Spicy cabbage with vinegar will be a great addition to almost any holiday table or a simple dinner with your family. It is not only very tasty, but also a light appetizer, for the preparation of which the simplest set of products is used. If you wish, you can cook delicious cabbage with vinegar and garlic for the winter to diversify the family dinner or treat unexpected guests.
Cabbage with garlic and vinegar: a classic recipe
- Bay leaf - 3-4 pcs.
- 9% vinegar - 2 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 225-250 g
- Salt - 1.75-2 Art. l
- Sugar - 130-150 g
- Water - about 1 l
- Red pepper - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Carrots - 1-2 pcs.
- Cabbage - about 3 kg
- First, take the cabbage and remove all the top leaves, as they are not useful to us, and then cut into squares.
- We wash well and clean the carrots, chop them (you can chop carrots in any shape, everything depends on personal preferences).
- In a deep bowl, mix carrots and cabbage, add red pepper, garlic (pre-crushed using a press), add bay leaf.
- All mix well and transfer the resulting vegetable mass in a clean jar.
- Now we begin to cook the pickle, thanks to which the finished cabbage will be crispy and very tasty.
- Pour water into the dipper (approximately 1 l) and place it on the stove. As soon as the water begins to boil, we introduce salt, vegetable oil, sugar, and also vinegar.
- Ready brine pour cabbage and close the jar lid.
- Next, leave the cabbage for a while until it cools to room temperature (about a few hours), after which it is placed in the refrigerator overnight.
- Using this recipe, you can still cook and incredibly tasty cauliflower with garlic.
Marinated cabbage with beets
If you like the previous recipe, but you want to diversify it a bit, then you should consider the following option of cooking pickled cabbage with garlic, vinegar and beets.
- Garlic - about 1 head
- 9% vinegar - 90-100 g
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
- Sunflower oil - 90-110 g
- Salt - 1.25-1.5 st. l
- Sugar - 90-100 g
- Water - about 500 g
- Beets - 1-1.5 pcs.
- Carrots - 2-3 pieces.
- Cabbage - 1.25-1.5 kg
- First, take the cabbage and clean from all the upper sheets, as we no longer need them.
- Prepared cabbage cut into squares.
- We wash carrots, peel them, then chop them on a coarse grater (carrots cut into strips will do).
- We take beets and wash them thoroughly, after which we peel and, like carrots, cut into strips.
- In a deep bowl, mix the prepared vegetables and transfer them to the pan, add the minced garlic through a press.
- Now we begin to make marinade - we mix water, salt, sugar, bay leaf, vegetable oil separately.
- Put the mixture on the stove and bring to a boil, after which the resulting brine pour the cabbage and cover the saucepan with vegetables lid.
- Leave the vegetables exactly for a day.
- After the specified time, the most delicious pickled cabbage with garlic, vinegar and beet is fully prepared.
- If you like spicy snacks, then during cooking add some chili pepper to the marinade, which will add extra spice to the cabbage.
Quick cabbage: 4 cooking options
Prepare a delicious cabbage with vinegar can be a few simple recipes.
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp. l
- 9% vinegar - 1 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 90-100 g
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Carrots - 2-3 pieces.
- Coarse salt - 0.5 tbsp. l
- White cabbage - 1 kg
- First, take the cabbage, removing all the upper leaves, cut it into strips.
- Carrots are well washed, peeled and crushed with a large grater.
- Peel the garlic and pass through the press.
- All prepared vegetables are transferred to a deep enough saucepan (if you wish, you can use a bowl).
- In a separate container, we make brine - dissolve salt and sugar in water, add vegetable oil, and in the end, add vinegar. All components are well mixed.
- Put the dipper with the brine on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- As soon as the marinade boils, remove from the heat and pour the vegetable mixture.
- Cover the cabbage with a lid (if you put it in a bowl, you can cover it with a larger plate, turning it upside down), and put the oppression on top.
- Leave the cabbage in a warm place for about 6 hours.
- After the specified time, salted cabbage is fully prepared and can be served at the table.
