Seafood is an integral part of the holiday table. Until now, they are considered restaurant delicacies. It is very easy to cook dishes from squid, sea fish, shrimp or mussels at home. Shrimps are especially popular. They are added to various salads, appetizers and even make a kebab.
Most housewives prefer to use shrimp, because it is very simple to prepare them, and the result is always successful. In order to save time, you can boil and clean this seafood in advance and add to the dish on the day of cooking.
It is very important to properly boil the shrimp. The main rule is not to digest. Otherwise they will become too rigid. Heavily frozen shrimps need to be defrosted beforehand by placing them in the lower compartment of the refrigerator. Then boil water, into which, if desired, you can add spices, bay leaf, and throw seafood there. Cook them depending on the size for 5-10 minutes. Willingness is determined by color - the shell turns pink or orange. Also ready-made shrimp float.
Sometimes the product is sold in a cooked, but frozen form. It is recommended to throw in boiling water and boil for less than 3 minutes.
Shrimp on skewers can be served with a variety of vegetables and slices of cheese. You can experiment with snacks in different ways. For shrimp canapes, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, various types of cheeses are commonly used. Usually, all ingredients are randomly strung on skewers.
You can also make pasty mixtures of cream cheese and shrimp, spread slice on toast and string on skewers.
You can get a very tasty shrimp snack by grinding them, mixing them with greens and mayonnaise and filling them with store tartlets.
To make shrimp canapes look more festively solid ingredients (bread, cheese) are cut out using special molds in the form of asterisks and other shapes. Also, the skewers for snacks can serve as decoration of the dish. For this you can buy not completely wooden, but decorative.
Shrimp Appetizer with Skewers
- Shrimps - 200 gr.
- Olives - 150 gr.
- Tomatoes - 2pcs.
- Hard cheese - 100 gr.
- Boil the shrimp in salted water. Cool and clean.
- Tomatoes and cheese cut into slices - tomatoes are thinner, thicker cheese.
- On the cheese lay out a slice of tomato, then we pierce them with a canapé skewer. Top stringing shrimps and olives.
Traditional Canapes with Shrimps
In traditional canapes, bread is always present. Based on it, you can make canapes on skewers with shrimps.
- Shrimps - 200 gr.
- Fetaxa cheese- 100 gr.
- Garlic, mayonnaise - to taste
- Cucumber 1 pc.
- Olives - for decoration
- Boil shrimp, cool and peel.
- Fetaks cheese and chopped cucumber, skip the garlic through a press and mix with cheese and cucumber. Add a small amount of mayonnaise to the mixture so that it is pasty.
- Cut the loaf into small rounds. Heat the pan without oil and fry a long loaf on it until light golden brown.
- Spread the croutons with cheese paste, pierce with a skewer, string shrimp and olive on top of it.
Shrimp skewers on skewers
- Shrimp 500-800 gr.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Green onions, ginger, sugar, spices - to taste
- Olive or vegetable oil - 1 tsp.
- Fresh shrimp rinsed under running cold water. If the shrimp is frozen, then thaw. Drain using paper towels.
- Cooking marinade: finely chop onions, ginger. Add oil, sugar, spices and herbs to a separate bowl.
- Add shrimps to the bowl with marinade, mix thoroughly, let stand 20 minutes.
- In 20 minutes. Marinated shrimp string on skewers or skewers.
- Kindle brazier, give the coal to burn. They should be red. We place skewers with shrimps on the grill and cook for 2 minutes, turning them over.
- If you want to cook shrimp kebabs on skewers at home, you can bake them in the oven or on a grill pan. You can also use aero grill.
- Shrimps on skewers can be cooked in garlic marinade. To do this, soy sauce is mixed with finely chopped or skipped garlic.
Shrimp dishes do not actually have minuses. Seafood low-calorie and contains a huge amount of nutrients. The only negative that undoubtedly affects the taste of canapes, salads and snacks is the improper preparation or the poor quality of the shrimp.
The quality of shrimp can be determined by color. Overgrown and old have a yellow belly and uneven color. It is believed that good shrimp tail is bent.
Do not be afraid if they have green or brown heads. In the 1st case, this means that they fed on algae, and in the 2nd case, you caught individuals with caviar. By the way. They say that their meat is especially tasty. Do not boil the shrimp with black heads. These are sick individuals unfit for food.
If you buy shrimp in the package, then pay attention to the presence of snow. If it is, then, most likely, the product was thawed and frozen several times. From this could suffer quality.
Many prefer to save time and buy already peeled shrimp. Restaurant chefs think they taste worse. You will spend a little time cleaning, but such shrimp in the end will be much tastier.
In order to buy a quality product, always pay attention to the information on the packaging. It is believed that European manufacturers supply more quality seafood than Asian ones. Also on the package usually write the number of shrimp per 1 kg. Usually it is 2 digits. The inscription 100/150 means that in 100 gr. 150 shrimp. It is clear that the smaller the 2nd number, the more shrimps. Therefore, it is also called calibration. Some manufacturers mislead customers by reducing the 2nd number and increasing the cost. Therefore, when buying, compare the numbers and size of the shrimp.
There are several cooking tricks that will help you clean shrimp without much difficulty. After cooking, it is recommended to pour them with cold water - so the shells will be easier to peel off. If you have very large shrimps, then you need to clean them more thoroughly, removing the black insides. This is the intestines. If the insides are not cleaned, then they can give the finished dish an unpleasant taste. By the way, shells and other waste can not throw away. If you cook them with broth, you can get a delicious shrimp soup.
Some prefer to peel the shrimp before dipping it in boiling water. In this case, it is best to do this before full defrosting. So you can clean them much faster.
Canapes on skewers with shrimps are prepared very simply and, indeed, decorate the festive table. To create a snack, you need to cut the necessary ingredients into small pieces and string them onto skewers in any order. Also from the shrimp can be cooked skewers. To do this, fresh seafood pre-marinated for 20 minutes, and then fry on the grill for another 2-3 minutes.