For many of us, the taste of “Potato” cake reminds of childhood. This delicacy does not lose its popularity because it is easy to prepare. Today we will tell you how to make a delicious cake "Potato" from cookies. The recipe for this pastry is very simple.
The peculiarity of this delicious, delicious and flavorful dessert is that it does not require baking in the oven. Almost all the ingredients are always in the fridge. By the way, the first mention of such a dessert is found in the 19th century. There is an opinion that the spouse of the Finnish poet Runeberg has become the author of the recipe for the “Potato” cake. She mixed crushed cookies with liquor. This delicacy is very surprised and had to taste her guests.
If this is the first time you are preparing a cake with the unpretentious and inconspicuous name "Potato", then you just need to familiarize yourself with the tips of experienced confectioners:
- any solid biscuit will be suitable for making a pastry: Jubilee, oatmeal or baked milk;
- whole cow's milk or condensed milk can be added to the cake, it all depends on individual taste preferences;
- In the composition of many recipes, "Potatoes" includes butter, so the cake must be properly cooled beforehand;
- if the mass sticks to the hands, they can be greased with melted butter or non-flavored vegetable oil;
- in order to impart exquisite taste and flavor to the "Potato", you can add cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, candied fruits, any nuts to the so-called dough;
- Cookies must be crushed without packaging, otherwise you may not notice how the residue will be polyethylene;
- for the cake mass to get a uniform consistency, milk and butter should be thoroughly whipped, and sifted chopped cookies;
- cakes can be rolled in coconut or nut, waffle chips, cocoa powder, chocolate;
- Cakes should always be stored in a cold place, otherwise they will lose their shape and can quickly deteriorate.
Cake "Potato": a recipe for cookies and condensed milk
With this recipe, a delicious dessert can be prepared in minutes. Do not forget that the biscuits must be fresh and must be thoroughly ground. The more homogeneous the mass, the tastier and more tender the "Potato" will turn out. You can make cakes of any size, and top them in coconut, waffle, and peanut chips.
- dry biscuits - 300 g;
- condensed milk -200 g;
- any ground nuts - 110 g;
- 4 tbsp. l cocoa powder;
- vanilla sugar to taste;
- butter - 130 g
- First you need to prepare all the ingredients. It is better to use creamy softened butter.
- In a separate container should crush the cookies to the consistency of crumbs. To do this, you can use the mortar.
- In a shallow bowl you need to combine cocoa powder and condensed milk. These components should be thoroughly mixed with a whisk or fork.
- In the crushed biscuits you need to put the creamy softened butter and thoroughly grind these ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, you must chop any nuts.
- All the above ingredients should be combined and thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous consistency mass is formed.
- From the resulting mass, you need to make cakes and put them on a dish.
- Cakes should be brewed in the refrigerator for about 1.5-2 hours, and then they can be served to the table with tea or juice.
Delicious "Potatoes" in milk
To prepare a delicious dessert in a hurry, you can use regular whole milk. You can increase or decrease the amount of granulated sugar depending on your taste preferences. To impart an extraordinary taste and flavor to the cake, you can add crushed marmalade, candied fruits or cinnamon powder to the mass.
- 1 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 1 tbsp. whole milk;
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. l .;
- any cookies - 350-400 g;
- 100 g of creamy softened butter.
- First you need to grind cookies to the consistency of crumbs. To make the mass more homogeneous, chopped cookies are recommended to sift through a fine sieve.
- Sugar and cocoa powder should be poured into a saucepan or saucepan.
- Taste qualities of the finished cake depend on the amount of cocoa. You can change the amount of this ingredient at your discretion.
- Whole fatty milk should be added to the dry ingredients. Then you need to put the pot or stew-pan on the stove and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring it constantly.
- Then in the milk mixture to put the cream softened butter. It should completely melt away.
- The mixture should be homogeneous, without lumps and sugar crystals.
- When the milky-oily mass has cooled, crushed biscuits should be poured into it in small portions.
- The mass for cakes should be thoroughly kneaded and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- From the cooled mass, it is necessary to mold the cakes and roll them in waffle chips or vanilla crumb.
Favorite delicacy of biscuits without condensed milk
For the preparation of a delicious cake "Potato", you can use cottage cheese or curd mass. The caloric content of one piece of this dessert will be approximately 100 Kcal. From such delicacies are unlikely to be abandoned by your household and friends.
- curd or curd mass - 200 g;
- 200 g of any cookie;
- 50 g of dried fruit;
- apple puree fresh - 150 g;
- Espresso coffee - 2 tbsp. l .;
- 1 tbsp. l rum or liquor;
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder;
- 2 tbsp. l cocoa powder.
- Cookies should be crushed to the state of crumbs. Weight should be as homogeneous as possible.
- In a separate container, mix the chopped cookies with the cinnamon powder.
- The resulting dry mass must be fried in a hot skillet without oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Prepared dried fruits for softening should be filled with boiling water and left for 5 minutes, then the water should be drained or put them in a colander.
- In a separate bowl, you must mix the cottage cheese or curd mass, applesauce, ground or instant coffee, fried cookies and rum (liqueur).
- Using a blender or whisk, all components should be thoroughly mixed to obtain a mass of uniform consistency.
- For taste, you can add a little vanilla sugar or essence.
- Cocoa powder should be poured into a shallow dish.
- Hands from the resulting mass must be molded cake and a good roll in cocoa.
- Cakes "Potato" should be laid out on a dressing or a dish and put in the refrigerator for 1.5-2 hours.
If you need to quickly prepare a delicious, hearty and original dessert, make the cake "Potato". Its taste is familiar and loved by many of us. If you take fresh cookies as a basis, then this dessert does not require baking at all. The main condition - to insist before serving to the table cake in the refrigerator. If there is butter in the recipe, then the cake should be served chilled, otherwise it will melt and the dessert will lose its original shape. From above, the cake can be decorated with any dried fruit, bread crumbs, wafer crumbs, coconut chips, etc. Everything depends on your imagination and taste preferences. Enjoy your meal!