In India, it is believed that by treating a person with sweets, we offer him our respect, sympathy, respect and joy. By offering food, we thereby serve others, fulfilling our true spiritual destiny.
Burfi is a popular and beloved Vedic sweetness that has many different variations. We will look at a recipe that will help us cook burfi for 15 minutes.
The composition of Burfi:
- butter - 200 g
- sugar - 200 g
- sour cream - 200 g
- vanilla sugar - 1 sachet (15 g)
- dry milk - 400-500 g
- Cashew (other nuts) - 200-300 g
Burfi preparation method:
Long since burfi was prepared from whole milk, which was cooked for a long time. Milk gradually became viscous, and then turned into a solid mass. To prepare such a burfi you need a lot of milk and a lot of time, so we will use dry milk (if you do not find dry milk, you can replace it with dry cream).
- To begin with, melt the butter in a pan and add sugar to it. Stir the mass thoroughly until it starts to bubble. As soon as this happened, put sour cream. Mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps and clots. Bring the resulting mixture to a foamy state and remove from heat.
- Now pour the mass in a bowl for whipping. You can use a mixer, combine or shake hands. While whipping, we gradually add powdered milk and vanilla sugar.
- The mass must be whipped to thick dense state. If it is liquid enough, add some more dry milk.
- The resulting mixture is laid out in a form (or a flat dish). Above we fall asleep cashew nuts, pressing them into a mass of fingertips. You can also use almonds, after soaking it in water for an hour, or pumpkin seeds.
Then we send our creation to the refrigerator for 1 hour, or to the freezer for 20 minutes. Take out, cut into cubes.
See also: How to cook halavah?
Wonder sweetness is ready! You can sprinkle it with sesame or coconut.
Burfy is a great way to surprise loved ones and friends! Despite the fact that the composition of this sweet includes enough high-calorie foods, it is much more useful than the purchased candy. This is a wonderful vegetarian delicacy that improves your mood.