Many of the inhabitants of our country, like Honorable Darya Petrovna, the cook of Professor Preobrazhensky from the ever-relevant story of Mikhail Bulgakov's “The Heart of a Dog”, perfectly prepare vodka themselves. Different technologies are used in this age-old tradition. Consider one of these when using mash from wheat without yeast for moonshine.
Brewing: general aspects
All watched the movie "moonshakers". The moral of the time is relevant to this day, but in the case of preparing a product for personal consumption in order to surprise and please the guests at the festive table with homemade vodka, tincture or liquor, this is quite acceptable and even to some extent prestigious.
The centuries-old tradition of making homemade vodka has enriched and diversified a complex technological process, which in short can be represented as follows:
- Harvesting and selection of raw materials.
- Stage of fermentation.
- Distillation stage.
- "Rectification" - the procedure for purification of the product.
- "Refining" is the final stage of fine cleaning and bringing the desired taste, aromatic and color qualities into the product.
In our case, it is necessary to build the process of preparing the desired product with changes in the fermentation stage. He is the manufacture of home-brew from the mash on wheat without the use of yeast. The use of wheat and the rejection of the additional introduction of yeast in the manufacture of home brew contribute to an increase in the quality of the final product.
Due to the absence of extra components at the fermentation stage, the moonshine from cereals turns out to be of excellent quality and is distinguished by a soft taste, a reduced amount of harmful substances.
The recipe for high-quality wheat brew without yeast
The process of preparing raw materials plays one of the leading roles in the preparation of home-grown sproutless wheat yeast-free moonshine. Good malt is the basis of a decent cereal drink. As a result of germination, the resulting enzymes accelerate the transition of starch into sugar.
- wheat grain - 4 kg;
- granulated sugar - 4 kg;
- drinking water - 30 l.
- To begin with, we sort the grain and remove the garbage.
- Next, we soak it: we pound the kilogram of the selected grain in an even layer into the container and fill it with water so that the liquid is 2-3 cm above the level of wheat.
- Then cover with a lid and place in a dark place.
- After some time, sprouts and roots will appear.
- Add 0.5 kg of sugar to the container with germinated grain and mix. If the mass is too thick, you can add water.
- We cover the container, making it impossible for garbage and flies with bugs to enter it, and put it in a warm place for 8-10 days.
- As soon as the starter is ready, pour it into a glass bottle and add 3 kg of grain, 3.5 kg of sugar, and then pour it with water.
- We place the container under the water gate, thereby ensuring the removal of gases and preventing air from entering.
- Braga for 7 days set in a room with room temperature up to 24 °.
- Upon completion of the fermentation processes, the mash is ready for further transformation into moonshine.
Exquisite strong homemade drink
Consider another way of making moonshine from wheat and sugar without yeast:
- Using the starter from the above recipe, we prepare the mash, but somewhat faster.
- Germinated grain should be dried in the oven and grind.
- The total weight of wheat must also be crushed to flour.
- In the same proportions mix flour and sugar and pour water. When adding water, thorough mixing is required so that no lumps form.
- Capacity set in a warm place.
- The fermentation process lasts for four days.
- Ready-made braga can be immediately used for its intended purpose, but experts recommend subjecting it to a filtration and purification procedure. This will lead to a decrease in undesirable components in the finished product of the first stage.
This drink is also distinguished by its strength and exquisite taste. Prepare it easy:
- First of all, you need to grind 4 kg of wheat food varieties and mix with a kilogram of sugar.
- The mixture should be poured three liters of water and leave in a warm place for 5 days.
- Next you need to add another 5 kg of sugar and two buckets of water. Continue insisting about eight days.
- We control the taste of home brew. So, mature mash has a bitter taste.
- We filter the finished brago and double over.
- To the waste add 5 kg of sugar, 8 liters of warm water and defend up to 10 days. And then it needs to be decanted and overtaken twice.
Tips experienced veterans
To achieve success in the difficult case of home brewing from wheat grain you need to be sufficiently savvy master. One of the main requirements is respect for proportions. Of great importance is also the selection of raw materials and its preparation. Muddy and foul-smelling liquid instead of the expected drink - the result of miscalculations and neglect of technology at the stages of the production of moonshine.
Let's replenish the piggy bank of knowledge of the bootlegger with some tips:
- in the long-standing braga the concentration of harmful impurities is high;
- ready braga does not have a sweet taste;
- the time of its ripening should be correctly determined, since over-ripened mash will reduce the quality of the product, and the immature - its quantity;
- an average of 1 kg of sugar is obtained 1 liter of moonshine;
- in the process of driving, the alcohol content in the mash decreases, as does the amount of impurities;
- in the first stream goes pervak with a large amount of harmful components - about 50 ml per 1 kg of sugar in braga, you can not drink it;
- at the end of the process, there are "tails" in the amount of 100 ml per 1 kg of sugar (the strength of the moonshine is less than 50%), they are also not suitable for drinking;
- an increase in the number of hauls increases the strength of the drink, but you will not get alcohol by distillation;
- cleaning with potassium permanganate, activated charcoal and charcoal, egg white, milk, freezing helps to improve the color and smell of moonshine;
- dilute too strong drink to the required level can be distilled water;
- in the design of moonshine there is no place for ordinary rubber, since moonshine is a chemically active substance.
The preparation of high-quality home-brew from wheat grain is a laborious and complex process, but following certain rules and conditions, as well as using various cleaning methods, it is possible to obtain an excellent and harmless drink of a decent level.