- Salt - 1.5-2 Art. l
- Sugar - 0.75-1 Art. l
- Vegetable oil - 1/3 Art. l
- 9% vinegar - 90-100 g
- Beets - 2 pcs.
- Cabbage - about 2 kg.
- Carrots - 2-3 pieces.
- First, prepare the cabbage - chop its thin straws (if desired, you can grind with a blender, but not too small).
- Beets and carrots are washed, peeled, then crushed on a grater (large).
- We shift all the vegetables in a deep saucepan and carefully knead with hands until the juice begins to stand out.
- Now we make the marinade - in a separate scoop we mix vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Put the mixture on the stove and leave for a while until it boils.
- Fill all the vegetables with ready-made pickle and cover with a plate on top, place the load on it.
- After about 5 hours, the snack will be fully prepared and can be served.
- Peas - 2-3 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt large - 2 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp. l
- Carrots - 500 g
- Beets - 500 g
- Cabbage - 1 head (about 1-1.5 kg)
- We take cabbage and cut it into 8 approximately equal parts, remove the core, since it will no longer be useful to us.
- Washed and peeled carrots with beets grind grated (large).
- We shift all the vegetables into the saucepan, and in the meantime we begin to cook the marinade.
- In a separate scoop we mix vinegar, vegetable oil, coarse salt, as well as sugar, add peas and bay leaves.
- As soon as the brine boils, remove it from the stove and pour it into a saucepan with vegetables.
- Leave the cabbage under the yoke for about 8 hours.
- After the specified time the appetizer is fully prepared and you can serve it to the table.
- Cabbage - about 3 kg.
- Coarse salt - 2-2.5 st. l
- Acetic essence - 2-2.5 st. l
- Black pepper peas - a few pieces.
- Red ground pepper - 1 tsp.
- Garlic - 1 head
- Carrot - 500 g
- First, shred cabbage.
- Grind carrots on a coarse grater, pass garlic through a press.
- Carrots mix with peppers and garlic
- Making brine - pour simple water into a scoop (1 tbsp.) And dissolve salt, sugar, acetic acid in it. Put the mixture on the stove and leave for a while until it boils.
- Lay the cabbage and a mixture of carrots, peppers and garlic in a deep saucepan.
- Pour the ready brine and put the oppression on top of the cabbage.
- In the event that you make enough pickle and it will not cover the cabbage, do not worry, as it will let a lot of juice after a couple of hours.
- Insist on this snack you need during the day.
- Ready salad can be stored in the refrigerator for quite a long period of time, spreading it into separate jars.
Tender cabbage with vinegar and oil
The cabbage prepared according to the following recipe is very tasty and tender:
- Garlic - 1-2 teeth
- Sugar - ½ tsp.
- Fine salt - ½ tsp.
- Apple vinegar - about 20 g
- Vegetable oil - 110-120 g
- Onions - 1-1.5 pcs.
- Carrot - 250-300 g
- Fresh cabbage - 650-750g
- First, we prepare cabbage - we remove all the top leaves, since they are no longer needed. Then chop the cabbage finely (you can use a blender, but do not chop the cabbage very finely).
- Peel the onion from the husk and cut into thin half-rings.
- Wash, peel and grind grated (large) carrots.
- We shift carrots, cabbage, onions into a separate bowl - we mix all the components well.
- Now we are doing a dressing for the salad - mix vinegar, vegetable oil, chopped garlic (it is best to let it through the press), add salt and sugar. All components are thoroughly mixed.
- Fill the vegetables with the ready dressing and again mix everything.
- Leave the cabbage for about 20 minutes so that it can marinate.
- After this time, the cabbage salad with vinegar and vegetable oil is fully prepared and can be served.
Variants of cabbage salad with vinegar are plentiful! You can opt for a recipe in the winter, which is prepared using hot pickle, or vegetables quick salting. The latter will be ready within 4-6 hours. Cabbage salad perfectly diversifies your daily table, and the festive menu is perfect as a snack.