Bolognese sauce - one of the most famous Italian sauces. The birthplace of the sauce is the Italian city of Bologna. It was the team of culinary specialists from the city of Bologna who presented the Bolognese at the Italian Academy of Cuisine.
In the official version of the sauce, the recipe is limited to the following ingredients: tomato paste, cream, red wine, beef, carrots, stalked celery, meat broth, onions and pancetta (Italian bacon).
The Bolognese sauce is prepared not only from these ingredients - it is possible to include other components in it, and also, on the contrary, to exclude something. In Italy, the Bolognese sauce is served, as a rule, with classic tagliatelle pasta or green lasagne. It can be served with mashed potatoes - but this is done in rare cases.
Bolognese is quite nourishing and easily digestible sauce, which can be served as a separate dish and as an extra to the main side dish. The Bolognese sauce recipe is not complicated, so you can easily cook it yourself in the home kitchen.
Spaghetti Bolognese sauce with milk at home
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Butter - 25 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 tooth.
- Celery root - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Bacon with pepper and spices - 85 g
- Minced meat (beef and pork) - 250 g
- Milk or low-fat cream - 300 ml
- Dry wine - 300 ml
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp.
- Canned tomatoes without skin in their own juice - 800 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flat macaroni - 350 g
- Hard cheese to taste
- Peel the garlic and finely chop it with a knife. Pour olive oil into a deep pan, add butter. Put the pot on the fire. Stir the oil in a saucepan with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted.
- Peel the carrot and grate it on a coarse grater.
- Finely chop the onion and celery.
- Add chopped vegetables, garlic and bacon to the pan with the warmed butter. Stir for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Vegetables should be cut very finely so that they dissolve completely during the stewing period.
- Add ground beef. Mix the stuffing so as not to form lumps - this is important, since the sauce should be homogeneous. Minced need to roast on high heat until brown crust.
- Pour the milk into the pan. Stir everything and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, stirring constantly. Milk should be absorbed into the meat. Pour in the wine, simmer for 15 minutes constantly stirring. Wine and milk should be poured in turns. During the stewing of minced meat in milk, and then in the wine stands out a fragrant cream sauce.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste to saucepan. Fill a jar of tomatoes with water and pour into a saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Increase the heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Mash the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Put the saucepan on the small hob, turn on the smallest fire, cover the pan with a lid, leaving a small hole. The sauce is prepared in this position for 2 hours, stirred every 20 minutes. When the sauce is ready, it should be brilliant and thick. Italian chefs stew Bolognese for 4 hours or even longer, although after 2 hours you can get a wonderful and tasty product.
- Turn off the heat, close the pan tightly and let the bolognaise brew. While the sauce is infused, cook the pasta.
- Pour most of the sauce onto the pasta. Stir the pasta and bolognese sauce with two large spoons, adding a little water from the pasta pan if the pasta looks dry.
- Pasta with bolognese served immediately after preparation. The remaining sauce is poured over the pasta. Finally, sprinkle the pasta with Bolognese sauce with grated parmesan. Also, pasta can be sprinkled with herbs.
How to make bolognese sauce: a simple recipe
- Minced pork - 500 g
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 tooth.
- Olive oil - for roasting
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp.
- Dry red wine - 3 tbsp.
- Water - 0.5 tbsp.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the onions, carrots and garlic.
- Grate the carrot on a coarse grater, finely chop the onion and squeeze the garlic through a press.
- Fry the vegetables in the heated olive oil until golden brown.
- Put mince to the vegetables, add spices. Stir mince with vegetables and fry.
- To roast minced meat add tomato paste, oregano, basil, pour in wine and water. Mix everything.
- Simmer bolognese on low heat, cover with lid for about 20 minutes.
- Bolognese sauce can be filled with dishes such as lasagna, tagliatelle, spaghetti and regular pasta.
Bolognese sauce - very tasty dressing. If you consider that your "sincere" homeland is Italy, then Bolognese sauce will become one of your favorite dishes.
Cook the sauce with pleasure, improvising and adding new ingredients, not forgetting the classic ones. Surprise the Bolognese of your friends and relatives, but do not overdo it, otherwise, they will live in your apartment and will constantly demand from you Italian delights!
Enjoy your meal!