Cherry is a berry that is widely distributed in central Russia. It is used to make delicious jam and compote, cherries are added to the dumplings. But the best is the pie with cherry and sour cream. There are several options for cooking this dish, and today we will tell you about them.
How to bake a delicious cake with cherry and sour cream?
Preparing a homemade cherry pie is easy, especially since all the products will be on hand. But in order for the delicacy to really get tasty and appetizing, you need to know some subtleties:
- The cake keeps its shape better, and the filling does not spread, if you make special bumpers from the dough.
- Even frozen berries can be used for the cake, after allowing the excess liquid to drain and roll each cherry in the starch.
- If the pastry began to burn from the bottom, and the top has not yet been baked, put a bowl of water on the bottom of the oven.
- Butter can be easily replaced with margarine for baking - the taste of the cake will not spoil.
- Sour cream is better to buy high-fat or home-made.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated. Observing these rules, you can cook a puff or sandwich with cherries and sour cream, which will be loved by all family members. And if you haven't found your recipe yet, try one of ours.
Cherry Pie: recipe with photos step by step
Cherry delicacy prepared according to this recipe will be a great addition to tea. You can always surprise unexpected guests with an unusual form of serving the cake.
- ½ tbsp. water;
- 15 g fresh yeast;
- ½ tbsp. milk;
- ½ tbsp. Sahara;
- 1/3 Art. butter;
- 4 ½ tbsp. flour;
- 2 eggs;
- 100 g canned cherries;
- 100 g fat sour cream.
- First you need to do the preparation of the dough. To do this, dissolve the yeast in warm water, add sugar and stir well. Let the yeast stand for 10 minutes.
- Now melt the butter in a water bath, mix it with warmed milk and beaten eggs, salt.
- We combine milk, butter and eggs with yeast and in 3 approaches we mix flour. Knead soft nekryutoe dough.
- We spread the dough in a clean bowl, cover with a towel and remove to approach in a warm place.
- After half an hour, we knock down the dough with our hands and cover with a towel again.
- After another half hour, when the dough will increase in volume by 3 times, you can start baking.
- We spread the finished dough on the table, pre-sprinkled it with flour, and divide into three equal pieces.
- We roll each piece with a rolling pin about 0.5-1 cm thick on a floured surface.
- Lubricate the middle layer of dough with fatty homemade sour cream.
- Top sour cream evenly lay out the cherries. If you really like sweet, you can a little sprinkle cherries with sugar.
- Now, from each edge of the dough formation, we make small cuts approximately 1 cm thick.
- Wrap the dough with a pigtail as shown in the picture.
- Reaching the edge, tails gently tuck inward.
- Put the finished cake on a greased baking sheet and put it in the oven.
- After about 30-35 minutes, get the pies out of the oven. Readiness test can be checked with a toothpick.
Shortbread Dainty Treat: Recipe
Such a delicacy will be a wonderful dessert on hot summer days, especially since, having stood in the fridge, the cake will only taste better. This recipe uses cherry jam, but you can easily replace it with fresh berries from your own garden.
- 120 g unsalted butter;
- 100 g of powdered sugar;
- zest of 1 lemon;
- 1 egg;
- 35 g almonds;
- 240 g of flour;
- ¼ Art. cherry jam;
- 220 g sour cream;
- 100 g of sugar.
- First you need to turn on the oven to heat 180 degrees.
- Now you need to mix together the zest of one lemon, butter and sugar until homogeneous with a mixer.
- After that, add 1 egg to the butter with sugar and beat again.
- Next, add flour in small portions and knead soft, but elastic dough. We remove it in the refrigerator.
- After 15-20 minutes, when the dough is enough to "rest", roll out a layer of it, a little longer than your baking pan in length and width.
- Baking mold generously grease around the edges with a piece of butter and spread the dough into it, forming the sides.
- In order for the dough to take the shape we need, we lay the peas wrapped in parchment paper on top. Of course, you can put any other press.
- We remove the baking dish in the oven for 13 minutes, then take out the load and bake another 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, the base for the cake is baked, you can do the preparation of the filling. To do this, beat together the sour cream and sugar until smooth, then add vanilla.
- Remove the prepared cake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature for a while.
- Then lay out sour cream in it and decorate with canned cherries.
- The cake turns out very tasty, especially the next day.
Cherry pie with sour cream will appeal to all lovers of sweets, especially since such a delicacy can be prepared at any time of the year. Try one of our proposed recipes, and enjoy your meal!