Many of us just love smoked meats and other delicacies. But the benefits of smoked shop production is highly questionable. The fact is that the aroma and spicy taste present in these products is associated primarily with the presence of phenol and carbonyl compounds in them. Which exit? Everything is very simple: you can cook smoked sausages using traditional technology at home.
So, boiled smoked bacon is one of the cold appetizers, which you can easily make at home, because the recipe for its preparation is very simple.
How to choose the right meat?
In order for the exit dish to be tender, juicy and fragrant, it is necessary, first of all, to choose the right meat:
- brisket should be quite meaty, so that the finished product turned out to be less fat and more fragrant, because the meat is more quickly soaked with spices than fat;
- the fat on the brisket should be white, the presence of yellowness indicates that the product is spoiled or it has been frozen many times;
- choose meat with no bone or with a small bone that has a fresh, clean smell and a dark red color.
Brisket - cooked smoked: onion peel cooking recipe
Ways to cook brisket quite a lot. Today we will talk about the simplest of them, which will be the power of even the novice hostess.
- pork (brisket) - 1 kg;
- smoked sausage (can be replaced with wings) - 100 g;
- garlic - 1-2 heads;
- salt - 4 tbsp. l .;
- onion peel - 5 tbsp. l .;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- ground pepper - to taste;
- parsley (parsley root is possible) - 100-150 g;
- bay leaf, coriander, mustard seeds - to taste.
- Take a piece of loin and rinse in cold water.
- Dry the meat with a paper towel.
- Peel the garlic and slice it, stuff the meat with it, after making small cuts in it.
- Next you need to wash the onion peel and lay it on the bottom of the pan. There you also need to add parsley, pepper, bay leaf.
- Put the bacon in the pan (surely up the pelt). It is necessary to cut the rings of smoked sausage and put in a saucepan directly on the meat.
- Separately boil water and let it cool for a while.
- After that, pour the bacon so that it is a couple of centimeters under water. To keep the meat from floating up, use a press: place a plate with a load on top.
- Cover the pot and set on fire.
- Wait until the water boils, and then add honey, salt and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and cook brisket for another hour and a half.
- At this time, prepare a plaster: mix the garlic, coriander, mustard and pepper.
- After 1.5 hours, remove the brisket, lay it on a dry surface and rub with a coat. Wrap the meat in foil and place it under the press.
- Once the meat has cooled, remove it from the press and put it in the fridge for a day.
Breast, cooked in this way, it turns out very delicate and fragrant. Such a dish will bring a lot of pleasure to your family, and guests who have tasted this treat will surely not disregard the culinary art of the hostess.
How to cook bacon without onion peel at home?
Onion husks are used to give the meat a pleasant golden hue. However, there are recipes in which this ingredient does not apply. We offer you another simple method of cooking brisket without onion peels.
- pork loin;
- ground red and black pepper;
- coriander, clove, bay leaf;
- Prepare the meat: wash, dry with a paper towel.
- Of the remaining ingredients, prepare the mixture, carefully mixing them together.
- Rub the bacon with the mixture, put it in a pan or tray and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning we get out, each piece (if there are several of them) is carefully wrapped with cling film and put into a regular plastic bag.
- We release all the air from the bag and tie it well.
- Dip bacon in the pan, pour cold water and put on the stove.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn off, give the water to cool. Take out the meat, remove the film, wrapped in foil and put in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Your brisket is ready. Enjoy your meal!
A few words about smoked meats
Many housewives to give the bacon a special flavor of smoked meats in the recipe of cooking add liquid smoke. At this time, there is a lot of controversy over whether the use of this smoke flavor is absolutely safe for health. Here opinions differ dramatically. Some people believe that liquid smoke is a natural product that not only gives the taste and aroma of smoked food to dishes, but also prolongs their shelf life.
However, many manufacturers add various dyes and chemical compounds to this flavor, which, naturally, does not make it more beneficial for you and our health.
In any case, to use this additive or not - an individual choice of each. After all, we remember: all nutritionists hold a consensus that smoked products in a person’s diet should appear no more than 2 times a month. That is, if you eat dishes prepared in this way, only from time to time, your body does not respond.
But note that cooked smoked bacon, cooked at home without any questionable additives, not only is not inferior in its taste to the store smoked foods, but also has a much more delicate flavor.
Cook with pleasure and be healthy!