There are vegetables, the presence of which in the diet we are so used to, that we use them only in a certain quality. This applies to beets, which is added mainly only to borscht and vinaigrettes. However, boiled beet salad is no less useful and tasty. Moreover, there are so many options for its preparation.
What will please the body boiled beets?
Burgundy root vegetable has long been valued for its unique properties. Vitamins and trace elements contained in beets, valuable ability to improve the quality of blood. In addition, beets practically do not lose their benefits after heat treatment and:
- balances the work of the stomach and intestines;
- beneficial effect on the work of the heart and blood vessels;
- cleans all body systems from toxins;
- improves metabolism.
In the diet of beets is one of the leading positions. She has virtually no contraindications to use - with the exception of people suffering from diabetes. A low calorie - only 49 calories - allows you to include dishes with root vegetables in the menu of all those who are closely watching their weight.
Principles of cooking beet salads
In addition to undeniable benefits, beets have another incredible advantage: it combines perfectly with a variety of products:
- other vegetables;
And cooking salads with beets is a pleasure, because you can use for refueling:
- oil (preferably olive oil);
- sour cream;
- various sauces (including spicy).
That is, the same beet salad can be cooked with different dressings - it all depends on your taste and the availability of suitable products.
How to boil the beets?
To make salads please you not only with excellent taste, but also with appearance, beets need to be boiled correctly.
- Root vegetables are well washed, but not peeled.
- Put in water and set on moderate heat.
- To keep the color, after boiling, add 1 tbsp. l table vinegar.
- After 45-60 minutes (depending on the size of the beets), we lower the root crop into cold water and wait for it to cool.
- Before adding the beets to the salad, it must be peeled.
In order to compensate for the lack of vitamins in the autumn and spring, as well as not to feel an increase in extra centimeters at the waist, nutritionists recommend eating a dietary salad based on boiled beets.
- 2 boiled root vegetables;
- 1 lettuce;
- 4 tbsp. l low-fat yogurt;
- Beets clean and cut into strips.
- Onion cut into thin half rings.
- Mix vegetables, add salt and fill with yogurt.
Snack of boiled beets and carrots
The classic combination of carrots and beetroot became the basis for a delicious salad.
- 1 small boiled beets;
- 2 carrots;
- salad mayonnaise (or yogurt);
- 4 nuts (walnuts);
- salt (to taste).
- Rub the carrots and beets on a fine grater.
- Grind nuts.
- Mix the ingredients, fill with mayonnaise and add some salt.
This is the traditional version of cooking beet-carrot salad. The dish is very light and fresh. You can also add an apple (1 pc.), Dried apricots or prunes (to taste).
Spicy Garlic Salad
There is hardly a person indifferent to the favorite snack of many generations - beet salad with garlic.
- 2 boiled beets;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 4 walnuts;
- Grate the beets.
- Finely chop the nuts, add them to the beets.
- With the help of the garlic we press into the garlic mixture.
- We fill with mayonnaise. Salad ready.
This aperitif can be supplemented with prunes (70 g) - a combination of dried fruit and garlic will well set off the juiciness of the beets.
"Polish" snack with an apple
Thanks to its slightly sweet taste, beet salad is even more peculiar if you add apples to it. This snack is especially popular in restaurants in Poland.
- 3 boiled beets;
- 2 peeled apples;
- 3 tbsp. l wine vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. l lemon fresh;
- 1 walnut;
- 4 bunches of lettuce leaves;
- ¼ pure (no additives) yogurt;
- ¼ salad mayonnaise;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- salt, pepper (to taste).
- Slice apples and beets.
- Beets pour vinegar and send in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Apples sprinkled with lemon fresh juice.
- Finely chop the dill and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, as well as dill and garlic. Salt and pepper.
- Add apples to beets, pour sauce.
- Spread on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with powdered nuts.
For fans of seafood there is an uncomplicated, but not quite the usual salad recipe with boiled beets and squid.
- 2 small boiled beets;
- 3 squid carcasses;
- 3 large potatoes;
- 1 salted cucumber;
- 2 carrots;
- 2 lettuce bulbs;
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
- pepper, salt;
- greens (dill).
- Boil peeled carrots and potatoes.
- We wash the squids, remove the films from the carcasses and put them in boiling water, quickly remove them from the fire, keep in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Onions, beets, carrots, potatoes, cut into small cubes.
- Seafood cut into strips.
- Mix the ingredients, salt and pepper.
- Dress the salad with oil and decorate with finely chopped greens.
Exotic salad with oranges
An unusual combination is obtained if you add an orange to a salad based on boiled beets.
- 4 boiled beets;
- 2 small oranges;
- ½ head of cabbage;
- 150 grams of goat cheese;
- 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
- ¼ tsp mustard powder;
- 1 tsp. thyme;
- salt pepper.
- Peel the beets and cut into strips.
- Oranges clean and cut into cubes, pouring the juice into a separate bowl.
- Add oil, thyme, mustard powder, vinegar, salt and pepper to the juice.
- Pour the butter into the pan and fry the oranges lightly.
- Mix beets and oranges, fill with dressing.
- Shred cabbage, simmer it a little and add to the rest of the products.
- Mix the salad well and sprinkle with crumbled cheese.
Salad from boiled beets can be made both very simple and exquisitely intricate. In this case, in any case, do not need a lot of ingredients, and you can choose a gas station to your taste. The main thing is that the dish, regardless of the preferred recipe, will be tasty, beautiful and useful.