Would you like to cook for dinner a delicious Hungarian traditional dish? Then take a piece of chilled beef, any vegetables and seasonings. A little time and a minimum set of products will allow you to create a true culinary masterpiece. In addition, beef stew with gravy goes well with absolutely any side dish.
Many housewives do not like to cook beef due to the fact that this meat should be stewed or roasted for a long time, otherwise it may turn out to be rather dry and hard. Yes, and the correct marinade, as well as the sauce is not always successfully pick up. Tips from experienced chefs will help you prepare a real Hungarian dish, like in the best restaurants:
- for quenching, you should choose only chilled or freshly frozen beef pulp;
- meat should not be blood clots, thick film and bone;
- juicy and fragrant will be beef goulash prepared from the shoulder part;
- for the marinade, you can take ordinary wine vinegar, red wine or fresh tomatoes;
- a mixture of peppers, paprika and dried Provencal herbs is ideally combined with beef fillet;
- the choice of spices for cooking beef goulash should be approached carefully, otherwise the dish can be spoiled;
- stew meat should be in thick-walled containers and at least 50 minutes;
- As a sauce, you can use tomatoes or sour cream;
- tasty and rich get a meat dish cooked with cheese or garlic sauce;
- You can stew beef in a slow cooker, oven, saucepan or in a baking sleeve.
Beef stew with gravy: a recipe with photos
Those who have already tried beef stew with an incredibly fragrant sour cream sauce, were able to make sure that this dish turns out really tender, juicy and appetizing. Stew beef with sauce can be on any recipe. The classic version of the preparation of such a dish includes only beef pulp, sour cream, onions and seasonings. If you want beef to acquire a refined taste and extraordinary flavor, try adding a light beer. Believe me, your household, having tasted such a dish, does not stint on praise.
- beef pulp - 1 kg;
- 2 onions;
- light beer - 160 ml;
- 2 carrots;
- sour cream with 15% fat concentration - 350 ml;
- bay leaves;
- salt and seasoning to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Chilled beef pulp should be washed and thoroughly dried, and then cut into equal pieces.
- Onions need to be peeled and chopped into cubes or half rings.
- On hot vegetable oil, sauté the onion until softened.
- Fried onions should be put in a separate thick-walled container.
- On the same vegetable oil should be roasted pieces of beef pulp until the juice is completely isolated.
- Fried beef should be put on top of the onion in a thick-walled container and season with spices, the main thing is to add paprika.
- Half of the fresh onion should be cut and put on top of roasted beef pulp.
- The next layer is to put the shredded carrots.
- Meat should be poured with beer and add a little purified water. The liquid should not cover the beef completely.
- Stew the dish in a sealed container for 20 minutes and then add sour cream to it.
- After mixing all the ingredients, the beef should be put out in sour cream for another 7-8 minutes.
- Then you need to cook a delicious side dish and serve beef with sour cream sauce to the table.
How familiar are you with Hungarian dishes? If you want to surprise your guests or loved ones with an exquisite delicacy of beef pulp, try cooking a perkelt. In appearance and taste, this dish turns out like regular beef goulash, however, fresh tomatoes and paprika give it piquancy and extraordinary taste.
- beef pulp - 0.5 kg;
- 2 tbsp. l paprika;
- 2 fresh bell peppers;
- 100 g fresh tomatoes;
- 3 onions;
- pork fat or fresh fat - 15 g.
- Beef pulp should be prepared as described in the previous recipe.
- Onions need to be cleaned from the husk and cut into small cubes.
- In a frying pan, melt the fat and put the chopped onion.
- Pass the onion until done, and then sprinkle it paprika abundantly.
- Both components need to be well mixed so that the paprika does not form lumps.
- Melted fat should be completely absorbed into paprika.
- Pieces of beef pulp should be put into this mixture, and then salt and seasonings should be added to the meat according to personal taste preferences.
- Beef must be stew over a minimum of fire.
- Fresh tomatoes should be peeled, and then arbitrarily chopped.
- Sweet pepper should be washed, remove the seeds and stalk from it, and then cut into small cubes.
- The prepared mixture should be added to the beef.
- Stew beef fillet to full readiness in a sealed container. If the gravy is not enough, you can add some purified water.
- It is better to serve beef pulp to the table with mashed potatoes and fresh greens.
Fragrant and juicy meat in a slow cooker
If you want to cook aromatic and juicy beef pulp with an abundance of tomato sauce, use the slow cooker. You only need to put all the ingredients in a multi-cup, and then you can go about your business. At the end of the cooking program, beef goulash can be seasoned with fresh herbs or dried herbs. The choice of program mode and quenching time depends solely on the model and power of the multicooker.
- beef pulp - 0.5 kg;
- 2 onions;
- 2 carrots;
- cooking oil;
- 0.5 liters of water or broth;
- 3 tbsp. l tomato paste or fresh tomato pulp;
- bay leaves and seasonings;
- Bell pepper;
- Beef pulp needs to be prepared, as usual, and cut into portions in medium pieces.
- Onions, carrots and sweet Bulgarian pepper should be peeled and cut into thin strips, half rings or cubes.
- In a multicooker container, you need to pour vegetable oil and put chopped onion and beef pulp.
- After setting the program mode "Baking", beef with onions should be roasted for 8-10 minutes.
- Then put the remaining chopped vegetables, tomato paste or the pulp of fresh tomatoes into the multicooker container, pour in the broth or filtered water.
- Goulash should be seasoned with table salt and any spices to taste.
- Having set the program mode "Quenching" or "Multipovar", goulash should be stewed on average 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Beef goulash with fragrant gravy is in harmony with any side dish and fresh herbs.
Beef fillet goes well with any vegetables. During the stewing of goulash, you can add eggplants, potatoes, zucchini, etc. If you want to make the finished dish elegant and savory, beef pulp should be marinated in wine sauce. Enjoy your meal!