Buckwheat is recognized as traditional Russian porridge. Buckwheat is grown on the lands of Altai and Siberia. For a rich composition of vitamins and microelements, croup was named "royal". To its maximum benefit to the body, you need to properly prepare it. We offer a recipe called "buckwheat in a merchant with minced meat."
True Russian recipe
Buckwheat in a merchant's style is a true Russian dish. It harmoniously combines meat, flavors of cereals and vegetables, and the process of languishing in the oven simulates a Russian oven that has long gone down in history.
To buckwheat in a merchant with minced meat was crumbly, you need to choose the right cereal. Such should be homogeneous in its composition, without black inclusions. Before preparing the dish, it must be carefully selected so that there is no blackness left.
After that, the croup should be well washed first with warm and then cold water. You can steam buckwheat at night, Bay 2 tbsp. cereals 2 tbsp. boiling water. By morning, it is completely softened.
The dish is prepared according to the pilaf principle. First, fry vegetables and meat. Then the prepared ingredients are laid out on the pan and filled with water. After that, "semi-finished" goes to the oven.
Bucket buckwheat is usually cooked with large pieces of meat (pork, chicken, veal, beef), but it will be no less tasty with minced meat. Of course, this version of the dish is not typical of antiquity and is already a modern invention of cooking.
The advantage of the recipe with minced meat is that the fat from the latter goes completely into the grits and makes it more nutritious. The option of porridge with minced meat is preferable for older people who find it difficult to chew large pieces. Optionally, you can add vegetables to the dish. So, we start to cook.
Buckwheat in merchants with minced meat and mushrooms: a recipe with photos
- 3 tbsp. buckwheat;
- 0.3 kg of minced pork;
- 0.2 kg of mushrooms;
- 1 pc. bulbs and carrots;
- 0.2 l of cream;
- 3 pcs. tomatoes;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. l mustard;
- 3 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. meat seasoning;
- sunflower oil;
- If the specified ratios of ingredients for cooking are not suitable, they can be reduced, increased or taken in a different proportion.
- Rinse the tomatoes with boiling water and peel.
- Pour buckwheat with hot water and let it brew well.
- Peel carrots, mushrooms and onions and finely chop. To do this, you can use a mixer or a food processor.
- Put the minced meat in a frying pan, pour in a little oil and fry with vegetables and mushrooms until excess moisture is removed from it.
- To make the sauce, blend the tomatoes, cream, mustard, soy sauce and eggs. The consistency of the dressing should be uniform and similar to sour cream.
- Add the sauce in the mince and simmer until all the ingredients are ready to eat.
- Throw buckwheat in a colander, then put a third of the cereal in a heat-resistant dish.
- Next, lay in layers: minced, again buckwheat, minced, etc.
- Send the dish to the oven and simmer for a quarter of an hour at a temperature of 170-180 degrees.
- Turn off the oven and let the porridge brew for another quarter of an hour.
One little secret in cooking this dish is able to make it even tastier: you can sprinkle grated cheese before serving it in the oven.
Cooking "merchant" dish in the crock-pot
If you do not have an oven or you do not want to ensure that the porridge does not burn or boil soft, entrust the preparation of the slow cooker. The quality of the dishes from this will not change.
- 2 tbsp. buckwheat;
- 2.5 Art. water;
- 2 tbsp. tomato juice;
- 0.2 kg chicken fillet;
- 1 pc. bulbs and carrots;
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oils;
- Wash the meat and chop into cubes.
- Wash carrots and onions too and chop them.
- Pour some oil into the bowl.
- Set the mode for baking or frying for 20 minutes.
- First, put the meat in the bowl and fry for a few minutes.
- Add vegetables and continue cooking.
- Salt, sprinkle with seasoning.
- Add buckwheat, pour water and juice from tomatoes.
- Find a mode suitable for stewing or cooking porridge. Set it to 40 minutes.
- After the sound signal, turn on the heating mode and leave the porridge in the slow cooker for another hour. This part of the process is optional, but will allow buckwheat to be completely boiled soft and will make the dish even more crumbly and tasty.
Royal dish for the festive table
Buckwheat in a traditional way is traditionally cooked with pieces of meat. If large chunks are unacceptable for you, but you do not want to make a dish with minced meat, you can finely chop the pork as a compromise.
- 3 tbsp. buckwheat;
- 0.5 kg of pork;
- 2 pcs. bulbs and carrots;
- vegetable oil;
- Pork arbitrarily chop into slices.
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- In a cast iron skillet or cauldron pour a little vegetable oil and put the prepared ingredients.
- Fry the meat, onion and carrot until soft.
- Buckwheat lay on top of meat and vegetables.
- Pour water and boil for 20 minutes. Water volume should be 2 times more than buckwheat. However, this volume is arbitrary: the main thing is that the croup does not burn.
- Preheat the oven and send the half-cooked dish to it.
- Turn off the oven and keep the porridge warm for another 30 minutes.
If the cereal before cooking fry in a dry form in a hot frying pan, you can get even more tasty and crumbly porridge.
Buckwheat in a merchant's style is an interesting and unique Russian dish that can quickly saturate the body and give it a maximum of useful substances. Careful adherence to cooking technology will make it not only nutritious, but royally tasty.