How is this done ?! This is the question that arises for those who see the Zebra pie for the first time in a section of yogurt. The fanciful interlacing of multicolored stripes evokes amazement and interest. And it turns out, it turns out, quite simply. Sharing secrets!
Classic cake "Zebra" on kefir - recipe with photos
- 3 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. kefir (preferably fat);
- 1 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 100 g (or 1/2 standard pack) butter or margarine;
- 2-2.5 st. l cocoa powder;
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract (optional);
- 0.5 tsp. baking soda;
- 3 tbsp. flour (may enter more).
- Release the eggs in a bowl and mix with a mixer with sugar until it is completely dissolved. Beat in a fluffy foam is optional.
- Pour kefir over the eggs. It will be better if he pre-stands for half an hour without a refrigerator.
- Add warm softened butter. You can melt it in the microwave or in a water bath, but to prevent boiling. To mix everything.
- Add baking soda to the mixture. To extinguish it with vinegar is not necessary. Tip: if the zebra pie is made on non-acidic kefir, soda in the recipe can be replaced with baking powder.
- Add a little flour, kneading thoroughly. The finished dough should resemble the consistency of a good condensed milk or thick cream.
- Divide the dough into two parts. It does not matter if they are not exactly the same. Equal parts will give a "zebra" with a uniform amount of light and dark stripes.
- Add cocoa to one of the parts and mix.
- Proceed to the main recipe in "Zebra" - the correct pouring form.
- We do this by alternating light and dark dough. To do this, in the form, each time exactly in the center, pour out alternately a spoon of one or the other test.
- The more the quantity of each portion will be, the wider the stripes will be. For a classic result, it is enough to take an ordinary tablespoon.
- The form can be covered with parchment, but it is enough to just grease with oil.
- With very small alternating portions (for example, if you use a teaspoon), the colors may eventually blend. The "striped" effect will be lost.
- Tip: thicker dough gives clearer streaks. But the dough will be less lush.
- Bake the cake "Zebra" on yogurt at a temperature of 200-250C. Approximately it will take 35-40 minutes. Open the oven before the darker top, it is impossible. The product may fall.
- If the pie has cracked on top, that's fine. But next time, note that the temperature was set just above the optimum.
- Check for readiness by piercing with a dry toothpick in the center.
- If, on the basis of the cake recipe on zebra kefir, you baked a cake and were going to decorate it with cream, you may have difficulties. The fact is that such a product is obtained convex. If the "cap" is cut off, then the porous surface can gradually absorb the cream, and you will not get a beautiful cake. Just flip it after cutting off the top. But do this only when it is completely cool. And you get a perfectly flat surface.
- You can bake a zebra cupcake on kefir and in a slow cooker. To do this, alternately pour the dough directly into the bowl. Baked product on "Baking" mode for 55 minutes.
On the replacement of ingredients
The recipe for a striped cake is optional and unchanged. You can exclude from the composition of butter or margarine replacing it (with a decrease in the amount of flour). In this case, the dough will be more elastic, but less crumbly. However, the effect of a crumbly cake can be achieved by replacing part of kefir with 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise.
Kefir in the main recipe can be replaced with sour cream, preserving all other ingredients. Flour in this case can also enter a little less.
What is the best way to bake a zebra pie - on yogurt or sour cream? This is a matter of taste. And yet the use of kefir is a cheaper, everyday option. With sour cream, the product turns out to be more moist and saturated.
It's all about the stripes!
Armed with a test of two colors, we get the opportunity to create real masterpieces. Instead of pouring dough all the time in the middle of the form, you can schedule 3, 4 or more "centers". Merging, it will form the most bizarre patterns.
You can divide the dough into 3 parts. Leave one of them white, add a bit of cocoa to the second, and make a third one dark. And the cake will turn out even more interesting.
Dividing the dough unevenly and adding cocoa to a smaller part and slightly moving the dough into a dough with a knife, we get this effect.
You can also dream up with forms. For example, you can take a special form for baking cupcakes Bundt (with a column or hole in the middle). You can alternate colors by moving in a circle or in any other way.
To create a sharper contrast of bands, you can use black and white chocolate in the recipe. In this case, add it instead of oil. 50 g of this and other chocolate should be melted in a bath and added to the already divided dough. Coconut chips or powdered sugar will make such a cake very much to the face.
Alternating the dough in large portions, you can get an interesting effect - as in the photo.
And you can make a zebra with "faded" stripes. To do this, take a knife and a few slow motions stir the striped dough before baking. Be careful not to overdo it! Otherwise, the dough will get a uniform color.
The effect of zebra can be given to muffins.
Color zebra - why not?
Having learned how to bake a zebra cake on kefir in the classic version, you can also dream it up. In cooking, there are many both natural and artificial health-friendly dyes. You can safely use them. Your imagination is unlimited!
Gourmet zebra cake on kefir with strawberries
This recipe is not only different for its color and the use of berries. It is made on a sand substrate. And it is quite easy!
For the bottom you just need to chop up any dark pastry and mix it with a little warm butter. There should be just enough oil to keep the sand crumb dry.
We spread the mixture on the bottom of the form, on the edges we lay out fresh or frozen strawberries and pour the dough in the manner described above. Pink color will give dough strawberry jam or strawberry juice.
As you can see, on the basis of the Zebra cake recipe, you can bake a quick cupcake for morning tea, and an exquisite cake for a big celebration. At the same time it is very simple to prepare, does not require "complex" ingredients. Save it in your home cookbook - and he will save you more than once.