There are many options for filling for a delicious sponge cake. However, there is another excellent means to enrich the aftertaste of the cake layers - syrup. And if you want to make an unforgettable cake, rum baba or other pastries from this type of dough, the syrup for soaking biscuit will be very useful.
Anyone who has come across biscuit dough knows that the most important thing is how to make a cake wet or dry. For baking, you need an "averaged" version so that the pies and cakes are juicy enough, but they keep their shape. But even if the cake was dry, soaking the situation will help. The main function of various syrups for sponge cakes is to enhance the flavor and reveal even more facets of the baking taste. How to make a syrup for impregnation of biscuit?
Biscuit Sugar Syrup
The simplest and most famous syrup for impregnating biscuit cakes is sugar. It is a kind of base for various flavors: brandy, chocolate, fruit juices.
- 5 tbsp. l sugar (you can take brown sugar);
- 7 tbsp. l filtered water.
- Pour water into a small container and set it on fire.
- After the water begins to boil, we fall asleep sugar.
- Make a slow fire and wait until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Give the liquid to cool to 40-45 degrees. Impregnation is ready.
If you like strawberries, you can make an impregnation with this fragrant berry.
- 350 grams of strawberries;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 1.5 Art. water;
- 2 tbsp. l cognac.
- Strawberries well washed and fray with a spoon.
- Squeeze juice.
- Pour water into an enamel pan, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- In the sweet syrup, lay out the strawberry cake and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Strain the impregnation, pour in strawberry juice, wait until it boils, and turn it off.
- Add cognac to the fully cooled syrup.
Coffee impregnation for sponge cake
Fans of chocolate and coffee flavors should try the appropriate syrup for impregnating sponge cake at home.
- 3 tsp. natural ground coffee;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- 2 tbsp. l brown sugar (you can replace the usual);
- 2 tbsp. l cognac.
- In the Turk we mix coffee with water, turn it off immediately after boiling and insist 15-20 minutes.
- Strain coffee, fall asleep sugar and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- In the cooled coffee pour brandy.
Orange Juice Syrup
A pleasant bitterness and amazing aroma gives orange syrup to the cake.
- 1/3 Art. Sahara;
- 1 large orange;
- ½ tbsp. the juice of these citrus fruits.
- Grate orange zest.
- In a bowl, mix the juice with sugar, add the grated zest.
- We put on a slow fire, boil until all the sugar dissolves.
- Strain the finished impregnation and cool.
Alcohol gives piquant taste to biscuit impregnation. In addition to the "classics" - brandy, liqueur can be added to the syrup with the same success.
- ¾ Art. sugar sand;
- ¾ Art. filtered water;
- ¼ Art. strong liquor.
- In an enamel pot pour water, set on fire.
- Add sugar and liqueur, boil for 15 minutes.
- Cool the syrup a little and coat the biscuit cakes with it.
How to soak biscuit syrup?
In order not to spoil the sponge cake, to give it a unique shade of taste, it must be properly and well saturated. For this it is worth considering a number of recommendations:
- It is best to use a spray bottle to soak the biscuit, spraying syrup poured into it over the entire surface;
- if the syrup has to be poured with a spoon, then it is better to take a small tea and pour the liquid gradually so that the cakes are spread evenly (by the way, you can use a silicone brush for these purposes);
- when all the syrup is distributed, the biscuit for 6-7 hours should be removed in the refrigerator.
Want to surprise loved ones unexpected baking taste? Prepare a syrup for impregnating biscuit - this is the best way to provide well-known recipes with a new sound. Just be sure to soak the cakes correctly so that they are not too dry or softened. In this case, the golden mean is very important.