Bitter pepper is known for its beneficial properties and unusual taste around the world. There are many recipes to which this vegetable gives a "zest". Many housewives continue to pamper their relatives with pepper snacks even in winter. For this, they marinate or salt the vegetable. Such blanks are made very easily. In addition, they allow you to save a lot of nutrients in the peppers.
Bitter pepper is used not only as a seasoning in dried or ground form. Whole pods canned with various marinades. Also based on them are preparing awesome appetizers - adjiki and vegetable salads. For preservation, you can choose different varieties. It should take into account the size and appearance of vegetables.
If you want to pickle bitter peppers, then you should choose the fruit with a firm, dense skin. It should be thick enough. In the end, your snack will turn out crispy to the taste. Also note that there is no damage. Everyone knows that peppers of different colors are more pleasant, they look more appetizing. For adzhika and salads fit any bitter peppers.
Bitter pepper preservation: features
The most beautiful look whole chunks of peppers. Usually, cores and seeds are removed from them. Remember that it is best to do it carefully, as they contain a large amount of essential oils. Because of them we feel the bitterness and sharpness of pepper. It is best to clean with rubber gloves. Also, pepper should be kept away from the face.
There are many recipes that allow you to cook a great bitter pepper for the winter. For those who prefer a sour crispy snack, we offer a very simple method of preservation. All ingredients are designed for 1 liter jar.
- Green pepper - any amount
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Salt - 1.5 Art. l
- Vinegar 9% - 60 ml
- Bay leaf, dill, allspice peas - to taste
- Put clean garlic cloves, greens and spices in clean sterilized liter jars.
- Pepper thoroughly wash, trim the tails and clean the seeds. Vegetables laid in jars. Then pour salt in them and pour hot water. After that add vinegar.
- Banks put in a large pot. Then fill it with water for sterilization. Heat the pot to a boil. After that, sterilize the snack about 10-15 minutes.
- We finish the canning of bitter pepper by rolling the cans with lids.
Marinated bitter pepper: a recipe
- Bitter pepper of different colors - 2 kg
- Salt and sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Water - 2l.
- Vinegar 9% - 4 tbsp. l
- This unusual snack is very colorful due to the use of different peppers. It is best to alternate them in color.
- First you need to wash the peppers. Then remove the stalk and seeds inside. It is also worth cleaning out the white partitions. Rinse the peppers again. At the top, make a small cut along the arc. Prepare a clean half-liter jars.
- Lay the pepper vertically alternating colors. The base should be at the top. Boil the water and pour it into the jars. In this form, the peppers should stand for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes water from cans needs to be drained.
- Separately, in a small saucepan, prepare the marinade for bitter pepper. Boil 2 liters of water and dissolve salt and sugar in liquid. At the end pour in the vinegar. This marinade is poured into jars with pepper. He must completely cover the vegetables.
- Close the jars with sterilized lids. With the help of the seamer roll them. Turn the blank upside down and hide under the towel.
Bitter pepper snack
- Pepper - 400 gr.
- Tomatoes - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 1 head
- Vegetable oil - 100 ml
- Salt - to taste
- Wash peppers of all sizes and shapes and trim their tails. Cleaning the grain and white film inside is not necessary!
- Pass the vegetables through a meat grinder or chopper. Tomatoes also wash, cut and chop. Also grind the head of garlic.
- In a skillet with high walls or a cauldron, pour vegetable oil. Put the dishes on the fire and carefully puncture.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables to a hot saucepan. Salt to taste and simmer them for about 25 minutes. Readiness is determined by the amount of liquid. It should practically evaporate under the influence of temperature.
- The consistency of the finished snack is thick. The mass is easily spread on bread.
- Store the snack of bitter pepper in the fridge, closing the plastic or screw cap.
How to pickle bitter pepper?
Salty hot pepper goes well with meat. Usually, a similar snack in the Caucasian cuisine is served with kebabs. This method of preparation is interesting in that it is effective and simple. If during pickling you can be mistaken with the proportions of vinegar and spoil the vegetables, then with salting, everything is different.
Salty hot pepper: a quick recipe
- Green pepper - 1 kg
- Water - 1 l
- Salt - 8 tbsp. l
- Wash peppers. Tail and insides should not be cleaned. Then along the base make a 2 cm cut.
- Vegetables put in a bowl or pan. In a separate container to prepare the brine. To do this, boil water and dissolve the salt in it. Peppers pour hot pickle. Put a flat plate or lid and some load on top. Vegetables must be completely immersed in the liquid.
- A bowl of peppers covered with a towel and leave to pickle at room temperature. Vegetables are soaked in brine for 3 days. After that prepare fresh brine in the manner described above. The liquid from the basin is drained. Then the peppers pour fresh brine.
- So we soak vegetables for another 5 days. Then change the brine again. Put the peppers in clean jars and pour them with freshly prepared liquid. Bitter pepper is ready!
- It is believed that this method of salting retains all the nutrients in the vegetable. This pepper is not only very tasty, but also useful. It improves the functioning of the digestive system and has a positive effect on appetite.
Bitter hot pepper
Bitter pepper for the winter can be prepared in a slightly different way. This recipe allows you to cook pepper-like pepper. Spices and spices add extra flavor to the snack.
- Pepper - 1 kg
- Water - 3 L
- Salt - 220 gr.
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- celery - 100 gr.
- Bay leaves - 5 pcs.
- Green bitter pepper is thoroughly washed. Tails and kernels should not be removed.
- Also clean and chop the garlic and celery.
- Take a large saucepan and spread the greens on the bottom. Put the peppers on top.
- In a separate container preparing brine. To do this, dissolve the salt in boiling water.
- Hot pickle pour peppers. Then we put them in a warm room under the press. Salt vegetables for 14 days. Change the liquid at this time is not necessary!
- After 2 weeks we get peppers. They should change color - become yellowish. Vegetables are placed in clean sterilized jars. The remaining pickle boil and pour in jars with peppers. The finished snack can be closed with any kind of lids.
Bitter pepper for the winter is not just tasty, but also a healthy snack. Prepare vegetables in several ways. For longer storage suitable marinating. To do this, pepper and spices pour hot pickle and cover with lids. You can also pickle bitter pepper. In this case, the vegetables are poured with brine and left under the yoke for 5-14 days.