Dishes based on canned food have always been a kind of lifesaver when it was necessary to quickly figure out a lunch or dinner, and at the same time provide reliable protection against hunger for several hours. And what could be more nutritious and healthier than a hot, rich soup?
Fish broths have always been considered lighter than meat, entered and continue to be on the diet menu, so the recipe for pink salmon soup should always be on hand at any hostess.
Traditional soup of canned pink salmon: recipe with photos
By and large, this recipe is suitable not only for pink salmon, but also for any canned fish - saury, sprat, salmon and other options that can be found on store shelves. Their taste qualities (after oil treatment) are most often similar to each other, and only the fat content of the fish itself is different: pink salmon is considered the dietary option, while the trout will be quite fat. However, if the additional ingredients in such a soup are only vegetables (which implies a classic recipe), the fat content of the fish will not play any role.
- Canned salmon - 200 g
- Potatoes - 2-3 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 pc
- Dried herbs - to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- A mixture of ground peppers - 1 tsp.
- Butter - 5 g
- Wash vegetables, peel potatoes, cut into large cubes. To get them the same, and therefore evenly prepared, use a special grater. Try to make the pieces not too small, otherwise they will turn into starch, which will simply act as a thickener of broth. Put the sliced potatoes in a pan with cold water, bring to a boil.
- Peel carrots, rub with long straws. Shred a bulb about the same size as a carrot. Heat the butter in the pan, toss the carrot into it, then the onion. Fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes to barely redden the ingredients.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 20-25 minutes, add to it pinked salmon in a bowl or native tin can, and after another 10-15 minutes. - Onion-carrot fry. Salt the broth, cook under the lid for 15 minutes.
- After the specified time, pour in the pepper mixture and dried greens, turn off the heat under the hob, leave the soup to reach under the lid on a warm stove for another 20-30 minutes.
The dish is recommended to serve with warm rye crackers. Due to zazharki broth will have a pleasant yellow-orange shade, however, heat treatment in oil will increase its caloric content. Therefore, if you want to cook a completely dietary version, do not fry the carrots and onions, put them into the pan raw, and discard the potatoes - replace it with a small amount of lentils.
Hearty Fish Soup from Canned Pink Salmon with Rice
Despite the fact that the fish, as a representative of the protein group, is extremely nutritious, sometimes it is not enough to feed the whole family. Then in soups appear even more significant elements in calories: this is pasta and cereals. Of the latter, rice is the most popular because it has a neutral taste (when it comes to round-grain white), which allows it to adapt to the other "participants". In addition, it is very well boiled soft and makes the broth thick and tender. From the volume of ingredients below, 4 servings of medium size are obtained.
- Canned salmon - 300 g
- Round grain rice - 70 g
- Mushrooms - 200 g
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Capers - 8-10 pcs.
- Butter - 20 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Fresh parsley - to taste
- Salt, pepper - pinch
- Heat the butter in the pan, cut the mushrooms into slices and fry for 3-5 minutes. on each side over high heat. Reduce power, cover the pan with a lid, simmer them for another 10 minutes. If you have mushrooms, you can not do this.
- Chop the onion and cut the carrot into thin slices, add to the pan to the mushrooms. Do not cover with a lid, fry until the onions are transparent, then add the washed rice and keep it on the fire for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove.
- In a large saucepan, add water (2.5 liters), bring to a boil. Throw in slices of pink salmon, then send the entire contents of the pan and capers. Salt and pepper. Cook under a lid over medium heat until the rice has increased in size and softened.
Throw a bunch of parsley into the broth before serving. The soup in this recipe is not too liquid, so if you want to get more broth, increase the initial volume of water to 4 liters.
How to cook the most delicious soup based on pink salmon?
Whether the dish will be successful can be said by the fact that its foundation has been chosen and prepared correctly. If we talk about canned pink salmon, then everything is much more complicated than with fresh fish, because the opportunity to look in a jar and assess the condition of the pieces does not seem. Nevertheless, there are several points that allow you to maximally protect yourself from a poor-quality product.
- Pink salmon should be produced (caught) in the Far East, in the period from July to September, and nothing should be present in the composition except for fish and salt (in rare cases, oils). After opening the jar, you will see whole pieces of pinkish hue: this is a sign that the fish is fresh and not processed by chemicals.
In addition to the above traditional recipes, you can use canned pink salmon for almost any fish broth, since it goes well with most ingredients. What come up in a hurry?
- Fish soup (which means any fish soup) can be very thick, tender, creamy: to do this, add processed cheese to the broth - 1 pc. for every 500 ml of water. Humpback salmon recommended at the same time to knead well, so as not to violate the consistency of the uniformity, and for greater tenderness, you can enter beans in the dish.
- Fish soup does not always have to be traditional: try throwing slightly (7-8 pieces) black pitted black olives into the broth at the very end of cooking - they will make the dish nourishing, and in combination with tomato paste and herbs they will give it a touch of Italian cuisine.
Finally, it is worth noting that professionals recommend adding some freshly squeezed lemon juice to the soup (in a batch dish) - about 1-2 tsp before serving. per serving: this non-standard option for soups will give the broth a richer taste.