Such fish can be cooked in different ways. But one of the favorite choices of many housewives is braised pollock, a recipe with onions and carrots of which we suggest you take note. This is another simple, but, nevertheless, quite sophisticated way to “figure out” delicious food, spending a minimum of time.
Despite the lack of a pronounced taste, pollock is a very popular dish on the tables of Russians. Fish goes well with vegetables, herbs, sauces and spices, and if desired, it can be used to cook a wide variety of dishes.
Especially good braised pollock with onions and carrots. It turns out very juicy, fragrant and bright in taste thanks to simple ingredients that are always at hand. Well, if we talk about the benefits, then the use of such fish at least 2 times a week contributes to the fact that the body receives the necessary amount of phosphorus, potassium, iodine and fluorine.
Recipe for stewed pollock with carrots and onions
Fish prepared in this way retains a maximum of nutrients and trace elements. Very good, this dish complements the side dish of mashed potatoes with fresh herbs.
- 1 kg of pollock (about 4 medium carcasses);
- 3 large onions;
- 3 carrots;
- 30 ml odorless vegetable oil;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- salt pepper.
- Prepared fish carcass cut in portions.
- Grate carrots, chop onions into cubes or half rings.
- In deep dishes, heat 30 ml of oil and fry the slices (approximately 2 minutes on each side). As a result, a crust should form that will prevent the fish from falling apart.
- Fry carrots and onions, add them to the contents of the dish. Salt and pepper all ingredients.
- Pour in to the fish 1 tbsp. warm water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
Juicy fish in cream sauce
The fish turns out very juicy and fragrant, at the same time, the more onions and carrots you use, the tastier you will get the "main character" of the dish.
- 2 medium pollock carcasses;
- 2 onions;
- 3 carrots;
- thick cream;
- Cut the prepared fish into pieces about 3 fingers thick.
- Pour odorless vegetable oil (about 4 tbsp) into a frying pan, heat it, reduce heat and put fish pieces.
- Put sliced onions and grated carrots on top of the slices. Ideally, they should completely cover the pollock chunks.
- All salt and pour the cream, if necessary, leveling vegetables with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the fish for 35-40 minutes.
- Replacing cream with sour cream is not recommended. It will add sourness to the finished dish, which is not needed here at all.
To prepare this dish, it is best to use a cauldron or a thick-walled pot. This will reduce the time by almost 2 times.
- 700 g of pollock fillet;
- 3 onions;
- 4 tbsp. l flour;
- 2 carrots;
- 3 sweet peppers (optional);
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 4 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 50 ml of unscented vegetable oil.
- Dip fish fillets in flour. Flour do not regret.
- Heat the pan and fry the pieces of fish to a golden crust to preserve its juiciness and tenderness.
- Fry carrots with onions separately.
- Put the fried fillet in a pan, spasserovanye vegetables, pepper, cut into strips, and tomato paste, diluted in half a cup of warm water.
- Reduce the fire to a minimum, cover the dishes with a lid and stew for at least 20 minutes.
The basis of the dish is a traditional Algerian marinade - chermula, which is amazingly combined with fish compositions. It includes very fragrant herbs, garlic, zira and other ingredients that collectively make the taste just amazing.
- 2 tsp. Chermly;
- 25 ml of wine vinegar;
- 400 grams of pollock;
- 300 ml of water;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 200 g of onions (it is better to use red lettuce varieties);
- 200 g carrots;
- 250 grams of tomatoes;
- ¼ Art. finely chopped parsley;
- 45 ml of olive oil;
- Prepare the marinade for the fish: add parsley, butter, crushed garlic, vinegar and press, and beat everything well with a fork.
- Immerse the fish cut into pieces into the finished marinade and soak it for half an hour.
- Fry the chopped onions and grated carrots until golden brown, then add the sliced tomatoes and pour in the water.
- Stew vegetables for 5 minutes and lay pollack along with the marinade.
- Cover everything with a lid and simmer on low heat for about half an hour.
Pollock stewed with onions, carrots and mayonnaise
The fish prepared according to this recipe is a great alternative to fried pollock. The dish is very delicate, very fragrant and incredibly beautiful.
- 1 kg of pollock;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 200 g of mayonnaise;
- 100 g of water;
- Bay leaf;
- 10 black peppercorns;
- Wash the fish and cut it into pieces.
- Carrots cut into thin circles, onions - rings and half rings.
- Pour butter into a frying pan and spread the mugs of carrots and onions, put the pollock pieces on top.
- Mayonnaise dissolve in warm boiled water and fill them with fish and vegetables. Cover and simmer on the smallest fire for 20 minutes.
- After this time, add a couple of bay leaves, peppercorns and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Be sure to add to your notebook culinary ideas on cooking stewed with carrots and onion pollock. A simple dish can be prepared in just half an hour. And given the value of fish for our body, you need to include it in the menu at least once a week.