to the meat. The bulb is passaged and sent to them. If desired, you can add bay leaf to the pan.
A bunch of sorrel is washed, deprived of excess moisture and torn to pieces. It is added after 20 minutes. after laying potatoes. The dish is salted and stewed under the lid for another 3 minutes. Soup is served with sour cream and half a boiled egg.
Chicken Soup With Sorrel
Chicken soup is no worse than beef. You can diversify the recipe by removing the potatoes from the ingredients and adding lentils and bell peppers. The fat content of the dish is easily controlled by selecting the basis for the broth. The breast will be the most dietary, and the wings and hips will give satiety. In any case, the bird must be scalded for 15 minutes, as was done with beef. This technique is needed to wash out excess protein, penicillin and fat.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Lentils - 3 tbsp.
- Chicken Breast - 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper -1 pc.
- Sorrel -1 bundle
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Dill, rye crackers, salt - to taste
- Lentil is poured into boiled water. After 15 minutes, spent in a state of boiling, scalded chicken breast without skin goes down to it. They boil another 20 minutes. from the moment of boiling and salted.
- The Bulgarian pepper turned into thin rings is poured into a saucepan. There is also washed and torn bundle of sorrel.
- The egg is carefully whipped with a whisk in a bowl and carefully poured into the pan. At this point, the dish must be whipped to grab properly. In 5-7 minutes soup can be served by sprinkling it with dill and rye crackers.
Fans of mushrooms can try for themselves something not beaten. In the season, of course, it is better to get fresh mushrooms, and in the winter for a dish it is quite suitable dry or frozen. Which ones to take is unprincipled. Many people advise using white mushrooms or champignons, citing the fact that their taste is interestingly combined with sorrel acidity.
Unlike other recipes, soup of sorrel on mushroom broth is perfectly cooked even without potatoes. Moreover, it simply does not make sense to interfere with the rest of the nourishing ingredients.
- Mushrooms - 300 gr.
- Water - 3l.
- Onions, carrots -1 pc.
- Dill, sorrel, parsley - 1 each
- Mushrooms are washed and cleaned. You can cut them at least plates, even cubes. They need to be dipped in cold water, then bring to a boil. Within 15 min On a reduced fire, you must constantly remove the foam.
- Onions and medium-sized carrots are peeled and chopped. You can skip through the grater. Then they are poured into the frying pan and passaged for 2-3 minutes. At this time, bunches of dill, parsley and sorrel are washed, crushed and poured into the pan. They are followed by passaged vegetables, as well as a pinch of salt. 15 minutes. for cooking under the lid, and the finished soup can be poured into plates.
How to cook soup of canned sorrel?
The algorithm for working with canned sorrel when cooking soup based on it is no different from the schemes considered for fresh greens. For the same 3 liters of water and 0.5 kg of meat instead of 1-2 bundles of sorrel just plucked in a garden bed, there is usually 700 gr. canned product. It is loaded into the pan at the very end.
Not everyone likes this product, as the taste changes somewhat. If you do not want to use the store canning, you can prepare a soup bowl yourself. To do this, it is simply washed, selected so that the leaves come across only without stains and dryness. Then laid in a glass jar, compacted and filled with salted water. Concentration of salt - to your taste. You can even do without it, if you just scald the sorrel with boiling water and put it in the jars. Spin produced in the usual way.
See also:How to cook cold soup?
Sorrel soup is a refreshing and non-aging dish. Due to the large number of different recipes, it is easy to adjust the composition under the home to please everyone. Knowing the cooking algorithm, you can easily cope with sorrel soup of any complexity.