Today in our menu cabbage pickled with beets. Fast food recipes and ways to serve this dish to the table are striking in their diversity. Many housewives add colorful and crispy cabbage to appetizers and salads, and as a separate dish, it is extraordinary tasty.
Tasty Culinary Tips
Marinating is one of the favorite ways of cooking cabbage with beets. And for this fit any cabbage - white, Brussels, color. Beetroot not only gives the dish an exquisite taste, but also saturates it with bright colors. And in order for the appetizer to be a success, let's listen to the advice of experienced chefs:
- the taste of the dish is determined by the marinade, which, as a rule, necessarily contains vinegar in its composition;
- if you are marinating cauliflower, you can add its essence instead of vinegar: you will need a tablespoonful of 3 liters of liquid;
- To add a sweet and sour taste to the dish, add apple vinegar;
- chop vegetables better with a figure knife - so the dish will turn out beautiful and festive;
- cabbage and beets are ideally combined to taste with fresh and Korean carrots;
- garlic gives vegetables a savory taste and a unique aroma.
Now you can safely go to the kitchen to create your culinary masterpiece. Let's start?
Bright appetizer of pickled vegetables
We present the recipe for marinated instant cabbage with beet pieces. This appetizer will be ready in two days, and the process of marinating itself will not take you much time. To give the dish a sharp note, add garlic and spices. Tip: cabbage is better to take medium size, and forks should be dense.
- 2 kg of white cabbage;
- 3 carrots;
- 2 medium sized beets;
- 10 pieces. garlic cloves;
- 1.5 liters of filtered water;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 200 ml of vinegar;
- 3 tbsp. l salt;
- to taste allspice.
- Since the marinade we need cold, let's start cooking the dish with it. Pour filtered water into the saucepan, add granulated sugar and table salt. Bring to a boil, pour in the right amount of vinegar, stir, boil for a moment and set aside from the stove.
- Cabbage cut into medium-sized pieces and lay out its part in a separate pan so that it forms one layer.
- Garlic cloves are cleaned and cut into plates, and then spread over the cabbage.
- Beets and carrots peeled and cut into slices, too. Put some of the vegetables in the pan as follows.
- Now you need to make a layer of the remaining cabbage, and put carrots on top with beets. You can make these several layers, if there were vegetables.
- Add fragrant pepper to the cooled marinade and pour our vegetables with it.
- Cover the saucepan with a plate and place the press on top. To do this, you can use a regular jar of water. This simple action will help vegetables thoroughly soak.
- After two days the cabbage will be ready.
Crispy cabbage with beets in Korean
Cabbage with beets and instant garlic is considered a versatile snack, ideal for everyday and festive table. The dish is nourishing and tasty. To give vegetables sharp notes, some housewives add chili peppers, the main thing here is not to overdo it with its quantity.
- 3 kg of white cabbage;
- 2 heads of garlic;
- 250 g of beets;
- 250 g carrots;
- 100 ml of refined vegetable oil;
- 5 tsp. salt;
- 200 ml of vinegar;
- 1 l of filtered water;
- 170 grams of sugar.
- We wash the cabbage and cut it into small squares.
- Beets need to be peeled and cut into thin slices.
- Wash carrots, dry and peel. We rub it on a grater of a large size.
- Garlic peeled and cut into medium cubes.
- Spread layers of vegetables in a large saucepan. You can arrange the vegetables in any order, but the last layer lay out the cabbage.
- To prepare the marinade, mix sugar with vinegar and vegetable oil. Water is brought to a boil and poured into the sugar-vinegar mixture.
- Stir well and pour the marinade vegetables.
- Cover the pot and set the oppression. Leave the vegetables at room temperature for two or three days soak, and then lay out the banks and store in the refrigerator.
Cauliflower for the winter table
Consider a recipe for cauliflower salting with instant beets. All ingredients in the recipe are based on a jar with a capacity of one liter.
- 1 cauliflower forks;
- 1 medium sized beets;
- 1 laurel leaf;
- ½ tsp coriander or peppercorns;
- 1 tbsp. l salt;
- 1 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 2 tbsp. l vinegar 9%;
- filtered water.
- Cabbage is washed and dried, and then disassembled into inflorescences. Scald cabbage with boiling water and dip in cold water. We spread on a colander to get rid of excess fluid.
- Beets are peeled and cut into beautiful straws.
- Sterilize jars and lay out vegetables and spices in layers: first a little beet, then cabbage, bay leaf, etc. The last layer should be the beet. Do not forget to put coriander or pepper peas.
- Now you need to add sugar, salt and vinegar, and then pour boiling water to fill the jars.
- Cover the jars with a lid and sterilize them for five minutes, then roll them up and leave them upside down, until they cool down.
Delicious blue cabbage stew
Cabbage with beets can not only be pickled, but also cooked in the form of a tasty stew. We take the blue cabbage, but this dish turns out delicious and with the usual white cabbage.
- 0.4 kg of blue cabbage;
- 2-3 small beets;
- 1-2 onions;
- to taste garlic cloves;
- 0.3 st. apple cider vinegar;
- ½ tbsp. filtered water;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oils;
- to taste the spice mix.
- Onions and garlic cloves clean, chop finely and fry in vegetable oil.
- Shred cabbage and rub beets on a medium grater.
- When the onion becomes rich golden hue, lay out the cabbage to it and fry for a few minutes.
- Now add beets to the pan, stir, fry for 2-3 minutes and pour in water and apple vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Tomim vegetables about half an hour, not forgetting to stir.
- We fill the finished dish with sour cream and serve it to the table.
Cabbage with beets is a very healthy dish, striking in its taste and bright colors. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!