There are many dishes from the inconspicuous parts of the beef carcass. So, the hooves are used for excellent jelly, they prepare roast from the liver. This begs the question: where did the stomach go, unless, nothing can be cooked from it? By no means, the beef tripe, the recipe of which is not at all easy to find, is popular in the cuisines of various countries.
Practical advice from experienced chefs
Dishes from beef stomach to meet on the tables of the Slavic people can be extremely rare. Many housewives are wary of such recipes simply because they do not know how to cook a beef odorless. And the whole trick is to pre-soak the tripe in a light acetic solution: literally half an hour will be enough for this.
Today, to find such offal on the shelves of stores - it is not easy. But if by chance you managed to acquire pieces or a whole beef stomach, do not miss the opportunity to be pampered with a delicacy just because you do not know how to properly prepare the beef tripe. In fact, there is nothing difficult in this process:
- First, thoroughly wash the tripe, cut off excess body fat and rub with salt. It will help get rid of excess dirt, sand and slag.
- After soaking in the acetic solution, the scar must be cut in half and remove the inner part of the stomach, which is unsuitable for food.
- Now ready-made pieces need to boil for several hours, while the first batch of broth is desirable to merge.
The process is not at all troublesome, as is commonly believed. Still not believing? Then try to prepare a scar and see for yourself.
Tripe baked in sour cream with vegetables
There are many recipes for how to cook tasty beef tripe. And this option is one of the best. Baked in the inside of a young calf with vegetables and homemade sour cream will become your signature dish.
- 1 kg of beef scar;
- 2 onions;
- 1 carrot;
- 3 celery stalks;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 2 tbsp. l margarine;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 250 g of the finished puff pastry;
- 1 egg.
- The first step is to prepare a scar: remove excess fat from it and rinse well under running water.
- Then, so that the dish has a pleasant aroma, and not a stench, the scar is soaked in a weak acetic solution for 2-3 hours. Then we wash and rub large table salt into the surface of the tripe. Leave to soak for another 30 minutes.
- After that, cut offal into pieces, put in a saucepan and fill with three-quarters water from the tap.
- Put the dishes on a strong fire and wait for it to boil, then drain the liquid and fill the pan with new water.
- Cook the scar for about 3 hours or until it is soft enough and loosely strung with a knife. Half an hour before the end of cooking, add the celery stalk, pepper and salt to the pan.
- While the scar is boiling, you can do the preparation of vegetables. To do this, clean the onions and carrots, add to them the washed celery stalks and all the vegetables with a shred of fine straw.
- Fry the vegetables in a well-heated pan with a slice of margarine until the carrots and onions become translucent in color.
- In the meantime, the scar will be ready. We, like vegetables, cut it into strips.
- In another pan fry offal by mixing it with sifted flour.
- Add vegetables to the rumen, add salt and pepper, add finely chopped garlic and sour cream. Cover the pan with the lid and simmer for about 7 minutes.
- We lay out the products in prepared molds, at the same time it is not necessary to lubricate the dishes with additional oil.
- Now, on the work surface, slightly roll out the finished puff pastry and cut out a small circle according to the diameter of the mold.
- Cover the molds with dough and cut a small hole in the middle of the center, grease with the yolk on top. Remove the dish in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
- As soon as the dough is covered with a fragrant golden crust, the dish is ready.
In Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Kazakhstan, every hostess knows how to cook beef tripe. It is used to make homemade pate, boil the scar, hover and stew. But the traditional dish are flasks - homemade pasta with a sauce of fresh vegetables and kefir.
- 300 g boiled scar;
- 100 grams of pasta;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- bunch of parsley;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. broth;
- spices and spices;
- 1 tbsp. kefir.
- Since the scars are already ready, we cut them into small longitudinal pieces.
- Then clean, wash and pass carrot with onion. Finely chop the washed parsley.
- In a pan, melt a small piece of margarine and fry vegetables with parsley for a bit.
- When the onions become transparent and the carrots are soft, add peeled tomatoes to the pan. Fry all the ingredients on low heat for about two minutes.
- After that add scars, salt and favorite spices to the sauce. Pour the broth into the pan and cover with a lid.
- While vegetables and offal are stewed, boil pasta in a saucepan. If you wish, you can make your own dough, like lasagna, and cut it into small cubes.
- Boiled pasta combine with vegetables and under the lid closed, heat in a pan for about two or three minutes.
- We shift the dish in a deep bowl and pour kefir at room temperature. We decorate all finely chopped greens and serve to the table.
What else can be cooked from beef rumen? In fact, there are plenty of options. The beauty of this delicacy is in its versatility. In fact, the scar is a common filler, and each housewife prepares it differently. This is a fragrant soup, and delicious roast, delicious goulash, as well as a component of homemade pate. With different additives, spices and spices, the dish gets new flavors. Try it and you cook something new and unusual.