Borsch is a classic dish of Slavic cuisine. It consists of the most simple and affordable ingredients, but the taste and nutritional properties of the miracle are so good! Each hostess should know how to cook borsch with beets and fresh cabbage so that it turned out perfect: moderately thick, tasty and rich in color.
In any traditional borscht includes vegetables such as carrots, onions, fresh cabbage, beets, potatoes. This combination of ingredients is nonrandom and has health benefits. So, cabbage improves body tone, beets cleans the intestines well, other vegetables are also rich in vitamins and minerals and are perfectly combined with each other.
Borsch with beetroot and fresh cabbage
Step-by-step recipe will help you cook the "real" borscht. After all, it is no secret that many housewives do not like to cook it just because in the process the bright red color of the dish is lost. But there are some basic rules, observing that you keep a rich shade.
- 300 g pork;
- 1 onion;
- 1 beet;
- 1 carrot;
- 4 potatoes;
- 400 grams of cabbage;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt pepper.
- The main secret of tasty borscht is rich broth. To make it exactly like this, boil the meat in a solid piece for 1.5 hours, filling it with cold water. After this time, the piece is taken out of the broth, the flesh is cut from the bone, again lowered into the pan and the vegetables are reported.
- First send the potatoes. It will cook for about half an hour, so it is better to cut it into large slices so that it does not turn into mashed potatoes.
- 10 minutes after the potatoes lay chopped cabbage.
- Grate raw beets on a coarse grater and stew on low heat for about 15 minutes, sprinkling with citric acid or vinegar to keep the color.
- Beets lay in the soup 10 minutes after the cabbage, about 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Onions finely cut, carrot rubbed on a grater and passer. In the pan melt the butter and on the smallest fire they cook vegetables until the carrots are soft and the onions are transparent. Thanks to this, they retain their flavor and aroma. Zazharku put in borsch with beets.
- Salt, pepper, spices and garlic (it is best to grind it in a mortar with salt) lay in the first 5 minutes before readiness.
- Ideally, the finished dish should be allowed to brew for about 2 hours. If you do not intend to wait so much time, then let it stand for at least 20-30 minutes so that it becomes richer in taste.
If you add a little bit of bacon with garlic in the first one, it will turn out rich, nourishing and surprisingly tasty.
- 500 grams of pork or beef on the bone;
- 400 grams of cabbage;
- 300 grams of potatoes;
- 250 g of beets;
- 2-3 medium tomatoes;
- 100 g tomato paste;
- 50 grams of salted pork fat;
- 3-4 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- salt, spices.
- Pour a whole piece of meat with cold water, wait until it boils, reduce the burner flame to a minimum and cook for 1.5 hours, periodically removing the resulting foam.
- After 1.5 hours, remove the bone with meat, strain the broth if necessary. Separate the flesh from the bones, cut and put back into the broth.
- To the meat pulp, put chopped potatoes, cabbage (vegetables should be cut large) and cook for 20 minutes.
- While potatoes and cabbage are boiling, take care of the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the beets: cut them with medium straw, pour 1 tbsp. broth, add to it 1 tbsp. l vinegar or 1 tsp. lemon juice and tomato paste. Together, simmer on low heat for 30 minutes, covering the saucepan with a lid.
- Chop the onion and fry until transparent over low heat in butter. At the end of frying add flour diluted in 0.5 tbsp. broth. Bring all to a boil and turn off the heat.
- After 20 minutes, lay the beets, onions, spices and cook until the potatoes are completely cooked.
- At the very end of cooking, literally 3-5 minutes before the finish, put in the borscht peeled skin and sliced tomatoes, pounded with lard and garlic and salt.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil, turn off the heat and be sure to let the dish stand for at least half an hour so that the aroma of spices and lard fully opens up.
- This soup is always served with sour cream and chopped greens.
Delicious soup with ribs
In this recipe, be sure to use only beef ribs to make the dish nourishing, especially tasty and rich.
- ½ kg beef ribs;
- 2 liters of water;
- 6 potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 1 onion;
- 1 beet;
- 600 grams of cabbage;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- 3 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 4 tbsp. l wine vinegar (can be replaced by apple);
- a small bunch of parsley;
- Cover the ribs with cold water and boil them for 5 minutes.
- Drain the resulting broth, rinse the meat from the remaining foam. Pour 2 liters of fresh cold water, bring to a boil, add finely chopped onions and cook, lowering the heat to a minimum of 40 minutes. Do not worry that the onions will be boiled: this is how it should be in this recipe.
- After 40 minutes, start laying the vegetables in the following sequence with an interval of 5 minutes: first cut potatoes large enough, then grated carrots, then cut pepper and spices, and at the very end cut the same straws as beets. Immediately pour in the vinegar.
- Cook all the ingredients on the smallest fire for exactly 5 minutes, then put the chopped cabbage and cook for 10 minutes.
- If after adding cabbage to the soup, foam appears on the surface, be sure to collect it.
- Next, add salt. If it seems to you that the dish is too sour, add sugar to achieve the desired taste.
- At the very end of cooking, place the garlic and greens in the borsch, stir, boil for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
- The main highlight of the traditional dish is a rich bright color and crispy cabbage with beets.
- How to cook red wort: recipes
- How to cook cabbage soup fresh?
- Cold marinated with beetroot
There is nothing tastier than the rich, flavorful borscht served at any time of the year! If you learn how to properly prepare the ingredients for it, this dish will surprise everyone with its rich taste and seductive color. Do not forget to submit separately to the soup sour cream and chopped greens.